GDT: Game 82: Edmonton Oilers @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. AZST | Scripps

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
@Llewzaher made the point that if he was there it would have soured the mood and taken attention away from the team…which I think is true, it may have taken a negative turn. Also he isn’t allowed to say anything publicly yet because of the sale, and he probably would have been getting haggled by press about stuff too. Having said that, I’m not convinced his reasons for not showing were purely altruistic haha

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Teppo was the first autograph I got from a Coyote, any player or "celebrity". He was so nice and talked with people. I kept that in my middle school notebook.
Brings back memories. I went to one of the first 'fan fests' they had after coming from Winnipeg. Waited in line for a polaroid picture with Tkachuk and then walked up to a young Shane Doan to ask for his autograph too. No line. Not one person knew who he was yet. He looked surprised but was happy to sign for me.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
@Llewzaher made the point that if he was there it would have soured the mood and taken attention away from the team…which I think is true, it may have taken a negative turn. Also he isn’t allowed to say anything publicly yet because of the sale, and he probably would have been getting haggled by press about stuff too. Having said that, I’m not convinced his reasons for not showing were purely altruistic haha
Not mention he would have gotten beaten up in the parking lot

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Some other great ones from that GDT

1713422469431.png

1713422504262.png

1713422525051.png

1713422570551.png

1713422594622.png

1713422608423.png

1713422635331.png

1713422670361.png

1713422699468.png

1713422749044.png

1713422785291.png

1713422903812.png

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I'm so sorry guys. My heart has been broken all day thinking about this. It's not fair to the kids who were just starting to fall in love with the game or the ones that would have over the coming years, nevermind the die hard supporters and what the team meant to the community.

Not gone for too long. Hockey belongs in the desert.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
I'm heartbroken for you guys.

I've come to know that Coyotes fans are really great fans and you guys get dumped on a lot. I went to a few Jets/Coyotes games at the GRA and, based off of the Canadian media, I fully expected indifference to the team. What I saw instead was a small but incredibly dedicated group of fans that loved their team, even though the on-ice product was really not very good.

I'm so sorry you guys are losing the Coyotes.

Losing the Jets was absolutely horrible. Getting the team back with solid ownership and a proper arena has really shed light (for me at least) on how incredibly dysfunctional the former situation was in a way that didn't seem obvious at the time. Maybe a break can help to allow everything to be fixed correctly, once and for all?

Hopefully AM isn't involved because that guy is looking more and more like a villain (and/or moron) every day.

Regardless, I just know that you guys will be back soon. I already I look forward to seeing the Jets play the Coyotes in the Valley again.

Long live the 'Yotes

:jets:coyotes

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
AT saying again 14 game L streak was directly related to initial SLC distractions. They go 7-7 during that stretch 91 pts wc4. They go 10-4 97 pts and tied for wc2.
I love AT as a coach, but I think that's BS! If the players weren't mature enough to handle those rumors, they shouldn't be professional hockey players. I don't like that excuse and that's what it was an excuse.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Last word from me tonight (I think). If that motherf***er couldn’t even be bothered to show his face in that arena tonight, how in the absolute hell can ANYONE trust him to be there for us in 5 years.
I have mixed emotions about this. I've watched almost every Coyotes game for the last 4-5 years. I couldn't bear to watch the last several games after all of the rumors started to circulate.
I only watched tonight's game to see the fans reaction. I think if I was in AM's shoes and I had put in the time and money only to have the team taken from me, I wouldn't want to be there when they played their last game under my ownership. Regardless of how this all breaks out and who's to blame in the end, I have to think AM really wanted to own this team and wanted the best.
These billionaires have egos and this has to be humiliating to him.

I see the real villain as Ryan Smith. In the beginning he wanted an expansion team and seemed to indicate he wasn't interested in relocating another franchise. As time went on he appeared to grow impatient and with the help of the players association and a lot of cash, weaseled his way into buying the Coyotes. They don't even have a legit NHL arena in SLC.
You take Smith out of the equation and we're not having this conversation.

That's not to underplay Meruelo's failures, but I feel if Smith had any integrity, he would have waited and certainly got his expansion team in 2- 3 years when the new building in SLC was finished.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yotes fans, here's hoping that if or when the nhl returns to Arizona the franchise is put in a position to thrive. Cheers guys, I am truly sympathetic to the loss of your team.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
I dont go out of my way to watch other teams games often, but I felt like I needed to watch that one last night, watched from puck drop till the post game sign off.

Knowing there was that absolute jackhole with the sign at my teams game (cbj) poking fun at the move makes me so sick, and watching last night, seeing the ice girls, the staff, the fans crying, Just intensified that feeling. Please know that that smooth brain does not speak for the cbj fan base, or rep us in any way.

Just watching after the final horn, all the noise from the crowd, but it felt like there was this hidden silence that was so heavy in the air, you could feel it through the tv.

Again, so sorry this is happening, and I hope that a real owner that will follow through with their vision will step up, and the loss is temporary.

Yotes Forever

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I dont go out of my way to watch other teams games often, but I felt like I needed to watch that one last night, watched from puck drop till the post game sign off.

Knowing there was that absolute jackhole with the sign at my teams game (cbj) poking fun at the move makes me so sick, and watching last night, seeing the ice girls, the staff, the fans crying, Just intensified that feeling. Please know that that smooth brain does not speak for the cbj fan base, or rep us in any way.

Just watching after the final horn, all the noise from the crowd, but it felt like there was this hidden silence that was so heavy in the air, you could feel it through the tv.

Again, so sorry this is happening, and I hope that a real owner that will follow through with their vision will step up, and the loss is temporary.

Yotes Forever

I'm not going to try to speak for the entire fan base, but I can at least say that I don't think that the jerk face represents you at all. In my experience over the years, it was actually just a vocal minority that trash talked us, and many people have shown an outpouring of sympathy for us now that it's actually happening. Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad