GDT: Game 82 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, April 18th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That clown shoe Martin Brodeur was on some show back in February and named his top 5 active goalies. He must still be drinking because his list was a farce. Helle didnt make the cut but the legendary Adin Hill and illustrious Jacob Markstrom did LMFAO.
Brodeur doesn't really deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the true elites of his era: Roy and Hasek.

I don't think he was the top goalie in any season he played in (I don't know how they were determining Vezina winners back then...games played maybe? W-L? It sure didn't have anything to do with SV%).

He's a career .912 - and he played through the entire dead puck era. Benefitted from a really solid defensive, trapping team in front of him for his entire career.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Jets missing an entire top line and perfetti still a 4th line player lol

The reason Cole is probably not playing in the top-6 is that they are afraid if he has a big game awkward questions will have to be answered about why he's not in the game 1 lineup 😂

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Word on the street is that it's Sunday, per people who work at the arena
A Sunday night game will make for a crowded time on the PVR, but it will also mean that Mr. Mostly Wonderful will be free to watch the game with us.

Incidentally, the other thing I learned at lunch is that the Jets are the only team going into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Florida has won 4 in a row and the others all have 3 or fewer wins. If we win tonight, we'll enter the playoffs on an 8 game winning streak which, according to vocal historians, has never been done in Jets' history, even by the fabled team from 2017 or whenever it was.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
A Sunday night game will make for a crowded time on the PVR, but it will also mean that Mr. Mostly Wonderful will be free to watch the game with us.

Incidentally, the other thing I learned at lunch is that the Jets are the only team going into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Florida has won 4 in a row and the others all have 3 or fewer wins. If we win tonight, we'll enter the playoffs on an 8 game winning streak which, according to vocal historians, has never been done in Jets' history, even by the fabled team from 2017 or whenever it was.
Per the Freep:

The teams set to meet tonight at Canada Life Centre are certainly in great shape as they gear up for the start of the Stanley Cup playoffs this weekend.

The Winnipeg Jets have won seven consecutive games to lock up second place in the Central Division and home-ice advantage against the Colorado Avalanche in a series we expect to begin Sunday evening. And the Vancouver Canucks are the Pacific Division champs and will open their first-round series in their own backyard against the Nashville Predators.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Best thing about tonight is Helle is not even dressing he can sit up in the pb have some popcorn and just relax.
Agreed. I like giving him the real night off and not backup duty.

I hope Lowry doesn't care about his iron man streak...otherwise, someone is pissed now...
Bones said yesterday that all the players will be asked their preference to play or rest and the team would abide by their choice.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I wanna see Nik get that playoff monkey off his back, he really needs to have a great start to his playoffs this year and so do the Jets.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
You mean Pinto Bean sized Moose....
dance-bean.gif

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Don't forget to get your guesses into the Prediction Contest before it is too late. Note some of the lineup changes, so if you have picked players to score the first goal of the game and they are not playing, you are SOL (Simply Out of the Loop)...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad