GDT: Game 82 • 4/11/2015 • Wild @ Blues • 2:00 PM • NBC • Are the playoffs here yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Wonder what lines we'll see. Do you keep Nino, Koivu, Stewart together or do you put Zucker in Nino's spot?

Parise - Granlund - Pominville

Zucker - Koivu - Stewart

Vanek - Coyle - Nino

Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine

I think I like this lineup, I think I like it a lot.

Those are the lines I'd roll with.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We did not outplay the Blues in St. Louis. We were dominated for much of the game despite the score.

Yes, we didn't out play them, but they were fresh, and we were on the 2nd of a back to back. At home when both were fresh, we dominated the game start to finish.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Gotta beat the best to be the best. Plus imagine the bitterness in . . Louis if we were to bounce them. That's a tantalizing opportunity.

Yes it would. The Blues are the biggest choke artists in the NHL along with Sharks who didn't make it this year.

All the Wild need to do is win 1 in the Blues building and take care of business at home. If the Wild get up on the Blues 2-1 or 3-2 the Blues could start to think, "Oh no! Here we go again!". :nod:

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Yes it would. The Blues are the biggest choke artists in the NHL along with Sharks who didn't make it this year.

All the Wild need to do is win 1 in the Blues building and take care of business at home. If the Wild get up on the Blues 2-1 or 3-2 the Blues could start to think, "Oh no! Here we go again!". :nod:

I'll be honest, I hope we play the Blues. We always outplay Anaheim and can never beat them.

I think St. Louis might look past Minnesota a little bit. I know their fans are, which is another reason I'd like to play them. I'll be honest, based on what I've read on here and some experiences a couple of my friends had at a game in St. Louis, I have almost no respect for most of that fanbase. Beating them would be even more satisfying than sending Colorado packing last year.

And contrary to what most everyone is saying, I think the Wild would give St. Louis a lot of problems.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That's not what I saw. I saw an even game or it tilting to the Wild. Plus the Wild scored when it counts!

At the end of the day, the score is all that matters. And yeah, we won, so it was all good. We outplayed the Hawks in the playoffs last year, but that doesn't mean anything.

I'll be honest, I hope we play the Blues. We always outplay Anaheim and can never beat them.

I think St. Louis might look past Minnesota a little bit. I know their fans are, which is another reason I'd like to play them. I'll be honest, based on what I've read on here and some experiences a couple of my friends had at a game in St. Louis, I have almost no respect for most of that fanbase. Beating them would be even more satisfying than sending Colorado packing last year.

And contrary to what most everyone is saying, I think the Wild would give St. Louis a lot of problems.

This would worry me a little. But I look at their +9 goal differential on the year and wonder how they can be so good. Their record in 1-goal games is insane, and I don't think you can say it's a fluke at this point. So I don't know, I'm mixed on Anaheim, but I just don't like our chances against St. Louis.

Oh well, the whole point is mute in a few hours. We may have to beat them both anyway.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010

Your wish came true. Bring on the note! A sour and bitter note! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad