GDT: Game 80: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 5:30 - Cox 7

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The team sucked it up and crushed the capitals in their last home game, played hard when it didn't matter, won 3-0 against the best team in the NHL, happy for that effort. Expecting a 100% effort and a victory going into St Louis and Chicago, when the season is over, is asking a bit much, don't you think? Blaming the coach for the loss/effort is even more ridiculous at this point in the season. The only way we beat Nashville/San Jose is if those games do not matter to them. This is how it works at this time of the year:)

Yup, how true, but the peanut gallery only look at the negatives because of the hate for DT. Most will look at the standings and complain, but when a team rebuilds, the first two years you watch how the players progress rather than the standings. I'm very happy the way the team played this year and the progress the kids have made. DT did a great job with the kids but the kids have to be given most of the credit by listening to the coaching staff and then doing what was asked. The doesn't happen all the time. A rebuild is a slow and painful experience. Just ask Edmonton, Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado, Toronto, Columbus and the list goes on. I believe next year will be another rough one, but should have the same excitement with two or three rookies on the squad. Some can't see the forest for the tress, but I believe the light at the end of the tunnel is very bright.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yup, how true, but the peanut gallery only look at the negatives because of the hate for DT. Most will look at the standings and complain, but when a team rebuilds, the first two years you watch how the players progress rather than the standings. I'm very happy the way the team played this year and the progress the kids have made. DT did a great job with the kids but the kids have to be given most of the credit by listening to the coaching staff and then doing what was asked. The doesn't happen all the time. A rebuild is a slow and painful experience. Just ask Edmonton, Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado, Toronto, Columbus and the list goes on. I believe next year will be another rough one, but should have the same excitement with two or three rookies on the squad. Some can't see the forest for the tress, but I believe the light at the end of the tunnel is very bright.

So true, and with youth you have inexperience and a lack of maturity, makes it hard (for some) to evaluate the team/players/coach/GM, objectively.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yes. Domi and Duclair's immaturity and inconsistency are why we are hard on coachig/management...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This game went perfectly. No doubt not so much fun to watch, but it served to show the boys just how far off they are. Think about it, with some recent success any chance of overconfidence should more than be shattered. The boys have done well and are progressing nicely and they know that, but this game against the team that at this point in history, all teams should strive to be, serves as a benchmark that they now are no doubt certain they fall short of.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Think about it, with some recent success any chance of overconfidence should more than be shattered.

Yes, the staggering 3 more wins than Edmonton over the past 222 games no doubt leads them to believe we are unstoppable. I could see the passion and belief pouring from their pores this season.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yes, the staggering 3 more wins than Edmonton over the past 222 games no doubt leads them to believe we are unstoppable. I could see the passion and belief pouring from their pores this season.

If you could take a moment and step back from the extreme viewpoint and all it's absurdity for a moment, you may actually find it possible to comprehend words like "some" recent success and "any chance" of overconfidence. Players are by their nature optimists and it's actually easier to get overconfident than you may think. Not in any large way mind you, but the feeling that "we've got this covered" (in years to come) could start to set in, this will help negate that.

Great teams are not born overnight. Small steps are made along the way and I see this as an important (albeit small) step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad