GDT: Game 82: Edmonton Oilers @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. AZST | Scripps

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I will say, years ago I used to make jokes at the expense of the yotes and the fanbase like an asshole. Then I grew up. I guess it had to do with just being empathetic and not an edgelord sack of shit.

I remember seeing how Cubs fans reacted when they finally won the wold series, and how some people celebrated at the graves at their relatives that died before it they won. Guess that just kinda woke me up to that.

I know at the end of the day this is just a game, but we all have found a connection to it and get addicted to it. We have memories with friends and family at these games, and I guess until it's threatened we don't realize how we take it for granted. Not even my team, but my heart does ache for you all that love this team.

I really really hope AZ gets a team ASAP. I also hope this part of the forum doesn't get locked and archived, and that you Yotes fans in here stick around even if it does.

If you want to continue on with some pain, I more than welcome you guys to the Devils fan base haha.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This team is so f***ing close to playoffs

Keller schmaltz Maccelli Guenther Cooley Durzi doan

When is the last time we had that much pure talent

Stick with the team in Utah and we’ll see what happens in AZ in five years

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I will say, years ago I used to make jokes at the expense of the yotes and the fanbase like an asshole. Then I grew up. I guess it had to do with just being empathetic and not an edgelord sack of shit.

I remember seeing how Cubs fans reacted when they finally won the wold series, and how some people celebrated at the graves at their relatives that died before it they won. Guess that just kinda woke me up to that.

I know at the end of the day this is just a game, but we all have found a connection to it and get addicted to it. We have memories with friends and family at these games, and I guess until it's threatened we don't realize how we take it for granted. Not even my team, but my heart does ache for you all that love this team.

I really really hope AZ gets a team ASAP. I also hope this part of the forum doesn't get locked and archived, and that you Yotes fans in here stick around even if it does.

If you want to continue on with some pain, I more than welcome you guys to the Devils fan base haha.
Empathy is underrated. Nice post.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IMG_4249.jpeg

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Yeah maybe I’m in the minority, but I think that would make me feel even more sad. I want to watch what has been being built, the guys I’ve rooted for, have success. Even if it’s not in my town. I think most of these guys are really great guys and good characters and they’ve built up a lot of talent…I hope they have a ton of success.
100%
When we lost the Jets, I followed them to PHX..

Winnipeg got their team back.. but that is not my team ( Now I have sinced moved from MB . I don’t think that would change if I lived there)

Now fans that have formed relationships with these players .. like most in Scottsdale are going to follow the players .. but when they get a new team they will form relationships with the new players, and they will be fine.. until then follow the team you have put your heart and soul into

I want these guys in AZ , but I will follow them wherever they go.. the worst possible thing they could ever do is dissolve the team .. as someone mentioned. I would likely just stick with the Bombers and NASCAR at that point.

It’s not the players fault or managements .. I would encourage my fellow Yotes fans to take all the time you need . And when you are done grieving.. stick with the players you are invested in . Think of them as your family that moved away.

When AZ gets a new team then you have a decision to make ;

Heck by the time they get a team a lot of these players that love AZ will be Free Agents :)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The fans were very classy at the game tonight and also very supportive of the players. Majority of the crowd stuck around for at least 20 minutes after the game while going through the team photographs and player salute. A good portion of them also remained through the "jerseys off our backs" giveaway which finished about a half hour after the game ended.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If I could give you our playoff spot and give you a little bit longer with your yotes I would. You guys have been a class act, and deserved far better than what you got. Not the same as your team, but I hope the NHL returns, everything goes perfectly and y'all kick some ass.

Much love and condolences from your desert brothers.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Hello, all...Habs fan here. Was just curious if you all are annoyed by the effort to win tonight with regards to draft position? I was aggravated by my team picking up a point in last night's game, and am grateful that the Yotes played hard tonight and will likely move back ahead in the standings.
Your team has outsucked us for the last 4 years including this one. I have liked our picks over your teams the last two years. So no.... we enjoyed winning our last game here.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Glad I was there. Sobbed. Stayed until they kicked me out with about the 30 or so remaining.

I love this team and I just don’t want this to be over. I was 10 when they arrived. Oleg Tverdovsky was my first favorite. Then 19. And I didn’t look back.

This feels like losing my first best friend. They’re moving away. And I’m powerless and heartbroken.

Goodbye for now. Hurry back, friend. I want my kid(s) to get their Oleg or Doaner. Soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad