GDT: Game 82 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, April 18th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Awesome GDT @macmaroon
Slightly Amusing Condescending Shit Poster" catagory. I have an outside chance at that one
8356216~2.jpg

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Morning media:

Kupari can't be more than 13 or so.

That reminds me. At the end of my astronomy lecture, I asked the prof what happened before the Big Bang.

She replied, “sorry, no time!”
You've really got to love Astronomy profs. I know I do.

In all seriousness...Penrose might be able to shed some light on your question - re: infinite cyclical universe recreation marked by repetitive big bang singularities.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's snowing out ! Are the Canucks going to able to make it to the game? Or is this a state of emergency?
Oh man I'm getting flashbacks of living in Vancouver during a snowstorm. I lived in Richmond, and theres this GIANT hill leading from the main road to downtown Vancouver with a traffic light at the bottom. There was no way you were stopping at that light so I remember sitting at the top, trying to time my approach to not run a red. Trolley busses were sliding down the hill and accumulating at the bottom, it was willlld

I guess Lambert's going with jersey number 93. He wore #13 for the Moose this season, but that's Vilardi's number.

Chibrikov with #90 and Ford with # 70 (taken from NHL.com Jets/Canucks preview page)
SL0g5bj.png

Holy shit this is so exciting!

How do you not call up Heinola...
yeah that's insane.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Does Vancouver have anything to play for? If not this is likely going to be a snoozefest as both teams aren't going to want any injuries.
I mean the Jets have 2 things to play for and the Canucks one. Both are playing for 2nd in the West (it's not nothing), and the Jets are playing for the Jennings.

I can't wait for the chaotic energy of having so many new players in the lineup, and so much youth. My interest has climbed at least 1000%

Go Jets Go!

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

As a salmon-mongering Tocchet takes delight
To watch his recalcitrant charges blunder - forsooth,
So I, take in the Caluck’s game - onerous blight,
And my comfort quaffing ale by my televized booth.
For whether JT Miller, Demko or other surly git,
Wish to play with the Jets - they but slatterns and bores,
While mired in a cold funk these overpaid idiots sit,
I craft my verse anticipating the upcoming score:
Helly may well bring a win - not lame, nor under false guise,
Whilst that the Nucks Pucks doth no substance give
That I in our 4th line abundance am sufficed
And by a part of all thy Jets’ glory live.
What is best? Step up now bucket’d greasy KFC,
Too so with a couple of pounded markers from mighty Vilardi.

A magnificent literary pastiche like this from @kanadalainen, only the latest that he has favoured us with all year, deserves an appropriate response, to wit:

1713460366277.png

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
A magnificent literary pastiche like this from @kanadalainen, only the latest that he has favoured us with all year, deserves an appropriate response, to wit:

View attachment 854516
2B or not 2B, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler on paper to suffer
The scribblings and globs of outrageous ink blots,
Or to take arms with blinded pink erasure of jottings
And by opposing end them. To snap a tip — to weep,
No more; and by weep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That the sundry pencil is due: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I mean the Jets have 2 things to play for and the Canucks one. Both are playing for 2nd in the West (it's not nothing), and the Jets are playing for the Jennings.

I can't wait for the chaotic energy of having so many new players in the lineup, and so much youth. My interest has climbed at least 1000%

Go Jets Go!

Well we aren't dressing a lineup that is geared towards winning at all costs. I'm happy for our Moose guys though. I'm at a concert tonight so won't get to see it.

Reactions: Buffdog and Jet

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Nice preview to see these guys up
I very interested how Ford. Chibby and Lambo perform at the NHL level
Not to stoke to see Delia rather see the Zamboni driver back up LB

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
Pretty nasty to not give Heinola one game this year when he should have made the team out of training camp. I’d be pretty pissed if I were him.

DELIA!?!?!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Well we aren't dressing a lineup that is geared towards winning at all costs. I'm happy for our Moose guys though. I'm at a concert tonight so won't get to see it.
I think it's appropriate. Considering the chances of actually playing Vancouver I like this approach, plus the game is going to be fun as hell to watch. I'm really interested to see how Chibrikov looks.

Pretty nasty to not give Heinola one game this year when he should have made the team out of training camp. I’d be pretty pissed if I were him.

DELIA!?!?!
Nasty?

Headscratching maybe but I don't see nasty

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I think it's appropriate. Considering the chances of actually playing Vancouver I like this approach, plus the game is going to be fun as hell to watch. I'm really interested to see how Chibrikov looks.

Nasty?

Whenever Ive seen Chibrikov play he has reminded me of Matty Perrault.

Reactions: RabidOne and Jet

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022

Nasty?

Nasty to Heinola! Head scratching about Delia

Reactions: Weezeric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad