GDT: Game 80: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens 4/2/19 - Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The what if game eh............if we had kept Julien Brisebois, we wouldn't have needed MB or MT......the list goes on and on...MB has given us a ton of material.
Provided radulov wanted to sign here.

News flash: he didn't

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At 18 years old Seth Jones played nearly 20 minutes a game and played in every situation including SH. Sergachev is barred from the PK.

Playing behind Weber, Ellis, Josi and Ekholm isn't the same as what TBL have either.
The PK isn't a measure of greatness, Benn and Kulak are staples on our PK.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I mean a) doing nothing isn't a bad thing. It means you're a net zero on the ice which is better than a lot of players.

But also, yeah he doesn't score. But the difference between a defenseman who can score five goals and one who can score zero is minimal. Like it could equate to a huge offensive skill gap or it could be luck, it could be the situations they're put in (a large percentage of defenseman goals come on the powerplay).

What Mete does so well though is just move the puck, almost never turning it over. He also does a stellar job ofescaping forechecks and making heads-up transition/breakout passes. Those aren't "nothing".
Don't forget he plays big minutes against top opposition. His gap control is some of the best I've ever seen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the Figs can boast about "Johnny Toronto", then so can we about our guy.

OK4PpXb.gif

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Tampon Bay come across as a dirtbag team.Lots of dirtbag personalities over there,

Reactions: Habano

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The PK isn't a measure of greatness, Benn and Kulak are staples on our PK.

And I bet Mete is never allowed on it...oh wait.

Sergachev is an offensively talented d-man. No doubt about it. Pretending his lack of a two-way game is because they're 'taking it slow' or whatever nonsense is just being ridiculous.

When Hedman was injured they didn't move him up the lineup, they kept him buried on 3rd line+PP.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Tampon Bay come across as a dirtbag team.Lots of dirtbag personalities over there,

I would love nothing more than for Paquette to get completely obliterated by someone.

Erne has a punchable face too.

Reactions: PhysicX

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
What a shame that even with a Columbus loss tonight and Montreal win, it's still not enough. Then the Jackets and Hurricanes have ridiculously easy final two games...not the case for Montreal. I really don't see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad