BRUINS GDT GAME 9 10/30 7:08 PM - THE BEAR seeks revenge against the Sunrise Kittens - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1698607314574.png

1698607368680.png

1698607400624.png

The Boston Bruins began a stretch of four straight games against Atlantic Division opponents over the weekend, but Monday night's visit from the Florida Panthers could mean a little bit more.

While a 7-0-1 start has the Bruins sitting as one of only two NHL teams without a regulation loss, last April's first-round playoff exit to Florida -- following a record-setting run to the Presidents' Trophy -- cannot be fully forgotten.

"I haven't thought about it yet, but I'm sure on Monday the guys that are returning will want to have a good hockey game," Boston coach Jim Montgomery said following Saturday's 4-1 win over Detroit.

David Pastrnak's pair of third-period goals brought the Bruins over the edge against the Red Wings, which was a strong bounce-back effort from Thursday's overtime loss to Anaheim.

Pastrnak already has recorded eight goals and five multi-point games in eight contests this season. He has scored on two penalty shots, reaching that mark faster than any player in NHL history since the penalty shot was instituted in 1934-35.

Pavel Zacha and defenseman Charlie McAvoy also scored against Detroit. McAvoy's first goal of the season stood as the game-winner.

"I thought he started the year off well and now I think he's just dominating," Montgomery said of McAvoy.

The Bruins will look to keep up their balanced production during the stretch of divisional games, which can admittedly feel like "four-point games" in the standings and boost momentum.

"Every team in this league is a serious opponent, but again, those division points are huge for us," goaltender Jeremy Swayman said. "We know that these points matter early on in the season and (are) big momentum pieces for us to build off of and grow from."

The Panthers have won back-to-back and four of their last five games after coming from two goals behind for a 3-2 win over Seattle on Saturday. As a result, their record is above .500 for the first time.

While Sam Reinhart's five-game goal and point streak ended in the win, Gustav Forsling, Matthew Tkachuk and Nick Cousins all scored their first goals of the season. The first two goals to tie the game came within an 11-second span.

"It's hockey," goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky said. "In the regular season, there will be ups and downs and it's a part of the process. It's most important that we got the two points and the win."

Bobrovsky has lived that mantra out in the early going. His 30-save effort against Seattle was a big one, as he entered the game with a 2-3-0 record and .899 save percentage.

Back-up Anthony Stolarz has played in just one game so far.

Closing the homestand on a winning note was key before Florida headed out for three straight and four road games in a five-game span.

"The road can be a real grind for us, so home has to be a good place for us," Florida coach Paul Maurice said. "A big chunk of that is believing you are a good home team."

Forward Sam Bennett (lower-body injury) did not practice Sunday, but his regular-season debut still has a chance to come in Boston, according to Maurice.

"When you've been out for a while, you really miss being out there," Bennett said during the week.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I wish Looch was available for this game. Was looking for it on the schedule. Keep your heads up boys. Watch out for Tkachuk. He's DEFINITELY going to go after Poitras. So hopefully the boys don't allow ANY shit. I don't want to see them be passive. You can't with this team. Play hard and fast and physical. Keep your heads up. No injuries.

giphy.gif

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wish Lucic was healthy. Would like to see them pick up a Sabourin or Viel until Lucic is healthy then keep that player in Providence if Lucic gets hurt again.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
All this talk of being worried about Poitras being targeted by Fla reminds me of all the worry about Carlo being targeted by the hawks. All that pearl clutching and not a single thing happened.

We’ve already seen Marchand “target” another rookie in the league and it was basically the equivalent of ball busting.

Highly doubt someone is looking to knock Poitras onto the IR.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I don't know who Poitras' linemates are going to be tomorrow night but I want them prepared to protect Poitras, you just know the Panthers are going to run him.
Well, Poitras doesn’t have to play in every game(they could rest him and push the decision out a few more days)but I bet he doesn’t want to be protected:yo:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Last season is history, I honestly don't see the Panthers as a rival yet in the way I see the Habs or Leafs as rivals. To me, this is a four point game, take it and move on. F**k the Panthers, they won nothing.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
All this talk of being worried about Poitras being targeted by Fla reminds me of all the worry about Carlo being targeted by the hawks. All that pearl clutching and not a single thing happened.

We’ve already seen Marchand “target” another rookie in the league and it was basically the equivalent of ball busting.

Highly doubt someone is looking to knock Poitras onto the IR.

If I was the other team and I knew the team I was facing had a promising rookie, I'd want to give him a warm welcome. The Carlo hit on Hall wasn't anything because Hall didn't make it anything. Brad didn't do anything to Bedard to warrent anything, though their fans wanted someone to not allow it to happen.

Tkachuk is a pos. And people should be ready to see him be a pos next game. The Bruins better be ready for anything.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If I was the other team and I knew the team I was facing had a promising rookie, I'd want to give him a warm welcome. The Carlo hit on Hall wasn't anything because Hall didn't make it anything. Brad didn't do anything to Bedard to warrent anything, though their fans wanted someone to not allow it to happen.

Tkachuk is a pos. And people should be ready to see him be a pos next game. The Bruins better be ready for anything.

Panthers have played 7 games so far this season. Which promising young player have they targeted so far?

Is Cole Perfetti still alive?

Reactions: Mathews28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad