GDT: Game 82 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, April 18th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Oh man I'm getting flashbacks of living in Vancouver during a snowstorm. I lived in Richmond, and theres this GIANT hill leading from the main road to downtown Vancouver with a traffic light at the bottom. There was no way you were stopping at that light so I remember sitting at the top, trying to time my approach to not run a red. Trolley busses were sliding down the hill and accumulating at the bottom, it was willlld

That was the one just before Christmas, right? It shut everything down and was super-exciting. Mind you, I think I was 10 at the time and the concept of dangerous driving conditions never entered my mind. Now that I've guided my half of a little Honda Civic through a Winnipeg winter, I have a whole new appreciation for driving conditions.

I'm hoping that Delia is being called up merely to sit on the bench and enjoy the experience (and perhaps salary?) of an NHL game. Putting him on the ice when the Jennings hangs by such a narrow margin, it would be a shame for the team to miss out and Delia would be the fall guy. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to that movie in a couple of weeks. Squirrel!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Bro if any player was treated 'nastily' it's Capobianco who's just been our best Moose defenseman all year long and led the team in many ways.
Even assuming that's true, he'd need waivers to go back down.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That was the one just before Christmas, right? It shut everything down and was super-exciting. Mind you, I think I was 10 at the time and the concept of dangerous driving conditions never entered my mind. Now that I've guided my half of a little Honda Civic through a Winnipeg winter, I have a whole new appreciation for driving conditions.

I'm hoping that Delia is being called up merely to sit on the bench and enjoy the experience (and perhaps salary?) of an NHL game. Putting him on the ice when the Jennings hangs by such a narrow margin, it would be a shame for the team to miss out and Delia would be the fall guy. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to that movie in a couple of weeks. Squirrel!
LB will very likely start, Delia will sit and get paid a bit more as you said

Reactions: Inanna

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

This one was probably before your time haha

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog and Inanna

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland

lol, clearly they don't want helle going into the game if something happens to bro...

img_3427-gif.47363

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
Bro if any player was treated 'nastily' it's Capobianco who's just been our best Moose defenseman all year long and led the team in many ways.

Can’t argue with that. But Delia??

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lambert and Vilardi could be a good mix. Love Vilardi but he hasn't been very effective with Connor and Scheifele 5v5. Needs a good speedy zone entry player to get established so he can work his magic.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

You have half of a Honda Civic? Which half? Since the Civic is front wheel drive I'm guessing it's the front half.

m.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
You have half of a Honda Civic? Which half? Since the Civic is front wheel drive I'm guessing it's the front half.

m.
I own it jointly with my roommate. We joke about who owns which half depending upon interpretations ranging from vulgar to serious. Overall, I do most of the driving; when we're out together, such as heading to or from campus, she always opts for the passenger side just to save on the tedium of adjusting the driver's seat for her shorter legs.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It’s interesting to watch for sure but I still find it surprising. There will be a lot of second guessing around here if the Jets come out flat in game 1.
I got my opinion in there we should keep going. Totally respect that we didn't, just not what I would want to do.

Reactions: KingBogo

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
With the significant reshuffle of lines, decided to roll the dice again. This time came up with Jets 4-3 (OT), with Stacey Nattrass scoting first.

Nor sure which prediction to use now...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I hope Lowry doesn't care about his iron man streak...otherwise, someone is pissed now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad