Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
cWgPsxj.png

:edmonton ............... @ ................ :wild
(3-6-0)...............................................(5-2-1)
6 pts. ................................................ 11 pts.

The McDavids are Connor McDaviding their way through the Connor McDavid. Many Connor McDavids suggest that the McDavids may finally Connor McDavid their franchise, and it's all thanks to one Connor McDavid, who goes by the name of Connor McDavid. Tune your Connor McDavids to FSN tonight to watch the McDavids Connor McDavid the Minnesota Wild.

Since 2012, the Wild are 7-2-1 against the Oilers. Outscoring them 30-20 in those 10 games.

[FIELDSET="Quotes"]
http://www.startribune.com/after-comeback-falls-short-wild-devan-dubnyk-say-they-re-not-worried-about-his-knee-injury/336977331/

“It’s hard to play when you’re thinking about whether or not you’re capable of making certain movements ... A tough 18 minutes there in the second, but I fully believe that it’s going to be fine going forward. I’m sure I’ll be fine for Tuesday"
-Devan Dubnyk

“I’m told that I’m not supposed to be worried about it. I talked with him earlier, and he said he’s feeling it a little bit but it shouldn’t be a problem, and I’ve been assured it shouldn’t be a problem. Obviously he won’t touch the ice [Monday]. We’ll make sure that he gets the treatment that he needs.”

“Certainly we’ll look at the big picture. If there’s any risk of him damaging this further, then he won’t be in the net. But if he can play and go out and play well, he’ll be in.”
-Mike Yeo, on Dubnyk's knee

“You think about it, of course. Just keep playing the same way, things will happen. I was getting chances, they just were not going in for me. I’ll start getting mad when I’m not getting chances. I was getting chances before, I just wasn’t burying them. So it was good to get that one tonight.”
-Jason Zucker, on getting his first goal

“We put ourselves in a pretty tough position. Those goals in the second gave us some life and then we started to play. Just came up a little short.”
-Zach Parise

“It’s too bad. We’re just a group that does that. We stay in every single game. We’re not willing to throw games away or give up on two points. We’ve been rewarded a lot of times for that effort, and unfortunately we didn’t tonight.”
-Devan Dubnyk

[/FIELDSET]

Minnesota Wild Leading Scorers

Zach Parise, LW | 8 GP | 7g* | 2a | 9p | 2 PIM | +1
*T-2 in NHL

Parise_Minnesota_672x412.jpg

Mikko Koivu, C | 8 GP | 3g | 4a | 7p | 2 PIM | +2
Ryan Suter, D | 8 GP | 0g | 6a | 6p | 2 PIM | -3
Thomas Vanek, LW | 8 GP | 4g | 2a | 6p | 8 PIM | -2
3 tied with 5

Probable Starter

Devan Dubnyk | 5-2-0 | .909 SV% | 2.27 GAA

Devan_Dubnyk_Night_Off.jpg

Edmonton Oilers Leading Scorers

Connor McDavid, C | 9 GP | 5g | 4a | 9p | 4 PIM | -3

q58ZYkG.jpg

Nail Yakupov, RW | 9 GP | 2g | 6a | 8p | 4 PIM | +1
Taylor Hall, LW | 9 GP | 3g | 3a | 6p | 8 PIM | +/-0
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C | 9 GP | 3g | 2a | 5p | 2 PIM | -3
Benoit Pouliot, LW | 9 GP | 2g | 3a | 5p | 4 PIM | -1

Probable Starter

Cam Talbot | 2-4-0 | .917 SV% | 2.35 GAA

MSoK4VL.jpg

Edmonton's Last Game

:wild

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Koivu - Niederreiter
Vanek - Coyle - Fontaine
Carter - Haula - Porter

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Scandella - Folin

:edmonton

McDavid - McDavid - McDavid

McDavid - McDavid
McDavid - McDavid
McDavid - McDavid

Healthy Scratch:
Wayne Gretzky

6usAZnw.png

Let's Go Wild!!!

ParisePreview42613.jpg

Last edited:

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
double hat trick in the 1st period tonight for McBeast

I think we will be able to shut him down for the most part tonight. With the exception of a few players (Kane, Iginla), we are usually pretty good at shutting down other teams' stars. For example, Mackinnon & Toews are pretty much always invisible against us, and we are pretty good at shutting down Seguin/Benn (at least at home).

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we really need a W , lets not be the team that helps mc david get his first hatty. keep an eye on yakupov and compare him to zucker so you guys will understand why i keep pushing for a trade to bring him here. cheers! go wild.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Anyone ever been to one of Russo and Souhans live podcast tapings? I was already thinking about going to Tom Reid's before the game and just read that they'll be taping it there today at 4.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Looking at the OP, Edmonton's lines look pretty stacked. I don't think we stand a chance. Tonight is the night the last time we see an Oilers game at the X before FSN starts showing Edmonton's putrid record here before McDavid, and then their record after McDavid.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Are the Pacific standings upside down?

I think it would be easier to find division predictions that were exactly reversed.

I feel like this thread needs more McDavid/Gretzky comparisons...

There is very little at this point that is standing in the way of McDavid shattering Gretzky's TOI vs. Wild record. He's going to stomp it so hard they're already planning on not having a ceremony open to the public.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild D better play better than they have. EDM makes all kinds of mistakes themselves, but they have the speed and talent to get chances on the break.

MacDavid is not like the Yaks, Eberles, RNH's, even Halls. He is madly talented AND smart.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Is there not a fair way to just do 2 conferences where you play teams an equal amount? I hate being stuck in a good division while other teams can skate by, especially with the seeding structure of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad