Pre-Game Talk: Game 82 - Why Are The Regulars Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’m going to miss this one . It’s blacked out on Sportsnet and I’m working 3-11 . Not sure I would watch this one anyway , it’s meaningless and the Florida - Carolina game is the game to watch tomorrow.

Reactions: hrdpuk

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The records have been set. Bubble wrap this team as much as possible heading into the playoffs. Worst thing that could happen tomorrow night is an injury to a starter.
Points percentage is more meaningful then wins or points to me. I believe it is within reach with one more win. I'm not committed to going for it but it's within reach and the other records obviously mattered to this team.

Edit. I did the research again. We will most definitely not have the best points percentage of all time. The Bruins are way behind two previous team's including the 29-30 Bruins (.875) and 43-44 Canadiens (.830). In my mind I excluded these teams and was comparing to only the modern NHL teams. However even there my math was off. The 76-77 Canadiens had a .825 points percentage on an 80 game schedule. With a win we close out at .823 which is obviously just a point or two short but nonetheless completely unattainable. Apologies for all these wasted words.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrdpuk

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I wonder if they go:

Bert-Krejci-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Zacha

I feel like Bert and Hall are both going to overpass it if they play together, while Zacha can be the trigger man on that line
Call me crazy, but Zacha with Bert + Pasta has been pretty effective.

Obviously Krejci needs it fit in the line up somewhere, but they've been more than effective together. I say run with it.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Call me crazy, but Zacha with Bert + Pasta has been pretty effective.

Obviously Krejci needs it fit in the line up somewhere, but they've been more than effective together. I say run with it.
Agree 100% ...Bert, Zacha and Pasta have been giving the opposition fits and have rejuvenated the PP

1681358177361.jpeg

..don't fix it

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Agree 100% ...Bert, Zacha and Pasta have been giving the opposition fits and have rejuvenated the PP

View attachment 687132

..don't fix it
So where does Krejci play ? On the wing ? The Czech line played reasonably well most of the year and at this point Bertuzzi is the more adaptable player . I still think Hall - Coyle - Bertuzzi has real potential and that’s what I’d go with .

Reactions: HustleB

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So where does Krejci play ? On the wing ? The Czech line played reasonably well most of the year and at this point Bertuzzi is the more adaptable player . I still think Hall - Coyle - Bertuzzi has real potential and that’s what I’d go with .
I'd like to keep Bert and Pasta together as they have developed some good chemistry

Monty can always alternate Krejci and Zacha as centers on lines 2 and 3, but I hope he keeps Bert and Pasta together.....especially on the PP

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'd like to keep Bert and Pasta together as they have developed some good chemistry

Monty can always alternate Krejci and Zacha as centers on lines 2 and 3, but L hope he keeps Bert and Pasta together.....especially on the PP
So Coyle goes to the wing if Zacha is the center on line 3 ? I don’t know , I think on game 1 at least we see the Czech line together.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So Coyle goes to the wing if Zacha is the center on line 3 ? I don’t know , I think on game 1 at least we see the Czech line together.
I think Monty will probably start off with the Czech line as line #2, and I'm ok with that if it's working, but if they look out of sync because of Krejci's absence, I wouldn't hesitate to switch back to Bert, Zacha and Pasta. I love the pressure and scoring chances that line is producing.......especially on the PP (and I would even consider putting the BZP line on PP1)

It's a good problem to have this many options, I just hope Monty doesn't wait too long if a change is necessary

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I see the benefit of both options. This is why I love the in game tinkering from Montgomery. He seems to find good fits in most games. I feel like that will be a real benefit come playoff time where teams match up more. Certainly makes it more difficult for teams to get the specific matchups they wanted.

I think Monty will probably start off with the Czech line as line #2, and I'm ok with that if it's working, but if they look out of sync because of Krejci's absence, I wouldn't hesitate to switch back to Bert, Zacha and Pasta. I love the pressure and scoring chances that line is producing.......especially on the PP (and I would even consider putting the BZP line on PP1)

It's a good problem to have this many options, I just hope Monty doesn't wait too long if a change is necessary
You said it better than I did. I agree.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad