GDT: Game 82 "fare thee well Love" Oilers v Nucks 8pm HINC 630ched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Meh, wanted 70 points at least and we got that. Would have liked a win but think the Oilers played well.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Can't believe Hall retaliated like that in overtime! Come on man!

Only watched the first and third, I'm good with the effort tonight.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
yak can score on shootout, shoulda been out there w/ 2 pts on the night.

Apparently he shouldn't be allowed because he only had 8 freaking goals this season. How many did Korpse have last season and how did he prove worthy of a chance in the shootout I wonder.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Apparently he shouldn't be allowed because he only had 8 freaking goals this season. How many did Korpse have last season and how did he prove worthy of a chance in the shootout I wonder.

:laugh::laugh:

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Then he should be hitting double digits easily. But he's not. Sorry, but that's just not good enough for a 1st overall pick.

Maroon scored 8 in 16 games since he was traded. He equaled Yak's output in a fraction of the time.

Funny how Maroon and Yak were both successful playing with McDavid

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Sorry for having expectations of a 1st overall pick. I'll try and temper them for next year.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Then he should be hitting double digits easily. But he's not. Sorry, but that's just not good enough for a 1st overall pick.

Maroon scored 8 in 16 games since he was traded. He equaled Yak's output in a fraction of the time.

Playing with McDavid. Put him with Letestu and Korp and see how he does.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

So is he being punished by not being allowed to be in the shootout? Sounds like a great coaching strategy.

Good for Maroon? What does that have to do with Yak being shafted so that other 4th liners can get SO chances?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Playing with McDavid. Put him with Letestu and Korp and see how he does.

Both of those guys scored more goals than Yakupov. So obviously they don't have too much trouble.

So is he being punished by not being allowed to be in the shootout? Sounds like a great coaching strategy.

Good for Maroon? What does that have to do with Yak being shafted so that other 4th liners can get SO chances?

Where is this "punished" nonsense coming from? Who cares who takes shots in the shootout? It's a meaningless shot in a meaningless game in another meaningless season.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
Not exactly sure why some think shootout picks should be determined by goal scoring in regulation. If that were the case someone like Hendricks would never get the opportunity to shoot even though he's fantastic in the shootout. Yakupov has one of the hardest shots on the team and has rarely gotten looks in the shootout since coming here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Both of those guys scored more goals than Yakupov. So obviously they don't have too much trouble.

Where is this "punished" nonsense coming from? Who cares who takes shots in the shootout? It's a meaningless shot in a meaningless game in another meaningless season.

If it's so meaningless why did you bother to watch? Why did they even play? Why did Yak play his butt off and get two points tonight?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If it's so meaningless why did you bother to watch? Why did they even play? Why did Yak play his butt off and get two points tonight?

I didn't watch most of the game, I watched the OT because those are entertaining. The shootout is just a crapshoot.

Great for Yak to play his butt off. Bring it next TC if he's still here.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Not exactly sure why some think shootout picks should be determined by goal scoring in regulation. If that were the case someone like Hendricks would never get the opportunity to shoot even though he's fantastic in the shootout. Yakupov has one of the hardest shots on the team and has rarely gotten looks in the shootout since coming here.

Yak didn't score. Had 2 assists and played a great game. Why was he snubbed again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad