BRUINS GDT GAME 82 7:08 PM - WIN we play Tampa - LOSE we play Toronto (assuming Florida beats Toronto) - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Seeing that the NHL wants to start playoffs now on Saturday instead of originally planned Monday. Probably trying to squeeze in a TV weekend game, and also there’s potential for a game or two between teams that have a last game today

Reactions: BMC

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Fla and Tampa would love to only travel across the state. I'm sure Leafs would like to travel to Boston.
Please not Toronto. Beat the Sens.
Yes I’m with you. Toronto is going to get their power plays and score goals it’s guaranteed. Keeping them out of their net is anther issue. I’ll take my chances with Tampa

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Just listening to Elliot Friedman (love him or hate him) there's talk the Bruins purposely dropped last night's game in order to line up vs the leafs.
In order for that to work they would have to drop tonite's game as well.

Pure speculation, but that's what's out there unless someone has already posted this.

Reactions: bob77 and BMC

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So what are the scenarios, Bruins win or get a point they play Tampa, if Bruins lose and Florida wins Bruins play Toronto?

If the Bruins finish the night with more points than the Panthers, the Bruins play the Lightning in Round 1.

If the Bruins end the night tied or with fewer points than the Panthers, the Bruins will play the Maple Leafs.

Reactions: VanIsle

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Just listening to Elliot Friedman (love him or hate him) there's talk the Bruins purposely dropped last night's game in order to line up vs the leafs.

Pure speculation, but that's what's out there unless someone has already posted this.

With the Panthers game beginning 30 minutes after the Bruins game starts tonight, it's actually the Panthers who control the first round matchups. Even if the Bruins lose in Regulation tonight, all the Panthers would have to do is also lose in Regulation to ensure a series with the Maple Leafs.

If the Bruins don't care, or if they prefer the Lightning -- all they have to do is win tonight.

Reactions: bob77 and nORRis8

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In 2005, (2006 playoffs) the Pats purposely booted the last game against Miami for seeding if I recall.

They ended up getting spanked by the Broncos in the playoffs anyway.
Only because the ref blew the Champ Bailey touchback fumble and placed it at the 1. That was a 14-point swing at a crucial part of the game.

Anyway, objectively by any measure, the Leafs are a significantly more favorable matchup than the Lightning. But I still feel a sense of competitive pride in winning the division and being a top seed, so I want to win.

If this team is legit, they'd beat Tampa anyway (they have higher end talent but less depth). And if they can't hack it, I only have to invest one round of time in them rather than two or three and free up my May and June.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Beecher is the only waiver ready forward we have. So giving Megna a game as a reward (or to look at him as 14F) requires a paper transaction with Beecher. He’ll be in the lineup game 1.
Never knew that so thanks .That said he better get his shit together and start throwing that size around & same for Frederic :laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Only because the ref blew the Champ Bailey touchback fumble and placed it at the 1. That was a 14-point swing at a crucial part of the game.

Anyway, objectively by any measure, the Leafs are a significantly more favorable matchup than the Lightning. But I still feel a sense of competitive pride in winning the division and being a top seed, so I want to win.

If this team is legit, they'd beat Tampa anyway (they have higher end talent but less depth). And if they can't hack it, I only have to invest one round of time in them rather than two or three and free up my May and June.
Good points Here

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Beecher is the only waiver ready forward we have. So giving Megna a game as a reward (or to look at him as 14F) requires a paper transaction with Beecher. He’ll be in the lineup game 1.
. You know anything about Forbert, because this don't sound like done for season like I heard last month

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

Feel like Friedman wakes up, chugs a bunch of beers then starts talking and calls them 31 thoughts.

No team would do that. Especially when your coin flip is the Bolts or Leafs.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Someone here posted not long ago that it’s sad the season is ending. I feel the same way. Not saying Bruins will get swept or any of that. The regular season I always find gets us through the winter. Loads of hockey and things to chat about. Now we see it end sooner or later and as the nice weather is coming, I still miss the 3 or so Bruins games a week and everything, including activity on this board, that comes with it.

Bruins will win tonight and will be more than ready for game 1 no matter who they play!

LET’S GO BRUINS!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
If I had to choose who to play it would be Tampa. Last summer sucked after the choke job but losing to the Leafs would be comparable. Wouldn't be the birds I hear chirping.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad