GDT: Game 82 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, April 18th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This will be the first game of the season I'll have to entirely miss. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my ears shut and watch the replay without spoilers :laugh:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I fully believe that Toffoli and Monahan are pure rentals for this team, it would be nice if both Lambert and Chibby really show well tonight, come into camp next year and grab two spots.

Reactions: hn777

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
View attachment 854066

Welcome to the 13th Annual HFJets Awards. Tonight we will be honouring all those who posted in the Jets forum and made this season a big success. There are many categories to go through and so little time, so let's get started shall we?

The first category to be handed out is the “Lineup Updates” Award, for those HFJets posters who make sure we know who's playing and who's eating popcorn in the press box. And the winner is...

@gojetsgo

Congratulations, please come up and accept your award...

View attachment 854074

Speech...Speech... “Go Jets Go!” Thank you gojetsgo!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Post Game Thread” Award, for those HFJets posters who are always on top of things to get the ball rolling at the end of every Jets game. And the winner is...

@bustamente

View attachment 854077

Speech...Speech... “I couldn't have done it without the Jets” Thank you Bustamente!

Our next category is the “Winnipeg Jets History” Award, for those HFJets posters who bring back memories with posts about our favourite hockey team. And the winner is...

@Guardian17

Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854078

Speech...Speech...”Thank you for the award, I feel like a Vindicator.” You're welcome Guardian17!

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of you who volunteered to make GDTs this year. Your efforts have made HFJets the envy of the entire league board...

@Jets 31, @SUX2BU, @Aggie204, @AlphaLackey, @GeorgeJETson, @Mud Turtle, @Luc Labelle, @flyingkiwi, @The Blue Baron, @Section 325 and @tbcwpg

Our next category is the “Poet Laureate and Coelacanth Enabler” Award, for those HFJets posters who continuously amaze us with their “Bard” ability and living fossil fish knowledge. And the winner is....

@kanadalainen

View attachment 854083

Speech...Speech...”They said I Coelacanth, but I CoelaCAN!” Thank you kanadalainen!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Look Who's Playing” Award, for those HFJets posters who exemplify the sarcastic nature of the game. And the winner is.....

@sipowicz

View attachment 854087

Speech...Speech... “Look who's winning an award!” Thank you Sip!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Trivia and Game Notes” Award, for those HFJets posters who have some interesting tidbits about the game and its' players. And the winner is....

@DharmaBum

To present your award, we have a special guest, Vincent Price. Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854089

Speech...Speech...“I have loved, cried, been mad with happiness. I have won and I have lost.” Thank you DharmaBum!

IN MEMORIUM

On a sad note, we lost one of our HFJets family to cancer this season: @lomiller1 He fought a brave fight and he will be missed. Rest in peace!

View attachment 854092

Our next category is the “Game Day Music” Award, for those HFJets posters who get the forum rockin' with some gnarly tunes! And the winner is...

@Jets 31

Congratulations Jets 31, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854094

Speech..Speech...“I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” Thank you His Dudeness!

Our next category is the “Special Video” Award, for those HFJets posters who puts a video together that stands out and impresses the entire board. And the winner is...

@Ponds for the video:

Congratulations Ponds, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854097

Speech..Speech... “This [was] my attempt at conjuring up maximum mojo to help aid the [Jets] snap their losing streak.” Thank you Ponds!

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, the final category of the night. Who will win the “Rookie of the Year” Award? It goes to the HFJets poster who has made the biggest splash on this board in their rookie season. And the winner is...

@Cotton Eye Joe

View attachment 854098

Speech...Speech...”But all [ I ] had come for was having some fun...” Thank you Cotton Eye Joe!

Well, the award show is running a bit late, but I would just like to thank each and every one of you for making this forum so much fun and enjoyable, and there is still more to come. Playoffs Baby! Go Jets Go!

Oh and don't forget to stick around after the game to find out who wins the Prediction Contest this season. It's a close one, so you won't want to miss the final results

What about tiny Park Your Ford, the pinto sized Moose!

at least Ehlers is dressed.....

Reactions: Teppo Numenor

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Oh where is this from, there was a poll of former goalies?
That clown shoe Martin Brodeur was on some show back in February and named his top 5 active goalies. He must still be drinking because his list was a farce. Helle didnt make the cut but the legendary Adin Hill and illustrious Jacob Markstrom did LMFAO.

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I mean the Jets have 2 things to play for and the Canucks one. Both are playing for 2nd in the West (it's not nothing), and the Jets are playing for the Jennings.

I can't wait for the chaotic energy of having so many new players in the lineup, and so much youth. My interest has climbed at least 1000%

Go Jets Go!
I'm really looking forward to this game now.

Reactions: Jet and jungles

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Per Daily Faceoff

Iafallo Lambert Vilardi
Ehlers Monahan Toffoli
Niedereiter Gus Appleton
Perfetti Kupari Chibrikov
Thanks. We might be in tough to get a win tonight. I see Morrissey and Dilly out as well. I would have considered sitting Vilardi as well seeing he's a little fragile. Not surprised Barron is getting the night off as well. Need him ready for Monday.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
View attachment 854066

Welcome to the 13th Annual HFJets Awards. Tonight we will be honouring all those who posted in the Jets forum and made this season a big success. There are many categories to go through and so little time, so let's get started shall we?

The first category to be handed out is the “Lineup Updates” Award, for those HFJets posters who make sure we know who's playing and who's eating popcorn in the press box. And the winner is...

@gojetsgo

View attachment 854074

Speech...Speech... “Go Jets Go!” Thank you gojetsgo!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Post Game Thread” Award, for those HFJets posters who are always on top of things to get the ball rolling at the end of every Jets game. And the winner is...

@bustamente

View attachment 854077

Speech...Speech... “I couldn't have done it without the Jets” Thank you Bustamente!

Our next category is the “Winnipeg Jets History” Award, for those HFJets posters who bring back memories with posts about our favourite hockey team. And the winner is...

@Guardian17

View attachment 854078

Speech...Speech...”Thank you for the award, I feel like a Vindicator.” You're welcome Guardian17!

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of you who volunteered to make GDTs this year. Your efforts have made HFJets the envy of the entire league board...

@Jets 31, @SUX2BU, @Aggie204, @AlphaLackey, @GeorgeJETson, @Mud Turtle, @Luc Labelle, @flyingkiwi, @The Blue Baron, @Section 325 and @tbcwpg

Our next category is the “Poet Laureate and Coelacanth Enabler” Award, for those HFJets posters who continuously amaze us with their “Bard” ability and living fossil fish knowledge. And the winner is....

@kanadalainen

View attachment 854083

Speech...Speech...”They said I Coelacanth, but I CoelaCAN!” Thank you kanadalainen!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Look Who's Playing” Award, for those HFJets posters who exemplify the sarcastic nature of the game. And the winner is.....

@sipowicz

View attachment 854087

Speech...Speech... “Look who's winning an award!” Thank you Sip!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Trivia and Game Notes” Award, for those HFJets posters who have some interesting tidbits about the game and its' players. And the winner is....

@DharmaBum

To present your award, we have a special guest, Vincent Price. Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854089

Speech...Speech...“I have loved, cried, been mad with happiness. I have won and I have lost.” Thank you DharmaBum!

IN MEMORIUM

On a sad note, we lost one of our HFJets family to cancer this season: @lomiller1 He fought a brave fight and he will be missed. Rest in peace!

View attachment 854092

Our next category is the “Game Day Music” Award, for those HFJets posters who get the forum rockin' with some gnarly tunes! And the winner is...

@Jets 31

Congratulations Jets 31, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854094

Speech..Speech...“I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” Thank you His Dudeness!

Our next category is the “Special Video” Award, for those HFJets posters who puts a video together that stands out and impresses the entire board. And the winner is...

@Ponds for the video:

Congratulations Ponds, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854097

Speech..Speech... “This [was] my attempt at conjuring up maximum mojo to help aid the [Jets] snap their losing streak.” Thank you Ponds!

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, the final category of the night. Who will win the “Rookie of the Year” Award? It goes to the HFJets poster who has made the biggest splash on this board in their rookie season. And the winner is...

@Cotton Eye Joe

View attachment 854098

Speech...Speech...”But all [ I ] had come for was having some fun...” Thank you Cotton Eye Joe!

Well, the award show is running a bit late, but I would just like to thank each and every one of you for making this forum so much fun and enjoyable, and there is still more to come. Playoffs Baby! Go Jets Go!

Oh and don't forget to stick around after the game to find out who wins the Prediction Contest this season. It's a close one, so you won't want to miss the final results...

One more award, and I am sure it is by a unanimous vote, for outstanding performance in GDT production ................
@macmaroon .
You're probably asleep so no need to come up and accept your award. Its in the mail.

Thanks for your great work mac. I always look forward to your GDT.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I'm going to try and get to the game early today so I can watch the solo skate by Lambert and Chibrikov.

Hopefully I can witness history in the making as two future Jets start their career.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
According to the Lunchtime Loudmouth (tm), our series against Denver starts on Sunday. I thought it was on Monday.

As irritating as he is, he's also very often right. But I can't find anything from the NHL on when the western series will begin. Perhaps local ticket holders can give me an accurate answer?

Reactions: Stumbledore

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
According to the Lunchtime Loudmouth (tm), our series against Denver starts on Sunday. I thought it was on Monday.

As irritating as he is, he's also very often right. But I can't find anything from the NHL on when the western series will begin. Perhaps local ticket holders can give me an accurate answer?
Still says TBD on my tickets. They aren't going to announce anything until the other two match ups are set later tonight (who Dallas plays and who Edmonton plays).

Reactions: Stumbledore

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Word on the street is that it's Sunday, per people who work at the arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad