GDT: Game 82 • 4/11/2015 • Wild @ Blues • 2:00 PM • NBC • Are the playoffs here yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Our powerplay is gonna get us bounced from the playoffs.

Just absolutely inexcuseable.

And there's one goal.

Probably way too late.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I swear, if Chicago loses to Colorado tonight in regulation, we're gonna look pretty stupid for sitting half of our top 4 D.

Well the odds are higher of that now that they have literally nothing to play for. If we would have won, there would have at least been something at stake for them. Not so now.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well we just handed third place to Chicago.

Should not have rested both Suter and Spurgeon.

Should absolutely not have played Prosser. He's the Blues first star of the game right there. ****ing moron defender.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Hopefully the 6-on-3 failure is message enough to the coaching staff that the PP needs serious work (because, you know, the rest of the season doesn't seem to have been enough).

How do you not score with literally twice the number of skaters as the other team?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Our powerplay is gonna get us bounced from the playoffs.

Just absolutely inexcuseable.

And there's one goal.

Probably way too late.
It will...just like last year. You can't beat teams in the playoffs without a decent PP. Exhibition game or not....standing still for a 6 on 3 is pathetic....but typical.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Pominville continues to be absolutely brutal.. I feel bad for Parise and Granlund.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
So playoff starts Wednesday or Thursday. Practice better be focused on the Xcel Energy Powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So playoff starts Wednesday or Thursday. Practice better be focused on the Xcel Energy Powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay powerplay

At this point, there's almost no point in practicing the PP. How much have they practiced it this year to have it fail at the most needed times? Practicing won't do ****. They need a personnel change in the offseason.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I understand the idea that keeping guys healthy is the most important thing, but I really, really disagree with they way they approached this game. Sitting half the team, and the guys who are out there are afraid to throw a hit or even backcheck? Getting absolutely trounced by the team you're very likely going to have to turn around and face in the first round in a few days?

That's not the way you get your game going before the playoffs. Really disappointed they all seemed to be OK with just limping across the finish line like that.

Only two silver linings:

- Granlund looked the most confident he has in awhile.
- If we face Anaheim in the first round I'm totally flying down.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
At this point, there's almost no point in practicing the PP. How much have they practiced it this year to have it fail at the most needed times? Practicing won't do ****. They need a personnel change in the offseason.

Or just a new strategy. All they do is stand around. Do they even have any set plays on the PP? All I can think of is Parise jamming down low, back door feeds to Pomminville where he whiffs 95% of the time and my personal favorite, Suter with his deadly wrister into the defenders shin guards

charger66

Dec 9, 2006
mn
hits4pay.com
The PP is inexcusable. No attempt at a different strategy and very little personel tinkering. Bruno and yeo must be held accountable.......although the players have to take some blame no?

Its waaaay to slow and deliberate. They seem terrified to lose control...?? What dam good is control if your just playing catch with it.......pommers alone has negated uncountable amounts of chances fue to the fact that hes apparently blind this year.

Its just a joke......it WILL be our demise yiu can bank on that!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Or just a new strategy. All they do is stand around. Do they even have any set plays on the PP? All I can think of is Parise jamming down low, back door feeds to Pomminville where he whiffs 95% of the time and my personal favorite, Suter with his deadly wrister into the defenders shin guards

myysyw.png

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Its just a joke......it WILL be our demise yiu can bank on that!

I feel like this will be a very easy excuse. The majority of the game is played 5 on 5. A great PP can be an asset, but like Jaykay said, the Kings won the SC with a worse PP than ours.

If we get eliminated, I feel like the PP will be blamed, but I don't think that will be the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad