GDT: Game 82: Ottawa at BRUINS 12:30 PM - NESNplus, SN1, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Just in case anyone needs any reminders, we gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th AND 5th pick at the deadline lmfao

everybody and their mother knew that this wasn't a good idea, even if they had made the playoffs. You are buying if you are contending, not to get the profit of 2-3 extra home games.

I am sad for Claude, because he will definitely be gone and he's not to blame. But changes will need to be made at some point, even though they know that Julien will succeed wherever he goes. Similar to the Francona-situation.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You guys want to make money ? Take Boston. Feeling it. Feeling Krejci. I'm rarely wrong and when I am it's either someone else's fault or I got a great excuse

Did just the opposite, taking home a bit over 2.5 times my money.

Numbs the pain of no playoffs :thumbd:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Regardless of what happens with this team the rest of this season, Sweeney needs to make some massive changes. The culture in that room right now just reeks of complacentness, and it's fairly obvious it needs a major shakeup.

Chara, gone. Thanks Z, glad you helped turn this franchise around and bring a Cup home, but it's time to go.
Krejci, gone. Again thanks for the memories, but paying a player who is so inconsistent what he's making is too much.
Seidenberg, gone. Obviously not the same player anymore, but frankly just looks cooked.
Eriksson, gone. Good player, but not willing to committ to a 5x6 or 6x6 contract for him.
Hayes, gone. Too bad, but he's not what this team needs at all, passenger.
Connolly, gone. Thanks again Chiarelli.
K Miller, gone. Seriously just leave.
Talbot, gone. See above.
Trotman, gone. Brings nothing, total passenger.
Gustavsson, gone. Adequate backup, but they need better.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I don't know how anyone can say this season is on CJ, he got more out of this team than he should have. This result and the lack of assets at the deadline is squarely on the front office.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Not trading Loui is going to look really foolish after this game, especially after what Stempniak/Liles cost.

It's true, we have a personnel problem, but we need a competent front office.

And not making moves at the deadline to improve the team would have been foolish too. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Regardless of what happens with this team the rest of this season, Sweeney needs to make some massive changes. The culture in that room right now just reeks of complacentness, and it's fairly obvious it needs a major shakeup.

Chara, gone. Thanks Z, glad you helped turn this franchise around and bring a Cup home, but it's time to go.
Krejci, gone. Again thanks for the memories, but paying a player who is so inconsistent what he's making is too much.
Seidenberg, gone. Obviously not the same player anymore, but frankly just looks cooked.
Eriksson, gone. Good player, but not willing to committ to a 5x6 or 6x6 contract for him.
Hayes, gone. Too bad, but he's not what this team needs at all, passenger.
Connolly, gone. Thanks again Chiarelli.
K Miller, gone. Seriously just leave.
Talbot, gone. See above.
Trotman, gone. Brings nothing, total passenger.
Gustavsson, gone. Adequate backup, but they need better.

I agree 100% with you, but its not gonna happen and we all know that :(:(

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't know how anyone can say this season is on CJ, he got more out of this team than he should have. This result and the lack of assets at the deadline is squarely on the front office.

The fact that its nearly an identical late season collapse is, in my view, the most damning thing on Julien's plate. He's the coach. Something like that is at least partially on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad