GDT: Game 82: Edmonton Oilers @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. AZST | Scripps

starman

howling for Utah
I've been a Coyotes fan since about 98 or 99 and haven't missed a single game since feb of 2002, either by attending, watching on TV, or in a handful of games listening on the radio. It is a very sad day to see the demise of this special team, and I particularly feel for those of you that still live in Arizona. I moved back to Scotland 11 years ago, so the team moving isn't quite as big a deal for me as it will be for many of you, and my allegiances will be more easily transferred to the Utah Copperheads or whatever name they come up with, because I have an emotional investment in the development of these players and this management. I'm not sure how I feel about a revived Coyotes team playing in the desert with the old colors and logo, but I'll wait and see on that one. It's been quite the experience this past 25 years, and I have come to understand and love this magnificent game with a passion. Go Coyotes!

I've mostly lurked this past few years, and haven't made many comments, but have read this forum extensively, and have learned so much from so many of you. I wish you all well wherever your love of the game takes you next.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I've been a Coyotes fan since about 98 or 99 ...
You guys in the "haven't missed a game" crowd are incredible. I hopped on the bandwagon in 2013 when I moved to Arizona, had season tickets, moved away and have ebbed and flowed a lot the last decade. Even still, this team remains my fondest memory of the desert and this forum has been such a huge part of that.

I loved playing Playstation that first summer learning the characteristics of the players ... following the team to Western Canada ... making friends with the season ticket holders near my seat ... even that cranky old prick across the aisle from me who hated Yandle and Ribeiro so much (they're finesse players, stop complaining) ... watching OEL's old Swedish team in Leksand ... swapping merch with some of yall through the mail ... it's all been amazing.

I'm fresh out, so someone drink some Four Peaks beer for me tonight!

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

The Hartford Whalers' last home game is on youtube, and the PBP commentators say some wild stuff and make some off-color jokes.

I hope Tyson Nash is crushing beers as we type and gets on air and just lets fly with every hot take he's had to hold inside the last decade. Him getting fired during the 2nd intermission is on my Bingo Card.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
From home in Alberta wishing I was there. Second time through this but still a big lump in my throat.

1000004769.jpg

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Sabres fan here to say that I feel for y'all. I somewhat know what this feels like - we lost the PHF's Beauts when the league got bought out and turned into what's now the PWHL.

Have always had a soft spot for the 'Yotes - from Teppo Numminen to a young Daniel Briere - to the legend of Shane (and now Josh) Doan, and those awesome Kachina sweaters. What's gone down, and how it went down, just plain sucks - and there's nothing I can say to ease your pain.

I will say this, however: Alex Meruelo shouldn't be allowed to run a roadside lemonade stand - much less a professional sport team - ever again.

Hope Arizona's team shines once more for its fans. Let's. F***ing. Go. 'Yotes.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I moved here in 98. Been a fan since. Had season tix for 5 years in glendale. Have only missed a few games over that time. Last few years... fast forward some of them. Was hard to watch. Meet @rt at Gilbert polar ice.. Just got here. Make it a good one boys!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad