GDT: Game 82: Oilers @ Avs - 7:30 PM - SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
No current kings goalie will do what Korpisalo did to keep the Kings in the series like he did last year. Their 2 wins were all Korpse and we finally broke him down

If we lose to the Kings, no one to blame but the Oilers not showing.

Reactions: GrumpyKoala

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
They're due to beat the Oilers which is why the matchup makes me nervous. Toss up series in the past 2 years that went the Oilers way, can it be 3 in a row? Ehhh

No such thing as being “due”. Each series is mutually exclusive. How many times were the jets due in the 80s vs the Oilers. The flames? Or how many times Dallas beat us

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
No current kings goalie will do what Korpisalo did to keep the Kings in the series like he did last year. Their 2 wins were all Korpse and we finally broke him down

If we lose to the Kings, no one to blame but the Oilers not showing.
I don't remember last year's games well. Did the Oilers dominate the first few games but fell 1:2?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No such thing as being “due”. Each series is mutually exclusive. How many times were the jets due in the 80s vs the Oilers. The flames? Or how many times Dallas beat us
Those teams were clearly inferior in the 80s and the Oilers were clearly inferior to Dallas but sort of fluked out a series win.

I'm not picking the Kings to win the series but I just don't like the matchup even though the Oilers won the last 2 years. Going beyond the "due" argument the Kings just have a way of grinding the Oilers down and giving them fits. I feel like Vegas would have been a more wide open series that would cater to the Oilers strengths more.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Those teams were clearly inferior in the 80s and the Oilers were clearly inferior to Dallas but sort of fluked out a series win.

I'm not picking the Kings to win the series but I just don't like the matchup even though the Oilers won the last 2 years. Going beyond the "due" argument the Kings just have a way of grinding the Oilers down and giving them fits. I feel like Vegas would have been a more wide open series that would cater to the Oilers strengths more.
I would say it's the opposite. The Oilers ground down the Kings the past two playoffs and broke out at the end of each series.

Reactions: TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I would say it's the opposite. The Oilers ground down the Kings the past two playoffs and broke out at the end of each series.
I thought the Kings got better as the series wore on. I thought the Oilers were the better team the first 3 games despite the 2-1 series deficit and the Kings the better team the last 3.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don't remember last year's games well. Did the Oilers dominate the first few games but fell 1:2?
IMO, yeah the Oilers were better in the first 3 games and ended up 1-2. Especially the first game, Korspe did backflips and got Kings that first win to cast a little doubt.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I’m known for my jinxes.
restraint-no-restraint.gif

Reactions: Cloned and Oilhawks

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
IMO, yeah the Oilers were better in the first 3 games and ended up 1-2. Especially the first game, Korspe did backflips and got Kings that first win to cast a little doubt.
IiRC, the Kings tied it in the final minutes and then scored in overtime in game 1. And in game 3 they got some breaks with power plays.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Vegas. That has to hurt a bit. Instead of Oilers and Canucks to conference finals you probably get Dallas and Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad