Pre-Game Talk: Game 82 - The Last Dance????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
By 3 PM Saturday afternoon we may know our fate or we might not know until Sunday night. All the Bruins can do is take care of business against Ottawa and then watch. :popcorn:

The Bruins would advance to playoffs if any of the following scenarios play out, with a note that regulation/overtime wins (ROW) serves as the first tiebreaker for teams that finish with identical point totals:

Bruins win in any fashion, Red Wings lose or win in a shootout. In this scenario, the Bruins would finish third in the Atlantic Division and play the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round regardless of how the Flyers fare.

Bruins win in any fashion, Red Wings win in regulation or overtime, Flyers lose either one of their remaining games in any fashion. In this scenario, the Bruins would earn the second wild-card spot and play the Washington Capitals in the first round.

Bruins lose in overtime/shootout, Red Wings lose in regulation. In this scenario, the Bruins would finish third in the Atlantic Division and play the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round regardless of how the Flyers fare.

Bruins lose in overtime/shootout, Red Wings win or lose in overtime/shootout, Flyers earn two or fewer points from their final two games (one regulation loss or two overtime losses). In this scenario, the Bruins would earn the second wild-card spot and play the Washington Capitals in the first round.

Bruins lose in regulation, Flyers earn one or zero points from their final two games (two regulation losses or one regulation loss and one overtime loss). In this scenario, the Bruins would earn the second wild-card spot and play the Washington Capitals in the first round regardless of how the Red Wings fare.

http://nesn.com/2016/04/bruins-playoff-scenarios-how-can-boston-clinch-postseason-berth/

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just win, that's all we can do. If we win there's a better chance than not we'll make it. But we put ourselves out of control of our fate, so we just have to do what we can at this point.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Anything less than the effort and desperation shown last night will not be tolerated! Don't change the game plan a bit even though the Sens have nothing to play for.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Can the Bruins string together back to back games like last night? I'm not so sure. I can very well see a lakcluster effort for much of the game and the Bruins turing into on to force OT and lose, or something like that. Its what this team does to fans.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sens blueline is about as massacred as a blueline gets, and 2 of their top 6F's shut down for the year. No excuses.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The actual biggest game of the year, again.

Just win and let the Red Wings lose, and make it easy on all our minds, for now.

It would be nice destroying the team that went on an epic run and took the last spot away from the Bruins last year, if they win again, it could be the same team ousting the Bruins 2 years in a row.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm going on my annual ice fishing trip tonight... I'll be away from the internet/cable I believe. It's a 2 hour snowmobile ride, haha.

Hoping for a Bruins win and a nice, dirty 30 pound lake trout tomorrow!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If they take care of business, I like their chances of getting in.

I don't see the Flyers winning their next two, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rags beat DET.

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
people keep saying NYR have something to play for against detroit. i couldn't disagree more - wouldn't they rather finish in that first WC spot so they can get themselves into the atlantic bracket and avoid Pitt, Washington, etc? I'd much rather face a path of Florida then the winner of Det/Bos or TB in the second round than trying to go thru Pitt 1st round and then Washington in 2nd round. If i was the rangers I would be resting guys tomorrow. Look at the rangers board - they all want to lose against Detroit tomorrow. They are even worried about the Isles tanking the last two games so they can get the 1st WC themselves haha

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Spooner still didn't do much offensively even playing with Loui and Krejci but he was very good sprinting back and putting back pressure on Detroit players. Overall, I liked the lines and everything went very well from the early lead that kept increasing. Rask had a couple huge saves but overall, the Bruins didn't allow many good looks to Detroit 5 on 5.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
5ca38ab0-fd9e-11e5-98a3-73d226e1c0e2_Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-11-23-02-AM.png

The Bruins biggest worry is that the Rangers are better off LOSING tomorrow to insure they meet Florida in the first round and not Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh however would love nothing more than to knock out the Flyers so that may well be our best shot.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

The Bruins biggest worry is that the Rangers are better off LOSING tomorrow to insure they meet Florida in the first round and not Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh however would love nothing more than to knock out the Flyers so that may well be our best shot.

I think the Isles would also love that.

As for NYR vs Det, let's hope Yandle, who is a closet Bruins fan and will sign here next off-season :laugh:, will get everyone on board and lead the team to a win!

Johndunham7

Johnny Hockey
Dec 12, 2012
Philadelphia, PA

We also have a muuuch better chance at seeing a second round playing Tampa than Washington.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Having lunch with the family tomorrow, and I'll bet dollars to donuts my a-hole brother doesn't get NESN Plus.

Oh well, lunch with the old man and the family is more important.

Just win, Baby!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't think teams really play the matchup game, that's more for the fans.

They're either resting guys before the playoffs, or treating it like a normal game. From the starters listed, looks like the former.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
The rangers is just start of three teams that are going to rest players in the games we need. Sure there is a chance one of these team might win but none our hungry I said last night id much prefer these teams had Columbus or Carolina. That Simmonds goal is going to hurt bad come sunday night. Kate is right players don't play to lose but there is nothing better than getting a resting playoff team if you need a W.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't know why but I have a good feeling about the B's winning tomorrow.:crossfing

If last night's team shows up, they have a really good chance of grabbing 2 points in regulation..

I don't think teams really play the matchup game, that's more for the fans.

They're either resting guys before the playoffs, or treating it like a normal game. From the starters listed, looks like the former.

^^^
I tend to agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad