GDT: Game 81: Red Wings vs habs 7:00 pm et 4/15/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Still up watching awood40s highlights...
I'm watching the highlights with my grilled cheese this morning and my unasked-for opinion after some time is:

Goal 1 against: Not really Lyon's fault. A backhand flick while he's trying to reset and his defenders aren't knocking Habs down in front. Kane did that a couple games ago and he's a hero that we credit with skill AND luck. I don't recall us opining that their goalie was poop.

Goal 2 against: same as last night while watching - a garbage knuckler that he needed luck to stop and didn't get any.

Goal 1 for: Best goal ever. Tic Tac Toe at stupid angleswith guys not being knocked down at the goal line. That = do more of that.

Goal 3 against: yuck. That one, to me, looks softish. I dunno. I think it was a 3 on 2.

Goal 4 against: Ed. Oh well. Again, woulda been nice for it to hit Lyon accidentally there, but as far as stopping it with skill and preparation, well, I guess if someone teleported an angry bear in my office right now y'all're probably reading the next Plausible Keats from some bear scat no matter how much "America! Eff yeah!" firepower I have in the house.

Goal 2 for: Best goal ever. Compher left alone. That - do more of that.

Goal 3 for: Best goal ever. I was wrong about octopi killing the momentum. That - do more of that.

Goal 4 for: Best goal ever. Ghost earned his pay for the year on that sequence alone. Great QBing, must've beaver-tailed his stick and shot it in 4x, plus the incredible catch. That - do more of that.

Goal 5 for: Best goal ever. I had no idea that there were only 30 seconds left in OT when RayRay scored. Holy bajoley. That - do more of that.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm watching the highlights with my grilled cheese this morning and my unasked-for opinion after some time is:

Goal 1 against: Not really Lyon's fault. A backhand flick while he's trying to reset and his defenders aren't knocking Habs down in front. Kane did that a couple games ago and he's a hero that we credit with skill AND luck. I don't recall us opining that their goalie was poop.

Goal 2 against: same as last night while watching - a garbage knuckler that he needed luck to stop and didn't get any.

Goal 1 for: Best goal ever. Tic Tac Toe at stupid angleswith guys not being knocked down at the goal line. That = do more of that.

Goal 3 against: yuck. That one, to me, looks softish. I dunno. I think it was a 3 on 2.

Goal 4 against: Ed. Oh well. Again, woulda been nice for it to hit Lyon accidentally there, but as far as stopping it with skill and preparation, well, I guess if someone teleported an angry bear in my office right now y'all're probably reading the next Plausible Keats from some bear scat no matter how much "America! Eff yeah!" firepower I have in the house.

Goal 2 for: Best goal ever. Compher left alone. That - do more of that.

Goal 3 for: Best goal ever. I was wrong about octopi killing the momentum. That - do more of that.

Goal 4 for: Best goal ever. Ghost earned his pay for the year on that sequence alone. Great QBing, must've beaver-tailed his stick and shot it in 4x, plus the incredible catch. That - do more of that.

Goal 5 for: Best goal ever. I had no idea that there were only 30 seconds left in OT when RayRay scored. Holy bajoley. That - do more of that.
Here's to hoping for more best goals ever tonight!

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I can't imagine a planet, here for on the Moon (which is superior to our primitive Earth), where Yzerman doesn't aggressively look for another goalie in the off-season.

We're stuck with Husso's contract for a season, but Lyon's deal is cheap enough to not think about. Free agent options are pretty bad again so another mid round pick trade? Neddy didn't stick. Husso either. 3rd time, that's the charm one right? Jacob Markstrom is a guy to keep an eye on, in my opinion.

Or does this accelerate Cossa during next season? He's looking like the better goalie in GR by a good margin now.
Cossa is 22 and I hope play couple of games, Lyon is very good backup and Husso, id rather spend somewhere else. We have solid first line, ok bottom 6 and incomplete second, Compher. On defense Seider and???
Yes, Yzerman should get another goalie, but something inexpensive

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I can't imagine a planet, here for on the Moon (which is superior to our primitive Earth), where Yzerman doesn't aggressively look for another goalie in the off-season.

We're stuck with Husso's contract for a season, but Lyon's deal is cheap enough to not think about. Free agent options are pretty bad again so another mid round pick trade? Neddy didn't stick. Husso either. 3rd time, that's the charm one right? Jacob Markstrom is a guy to keep an eye on, in my opinion.

Or does this accelerate Cossa during next season? He's looking like the better goalie in GR by a good margin now.

Didn't Husso re-aggravate his injury in the conditioning stint? It's hard to say since the nature of the injury is triple-super NHL top secret, but I'm starting to wonder if he'll be on LTIR for a significant chunk of next season.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Yes, I agree, I would think Yzerman pursues further goaltending solutions. I think Lyon could be a 1B or backup, and I'd have no problem with Markstrom as a 1A. Reimer you let walk, Cossa gets a starter's workload in GR with a cup of coffee or two in Detroit, and then Husso..... I have no idea, because what's this guy's health status? He's kinda the one mystery.

This is all to say that I still doubt Reimer is our playoff starter, should we make it there.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad