GDT: Game 81: Kraken @ Jets (5 PM PST) Please lose today. Do it for the D. I mean D-man you filthy animals.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
1713303403754.png

A loss today in regulation guarantees as a top-9 pick. So atleast we go that going for us. Getting close to the end of a dismal season but all is not lost.

Wright showed glimpses of hopefully he can be for us down the road. Firkus, Goyette, Nyman and Nelson all likely to be in Coachella next season. And hey, look, at top-10 pick. Hopefully a D ....... man!

Attachments

• 1713303022596.png
    1713303022596.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
View attachment 852969

A loss today in regulation guarantees as a top-9 pick. So atleast we go that going for us. Getting close to the end of a dismal season but all is not lost.

Wright showed glimpses of hopefully he can be for us down the road. Firkus, Goyette, Nyman and Nelson all likely to be in Coachella next season. And hey, look, at top-10 pick. Hopefully a D ....... man!
Sam Dickinson please

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Toffoli won 2 Cups...I remember 1 in 2014 with LA the other?

Kyle Connor one of the better American born sniper...great player

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Thank-you Eddie for the great words for Winnipeg...Toffoli said there no better experience than playing for a Canadian team and being Canadian or American...its probably because players are raised to God like status and treated that way with Fans and kids alike

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This game will be the last in a Kraken uni's for the likes of Bellemare,Yamamoto,Tatar, and maybe Tanev and Schultz

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
This is a Boeing town - we have to beat the Jets.

Fun fact

Winnipeg is too! (Boeings Canadian headquarters)

Seattles one of my favourite cities around. I live a few hours north from you guys and every time I’m down I’m always blown away by how friendly the people are there.

I saw the Kraken live agains the Jets - classy group of fans I met. Left a great impression on me. Anyways - my experiences mean you’ll always find me rooting for you guys (except when you play the Jets 😋)

• Love
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The thing that makes Eddie,Forslund and JT a great trio is that they are hockey fans and not biased plus they are funny and the banter is top notch

Evans shot like Johnnie says has eyes

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The Crost thats' original

I'm pulling for Winnipeg Jets to beat the living hell out of the cheaters from Vegas the Golden Turds

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
At least the Kraken came back from a 3-1 deficit...anyways sad the Seattle squad didn't make the playoffs but I expect they will back in it next year...To all you great Fans of the
Kraken Nation I say see at the Entry draft and good Luck to
GMFrancis and scouts and Organization in finding future players and other players for the team for 2024-25

9th pick secured.
Maybe they can get a higher pick that would be ideal

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
At least the Kraken came back from a 3-1 deficit...anyways sad the Seattle squad didn't make the playoffs but I expect they will back in it next year...To all you great Fans of the
Kraken Nation I say see at the Entry draft and good Luck to
We are going to need to find a lot of offense somehow if we're going to be competitive next year. We had only one player score over 20 goals, McCann currently at 29. Our fifth leading goal scorer overall is Beniers with 14. Gotta find some gunners somewhere or we will likely be on the outside looking in again next year.

With one game to go we have scored 76 fewer goals this year than last, almost an average of one a game fewer, going from 6th best in the league last year to 29th in the league this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We are going to need to find a lot of offense somehow if we're going to be competitive next year. We had only one player score over 20 goals, McCann currently at 29. Our fifth leading goal scorer overall is Beniers with 14. Gotta find some gunners somewhere or we will likely be on the outside looking in again next year.

With one game to go we have scored 76 fewer goals this year than last, almost an average of one a game fewer, going from 6th best in the league last year to 29th in the league this year.
That is pretty wild considering we had 11 skaters with 14 goals or better last season. We had 13 double digit scorers last season. Only 8 this season. 2 of those 11 scorers were Sprong and Donato, which is a loss of 35 goals.

Of the remaining 9 scorers, not one did better than what they did last season.

- Sprong: -21
- Donato: -14
- McCann: -11
- Beniers: -10
- Schwartz: -8
- Eberle: -3
- Bjorkstrand: 0
- Tolvanen: 0
- Dunn: -3
- Gourde: -5
- Tanev: -9

Outside of Bjorkstrand and Tolvanen every players dropped off. Yamamoto and PEB, who were (on paper) replacing Sprong and Donato added a combined 12 goals as opposed to the 35 the combination scored for us last season.

I expected the loss of Donato and Sprong to lower our goal scoring but not by that much. Defensively, we gave up 23 fewer goals this season (with 1 more game left). That was a net positive but I think it had to do more with the goaltending we got from Daccord than anything else. This season could have been much much uglier if not for that.

I am starting to think that we need a coaching change as well. Getting more skill on the roster would help as well.

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, only one more to go and this one was at least somewhat fun with the Kraken being able to score some goals.

Off to the final one in Minny on Thursday.

That is pretty wild considering we had 11 skaters with 14 goals or better last season. We had 13 double digit scorers last season. Only 8 this season. 2 of those 11 scorers were Sprong and Donato, which is a loss of 35 goals.

Of the remaining 9 scorers, not one did better than what they did last season.

- Sprong: -21
- Donato: -14
- McCann: -11
- Beniers: -10
- Schwartz: -8
- Eberle: -3
- Bjorkstrand: 0
- Tolvanen: 0
- Dunn: -3
- Gourde: -5
- Tanev: -9

Outside of Bjorkstrand and Tolvanen every players dropped off. Yamamoto and PEB, who were (on paper) replacing Sprong and Donato added a combined 12 goals as opposed to the 35 the combination scored for us last season.

I expected the loss of Donato and Sprong to lower our goal scoring but not by that much. Defensively, we gave up 23 fewer goals this season (with 1 more game left). That was a net positive but I think it had to do more with the goaltending we got from Daccord than anything else. This season could have been much much uglier if not for that.

I am starting to think that we need a coaching change as well. Getting more skill on the roster would help as well.

I think it shows you that a collection of role players can hit lightning in a bottle(last season) but certainly aren't guaranteed to.

Like I've said many times before, Francis needs to make up his mind of what exactly he wants to build here and make decisions according to it.
Keeping on going with that in betweend stuff doesn't look like a great idea, IMO.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, only one more to go and this one was at least somewhat fun with the Kraken being able to score some goals.

Off to the final one in Minny on Thursday.

I think it shows you that a collection of role players can hit lightning in a bottle(last season) but certainly aren't guaranteed to.

Like I've said many times before, Francis needs to make up his mind of what exactly he wants to build here and make decisions according to it.
Keeping on going with that in betweend stuff doesn't look like a great idea, IMO.
I am guessing here, but things may have been different if we had not made the playoffs last season. This season was just a net loss for us overall. Next season is very likely going to be the same if Francis sticks with the status quo. I would like to see him decide one way or the other as to how he wants to build the team, or else we will be stuck in mediocrity for a bit.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I am guessing here, but things may have been different if we had not made the playoffs last season. This season was just a net loss for us overall. Next season is very likely going to be the same if Francis sticks with the status quo. I would like to see him decide one way or the other as to how he wants to build the team, or else we will be stuck in mediocrity for a bit.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect too much and I'm going to share my ideas about the offseason in the roster thread after the season.

The one thing that might force his hand(and deny him to just do the same) is the fact that all those contracts are up next summer.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Do you stick it out one more season and see what can be done about all those contracts up at the end of next season, or do you make deals now to move some dollars for goals? I'm not sure which is worse. It feels like we're stuck in a spot that'll be hard to get out of in the current landscape.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Do you stick it out one more season and see what can be done about all those contracts up at the end of next season, or do you make deals now to move some dollars for goals? I'm not sure which is worse. It feels like we're stuck in a spot that'll be hard to get out of in the current landscape.
Since the UFA class this season stinks, it may come down to any trades Francis may be able to make. The odds are against us this upcoming season. The cap is supposed to go up by 3.5M, which means quite a few teams may have more flexibility with their rosters than be forced to make bad trades (thinking of Bjorkstrand). We don't have draft capital of our own, an extra 2nd round pick (Leafs) which is going to be in the 60's, is unlikely to land us anything great.

The one thing I can think of is moving the likes of Gourde for some draft capital and getting a good prospect back or getting picks, which Francis can then flip for a good prospect.

I don't see Francis doing any of that since it would be outside his comfort zone. If Francis continues to be as risk averse as he has been historically, I don't see us getting better.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Since the UFA class this season stinks, it may come down to any trades Francis may be able to make. The odds are against us this upcoming season. The cap is supposed to go up by 3.5M, which means quite a few teams may have more flexibility with their rosters than be forced to make bad trades (thinking of Bjorkstrand). We don't have draft capital of our own, an extra 2nd round pick (Leafs) which is going to be in the 60's, is unlikely to land us anything great.

The one thing I can think of is moving the likes of Gourde for some draft capital and getting a good prospect back or getting picks, which Francis can then flip for a good prospect.

I don't see Francis doing any of that since it would be outside his comfort zone. If Francis continues to be as risk averse as he has been historically, I don't see us getting better.

I can see us getting better from his draft picks, but I'm not sure the success comes until he's gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad