GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Let's f***ing go! I don't care about Philly. Just kick their f***ing teeth in and put them away.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Honestly, I have noticed that as well. He has been putting up some points but he does seem “out of it”. Now, maybe he is hurting a bit after being off so long and then coming back from a major surgery and playing 50+ games but I know what you are saying.
At this point in his career I think health is always going to be a question mark. Sadly he has become a bit too perimeter. He needs to want the center of the ice and want to shoot the puck. Still, we need his best tonight, regardless of what level that is.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Calling Patrick Kane, we need you tonight in a big way.

Maybe nothing, but a minor observation, last night after the OT goal, he was the last player to hit the pile after the winner. Could be overthinking it, but it about sums up how much i've felt like he hasn't been pushing himself as hard as we have seen earlier in the season.

I'm getting the feeling he's not going to be back next season, unless somehow we manage to win a round of playoffs if/when we make it.
You're overthinking it.

Our coaching staff used 5 forwards in OT, Larkin/Raymond and Kane/Debrincat with Compher taking the faceoff and Kane coming on for him after we got the puck. Kane was on the ice for over a minute in OT the shift before the goal, granted the goal was at the end of Larkin/Raymond shift but he was out there for a long time in OT, and is a relatively old.
Him being last in the pile could just be him being kinda gassed or briefly celebrating with a teammate on the bench.

Edit: End of awood40's video has the replay. He's just slow to leave after everyone
8mz2ob.gif

If he turned to Fish he could've had a nice big cele partner :laugh:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Unfortunately, Caps will probably just win and that's it. :ha:
Philly has an awful first period, going down 2-0. Then in the greatest micromanagement of all time, Torts emerges from the locker room in full equipment with jersey number 0 (because he tolerates zero mistakes). He goes on to score a hat trick and the Flyers win 3-2 in regulation.

Detroit coaches get wind of this wild turn of events and show video to the players on the bench as it's happening. Inspired, the Wings edge out Montreal for a third 5-4 victory in a row and clinch the final wild card.

And there was much rejoicing.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
None of our UFAs should be resigned. Kane comes the closest but even so, this doesn't seem like anything besides a one-night stand.

Seeing Holl, Copp, and Husso on the books for at least another year is annoying. I wish they were UFAs this season also.
Fischer needs to come back. He'll be cheap and plays an important role.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
ESPN is televising Maple Leafs vs. Panthers tonight.

What a joke.
I mean they're obviously hoping Matthews gets 70 tonight, whether or not that is more view worthy than what essentially amounts to an elimination game.... Well we here obviously have our opinions.

I better see an Octopus before first puck drop
At this point, I think we fans should coordinate, and when the team needs a timeout called, then we let the octopi fly. It's fool proof really

Reactions: jkutswings

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Not sure there is anything to read about Kane's future intentions in the way he is playing. Confidence, even arrogance, has always been a big part of his success. There have been plenty of times this season when he's given away the puck, been too loose with it, over-thinking things, unable to get away from pressure, asked to do more in his own end than he would like, to make him realize he's not the same guy anymore and thus become less willing to assert himself the way he used to. Physically he looks fine, but he's old and might be feeling it.

A new contract will be offered to him. He's done enough to warrant that. If he wants top six playing time and doesn't care that much about being a Cup contender for the next 2-3 years, Detroit is a good spot for him. If he's only interested in a legit Cup contender even if it means a lesser role, or if it's just about the money, he'll probably leave.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You're overthinking it.

Our coaching staff used 5 forwards in OT, Larkin/Raymond and Kane/Debrincat with Compher taking the faceoff and Kane coming on for him after we got the puck. Kane was on the ice for over a minute in OT the shift before the goal, granted the goal was at the end of Larkin/Raymond shift but he was out there for a long time in OT, and is a relatively old.
Him being last in the pile could just be him being kinda gassed or briefly celebrating with a teammate on the bench.

Edit: End of awood40's video has the replay. He's just slow to leave after everyone
8mz2ob.gif

If he turned to Fish he could've had a nice big cele partner :laugh:

Agreed. Regardless of what Kane's feelings or plans are regarding next season with the Wings, he's an ultra-competitive dude. I'm sure he badly wanted the Wings to win.

Not sure there is anything to read about Kane's future intentions in the way he is playing. Confidence, even arrogance, has always been a big part of his success. There have been plenty of times this season when he's given away the puck, been too loose with it, over-thinking things, unable to get away from pressure, asked to do more in his own end than he would like, to make him realize he's not the same guy anymore and thus become less willing to assert himself the way he used to. Physically he looks fine, but he's old and might be feeling it.

A new contract will be offered to him. He's done enough to warrant that. If he wants top six playing time and doesn't care that much about being a Cup contender for the next 2-3 years, Detroit is a good spot for him. If he's only interested in a legit Cup contender even if it means a lesser role, or if it's just about the money, he'll probably leave.
Definitely.

He always looks casual out there. Then when he or his teammate scores he gets excited.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
For some reason, I just feel like this is the type of game where we either get destroyed or we destroy Montreal.

I don’t know why, but it’s been ingrained in my head since last night OT game.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I really , really hope we dont lose out on the playoffs by the Fyers pulling their goalie late in a tie-game...

seeing Washington win like that would be absolutely gut-wrenching...

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Agreed. Regardless of what Kane's feelings or plans are regarding next season with the Wings, he's an ultra-competitive dude. I'm sure he badly wanted the Wings to win.

Definitely.

He always looks casual out there. Then when he or his teammate scores he gets excited.

It sounds a bit like the old Fedorov critcism. He skated so gracefully and free-flowing that it didn't seem like he was trying.
I know everyone loves the grinder, meat and potatoes guys who seem like they're giving it all while skating like they're going through molasses... but just because this guy is grimacing and pounding his feet going 10 mph and the other guy is going a breezy 20 doesn't mean the easier skater cares any less.

Kane's skill has always been to do little explosive things with the puck instead of rocketing past everyone.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
It sounds a bit like the old Fedorov critcism. He skated so gracefully and free-flowing that it didn't seem like he was trying.
I know everyone loves the grinder, meat and potatoes guys who seem like they're giving it all while skating like they're going through molasses... but just because this guy is grimacing and pounding his feet going 10 mph and the other guy is going a breezy 20 doesn't mean the easier skater cares any less.

Kane's skill has always been to do little explosive things with the puck instead of rocketing past everyone.

Honestly, I have noticed that as well. He has been putting up some points but he does seem “out of it”. Now, maybe he is hurting a bit after being off so long and then coming back from a major surgery and playing 50+ games but I know what you are saying.
I feel like he may be hurting some. He has made some lax plays defensively over the past 10 games but its honestly more the facial expressions for me. He has looked a bit checked out. With that said though, Kane is a super competitive player that has always thrived in the playoffs, so I'm thinking its likely pain vs. lack of care.

If there weren't a bunch of articles out about how he may or may not resign, I think people would chalk this up to likely him playing through pain. He looks a lot like Larkin did after he came back from the 1st injury.

This may be what took him out earlier in the season but because we are playing for our playoff lives he is playing through it even though he isn't 100%.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Best case scenario is if the Capitals and Penguins both blow 3 goal leads to lose in regulation and Detroit comes back from 5-0 down in the 3rd and wins by shootout.

• Haha
Reactions: Retire91

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Best case scenario is if the Capitals and Penguins both blow 3 goal leads to lose in regulation and Detroit comes back from 5-0 down in the 3rd and wins by shootout.
Best case scenario for all of our cardiologists lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad