GDT: Game 81: And On HNiC, Leafs will Clinch a Playoff Spot (vs. Pit, 7:00est, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So. I only do GDT's for very special occasions, or dire circumstances. pick your poison. My Last GDT was also on an April day, the 30th to be exact, and I was quietly confident that something very special was going to happen.

What, do you ask?
Well. This.

Here we are, with two games left to go, needing just 1 win the clinch a playoff spot, so I figure, this is a dire/special circumstance.

I firmly believe we are going to clinch tomorrow. you might say I'm...

Questions Of the Game
1: Will Malkin Play Tonight?
2: Will we see Matty drop da wrist?
3: Will Leivo draw in for some offensive help?
4: Will Crosby sit?
5: Will the Leafs clinch tonight? (yes. yes they will).
6: Will the leafs make it easy for themselves (well. no. but that's what makes it fun).
7: Which Leaf will be the hero and embrace the next step for this franchise?

For Those Needing a Stream:
CBC Full Screen: http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/916847171676

Other information will come throughout the day.

Let's remember guys.
There are fans. Then there are Maple Leaf Fans.
We deserve this.
It's time to unite a city. (again).
There's a playoff berth with our name on it.

Let's Go.

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Well done Daisy

Every time I hear that song now reminds me of that movie: Gardian of the Galaxy

We got this... It's fitting it's on a Saturday night front of National audience

Bring it on

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Hoping for this tomorrow (replace the bear with a penguin):

DKsrxzo.gif

:nod:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm as pessimistic as any Leaf fan (or at least as most) but this is a win. This is what Babcock was paid for, to get guys ready for big games and big efforts. He's done a great job all year but this one is for all the marbles.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm as pessimistic as any Leaf fan (or at least as most) but this is a win. This is what Babcock was paid for, to get guys ready for big games and big efforts. He's done a great job all year but this one is for all the marbles.

He did a pretty lousy job vs Tampa

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well in the worst case scenario....I'll be in the mood to go watch Guardians of the Galaxy. So that's something.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can Daisy become a Leaf forum mod already? She's awesome. Hope she starts all our GDTs.

We got this one.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Leafs should have clinched by now.

Last game, that was the game to do it. But they did not do it. In the 3rd period, they gave up. It's like they quit.

It's highly unlikely that professional athletes would tank two games in a row, on home ice too. Therefore, against the reigning champs who clinched home ice advantage in their last game and basically playing an exhibition game, the Leafs should smoke'em, smoke 'em good.

If they blow it again, well ... still a Sunday night game!

:help: :scared: :help:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Babcock should not make any lineup changes. That will only increase the pressure, the pressure to choke. A young team, Babcock has done a real good job. If it was Randy Carlyle or Ron Wilson, lets face it, the Leafs won't be here in this position.

Still, it is extremely important to make it in.

Which buttons to push?

That Saturday night in Buffalo, a big rivalry game, not to mention the playoff race, and the Leafs effort was ... meh. Last game against Tampa, big game ... and the effort was ... meh.

They should play better because the other team is playing an exhibition game.

:help: :scared: :help:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
If the Leafs win Saturday night against Pittsburgh, and they should, then next game Babcock should tinker with the lines.

Let Leivo have another game. Even though he only played around 13 games, he's almost scoring a point a game.

Try different line combinations. Who knows what you will find.

Give Rielly a game off. He is not playing at 100%, his lateral movement I think is like 60% of what he can do. He is an important player for the Leafs.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Tonight the boys will become men

or they won't and ill be disappointed etc

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I've got this feeling that tonight's gonna be a great night ladies and gentlemen!!! GO LEAFS GO

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I am feeling somewhat confident. But only somewhat.

Hope the big spotlight at home hnic n'all isn't too much and the team looks tight like last game. Pitts are no slouch like Wash.

Will need Andy to be stellar and some luck go our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad