Pre-Game Talk: GAME 82 - 7:08 or later PM - Au revoir Poutineville - Golf Habs Golf - NESN, ESPN+, TSN2, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, CKGM AM 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I believe he'll be back next year, depending on his father's health.

I recall someone in the know on here mentioning that.
I recall him doing an interview with 32 Thoughts earlier this season and when asked if this was the last season for him, he basically said that he’s going to take it year by year. The way he said it made me think he’s not done any time soon.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
French even I can understamd....My French is lousy.
Mon français est mauvais, aussi, mais j’ai compris.
I believe he'll be back next year, depending on his father's health.

I recall someone in the know on here mentioning that.
I did NOT know about that.

I take back what I said about next year. If that is an issue, no telling what will happen.

Reactions: Mione134 and hrdpuk

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins win 4-2 ....but most importantly leave Montreal with NO injuries

1681418233163.png

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Mon Francais est tres Mauvais. Je Parle un Petit peu.
I’ve been here over 10 years and made an effort to cultivate friendships with some of our francophone posters here in the Bruins group and among some other hockey fans. They’ve been more than kind to me and quite helpful. One of these days I’m going to have to just rip the bandaid off and go up north for a few weeks. Nothing like diving in.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I’ve been here over 10 years and made an effort to cultivate friendships with some of our francophone posters here in the Bruins group and among some other hockey fans. They’ve been more than kind to me and quite helpful. One of these days I’m going to have to just rip the bandaid off and go up north for a few weeks. Nothing like diving in.
MTL is a wonderful city, they just largely have terrible taste in hockey players :P

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Mon français est mauvais, aussi, mais j’ai compris.
I always thought - and still think but now I am less certain - that your handle was to keep alive the memory of 70s and 80s NHL ref Ron Fournier who was so unbiased that he built a 35 year post zebra career bleeding bleu blanc rouge on Mtl airwaves. Just another one of those block rockin beats, a la Denis Morel.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
MTL is a wonderful city, they just largely have terrible taste in hockey players :P
Lol!!!

That they do. I’ve been to Quebec City once, and it might be the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. Bonnaventure (home to my family for about 300 years) is also on the “to do” list. I’ve never been there and I’m dying to go. If I can wear a 2023 Bruins Stanley Cup t-shirt when I visit - all the sweeter.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I always thought - and still think but now I am less certain - that your handle was to keep alive the memory of 70s and 80s NHL ref Ron Fournier who was so unbiased that he built a 35 year post zebra career bleeding bleu blanc rouge on Mtl airwaves. Just another one of those block rockin beats, a la Denis Morel.
Oddly, I did not mind Fournier, if he was not doing a MTL game. Morel, otoh, was flat out incompetent.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I probably lean towards Florida because of their goaltending, although Lyon is playing pretty unreal. I worry that Sorokin can steal a series.
The Islanders are the team I rather not play because of their goaltender

I think they have a legit shot to take out Carolina if they play them

Reactions: NDiesel

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Haha! Nope.

“R” stands for “Rob.” As in Robert. My first name.

“Fournier” is my last name.

I’m a member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 103. That’s where the “103” comes from. (See our ad on the ice behind one of the goal lines at the Garden and on the Green Monster at Fenway).

Relatively unimaginative screen name, but transparent. Anonymity isn’t something I care about because I try to never post anything I wouldn’t say face-to-face to anyone here. Most of the time I use good judgment… I’m a Bruins fan and don’t care one bit who knows it.

As for Ron Fournier… I’ve never met the guy and I’m pretty sure we aren’t closely related - if at all. But I’ve been asked about my screen name dozens of times. Quite an ice-breaker, actually.

I’m a third generation Bruins fan going back to the founding of the team. I loathe the Canadiens, as did my father (born in Boston), and his father (born in Bonaventure, Quebec) hated the Habs more than both of us put together. And I hate them a lot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad