GDT: Game 81: Montreal @ NYR: 4/27, 7:30 pm: SNE, SNO, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do the habs player don't want to finish last in the standings? How much energy are they going to put tonight?

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I hate the Rangers, they always screw us over. I wouldn't be surprised if we win.
You’re correct! I remember the Wings laying down for them in 70! Rangers stole our playoff spot on goals scored! Wings didn’t want Habs in the post season. Broke a string of 25 straight years in playoffs!

Reactions: Habano

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do the habs player don't want to finish last in the standings? How much energy are they going to put tonight?

They have to win their two last games to get out of last... Rangers and Florida. I don't see that happening.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dick Irvin should still be calling games.
Irvin not only had the gift of gab but his sense of timing, of knowing how to be in the moment and of just saying the right thing added value to whatever he was calling.

His voice and tone just blended seamlessly with game action.

Compare that to some of today’s PxP types like the Castrato on TVA Spanre who goes nuts on every minor game sequence. Or the smug and somniferous Sean Campbell who can’t wait to land Dan Robertson’s radio PxP gig.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was a putrid season with only one game left, but it may have just left its marks in the oddest of places.

DcNgDFM.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They will do everything they can to win. Just as they should. No player or coach is going to try to tank.

A GM will make moves that make his roster worse in exchange for picks and prospects.

In short, rebuilding is fine... tanking isn't. And they won't try to tank tonight.

Reactions: Runner77 and Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
We can win and still finish last.

Every Habs fans should be hoping for 3 points tonight.

Will watch of course, as we are near the end, and I'll miss Habs hockey when it's over.

Go Habs Go.

Reactions: Runner77

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
type of game they will play their shit out because they need to lose it.
Yet they couldnt even force to play at the Lafleur tribute
Maybe it was different on TV, but we played our asses off against the Bruins. There was just a massive gap in talent. I sat right near the Habs bench and the effort was there, but when most of your team is AHL quality, the results don't show as much.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Maybe it was different on TV, but we played our asses off against the Bruins. There was just a massive gap in talent. I sat right near the Habs bench and the effort was there, but when most of your team is AHL quality, the results don't show as much.
I disagree for Boston , If it was not for Boston being heavily penalized the whole game for stupid things , we were never close

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I disagree for Boston , If it was not for Boston being heavily penalized the whole game for stupid things , we were never close
WHAT???

Did you not watch that game? We got boned repeatedly by the refs. The freaking penalty shot was one. Then there was Anderson getting two minutes for getting mugged by Marchand... terrible game and we definitely took the short end on that one.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
What did you expect from AHL level talent against a fully healthy Boston team?

And say what you will, but we had some of the worst calls I've seen called against us. Yes, Boston was stupid and kept taking penalties, but we were called for penalties that frankly didn't exist.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What did you expect from AHL level talent against a fully healthy Boston team?

And say what you will, but we had some of the worst calls I've seen called against us. Yes, Boston was stupid and kept taking penalties, but we were called for penalties that frankly didn't exist.
Petry threw a clean hit and was tackled for it... both guys go off. It was a ridiculously reffed game.

Reactions: Runner77 and Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
WHAT???

Did you not watch that game? We got boned repeatedly by the refs. The freaking penalty shot was one. Then there was Anderson getting two minutes for getting mugged by Marchand... terrible game and we definitely took the short end on that one.
This 100%

I was rather impressed with our performance, we kept fighting, and from where I sat was near the tunnel, and you could hear the guys pumping either one up to give it their all.

I wanted to watch the replays of the Penalty Shot, because it looked 100% legal from where I was. And for Anderson, that was such bull shit I don't remember screaming curse words so much at the refs.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Petry threw a clean hit and was tackled for it... both guys go off. It was a ridiculously reffed game.
Yeah - I was 6 rows up and so my view of the whole ice was distorted.

I'll tell you one thing, I'll never doubt Gally's commitment to this team. He kept going to the refs after each and every bad call, plus he was the one who told the team to pay their respects to Guy post game. He may have lost a step and isn't having a good year, but damn he is working his ass off and gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad