Pre-Game Talk: Game 82 - Why Are The Regulars Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
dom mentioned a few days ago that they have plenty of cap space to call up the whole f***in providence team.
this is honestly such a bizarre choice. especially bergeron, no way he should be playing IMO.
Hmm weird, is Providence playing for anything right now? Really strange they wouldn't call up the max they can....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
dom mentioned a few days ago that they have plenty of cap space to call up the whole f***in providence team.
this is honestly such a bizarre choice. especially bergeron, no way he should be playing IMO.
1000% agree about Bergeron. Bergy is the most important player on this team. No way in hell should Monty have him in the lineup in a completely meaningless game against Montreal. If at all possible I would be sitting Bergy, McAvoy, Lindholm, Orlov, Sway and Ullmark at minimum. More if possible.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I had a dream last night they pulled me off camera and made me the goalie and I won

Uneventful drive through the mountains

1681328845668.png

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I guess I'm in the minority, but I have no problem with our "regular" players playing. If they aren't banged up, and don't need the rest, they probably really WANT to play. I know I would. I get that Bergeron is 37 years old...but geez he isn't geriatric. The guy is an extremely fit and competitive athlete.
Sure, there's an element of risk to every game, and yes it would sure suck to lose key players in a "meaningless game"...but...it's still a professional league hockey game.

Playing real games against a real opponent (especially Montreal, even though they suck this year), is far better than practise/scrimmage. I can see how it helps players to stay sharp prior to starting the upcoming marathon.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1000% agree about Bergeron. Bergy is the most important player on this team. No way in hell should Monty have him in the lineup in a completely meaningless game against Montreal. If at all possible I would be sitting Bergy, McAvoy, Lindholm, Orlov, Sway and Ullmark at minimum. More if possible.
he could still sit this game out, going on the trip means he gets to hang out in montreal. close to his family, cool place to go.
agree with whoever mentioned that hall-coyle-bertuzzi line, if that's a thing, better get a look at it now.

Reactions: Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Monty's made good to great decisions about who plays where & how much all season long. However, this is IMO the first bad decision he's made in that regard.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Maybe there are cap reasons that they can't do that? Also think they can only call up 3 people unless it's emergency basis
Bruins have $3.9 million in cap space. They can call up whoever they please with an AAV totalling that amount.

And they still have 4 callups. Lauko was not a callup when they brought him up he was "set to roster" which means he couldn't be sent back down.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Monty's made good to great decisions about who plays where & how much all season long. However, this is IMO the first bad decision he's made in that regard.
after watching linus tweak something last night, it seems like even more of a bizarre decision

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I wonder if they go:

Bert-Krejci-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Zacha

I feel like Bert and Hall are both going to overpass it if they play together, while Zacha can be the trigger man on that line
I just don't want to take Betruzzi away from Pasta those two have some real nice chemistry going on and Bert is so good at anticipating where Pasta is going to be its amazing how good those two have been together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad