GDT: [Game #81] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken – 2:00 PM CT (ABC)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m here live
PXL_20240413_205422293.MP.jpg

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'd maybe consider putting Wedgewood in for the 3rd after that collision :/

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah, Vegas round 1 is not a scary match-up at all. If the Stars can't beat the Knights, they don't deserve shit and were never going to be good enough to win a Cup.
While I like this attitude from a fan's perspective, the uncomfortable truth is that a cakewalk easy 1st round series against an overmatched opponent is usually a hallmark of a successful Cup run. I have no doubt the Stars can beat Vegas, but does doing so diminish their chances later on when the tank hits empty?

Just using Vegas as an example, last year they breezed through a Winnipeg team that put up minimal resistance in every aspect.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Still failing to make the most basic play. Stankoven to Johnston who is five ft away and pass is off the mark. That stuff is going to burn us in the playoffs.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
While I like this attitude from a fan's perspective, the uncomfortable truth is that a cakewalk easy 1st round series against an overmatched opponent is usually a hallmark of a successful Cup run. I have no doubt the Stars can beat Vegas, but does doing so diminish their chances later on when the tank hits empty?

Just using Vegas as an example, last year they breezed through a Winnipeg team that put up minimal resistance in every aspect.
It's not like the other options are really any better. LA might be a little easier but they play trap hockey which works well in the playoffs and can easily turn into a "careful what you wish for" situation.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's not like the other options are really any better. LA might be a little easier but they play trap hockey which works well in the playoffs and can easily turn into a "careful what you wish for" situation.

Yeah it sucks that we are gonna play Vegas but at the same time the last thing I wanna do is beg for an "easier" team. Thats how upsets happen

Reactions: BrettHullsToe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad