Comrie
Hellebuyck

Scratches
Dano, Hutchinson, Strait

Injured
Chiarot, Enstrom, Matthias, Myers, Pavelec, Postma

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Stop trying to make Jenner at center happen. You certainly don't try that crap out in Games 78 and 79. Gagner has been the most consistent performer the last month - and from the center position no less!

WTF are we even doing with Harrington on the top pair? Keep Johnson/Savard together and give Jones Nuti or even Quincey as his partner before having to worry about Harrington on the other side. Then limit the 3rd pair to 10-12 minutes of ice time.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Jets starting a rookie goalie... perfect time to bust out of a slump.. just saying..

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stop trying to make Jenner at center happen. You certainly don't try that crap out in Games 78 and 79. Gagner has been the most consistent performer the last month - and from the center position no less!

WTF are we even doing with Harrington on the top pair? Keep Johnson/Savard together and give Jones Nuti or even Quincey as his partner before having to worry about Harrington on the other side. Then limit the 3rd pair to 10-12 minutes of ice time.

You mean stop playing Jenner in his natural position that he's played majority of his life?

I said it last game and I'll say it again, we need Murray back. And now it's even worse without Werenski.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You mean stop playing Jenner in his natural position that he's played majority of his life?

I mean play him where he's played 95% of his NHL career. Position changes, unless necessitated by injuries/trades, should be for the offseason and preseason, not in the middle of pushing for home ice in the playoffs.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I mean play him where he's played 95% of his NHL career. Position changes, unless necessitated by injuries/trades, should be for the offseason and preseason, not in the middle of pushing for home ice in the playoffs.
Id agree, if it's a new position. But it's not like he forgot how to play center. Boone on the 4th creates a grinding line that's gonna be in your face all game and is a threat to score with both Boone and Anderson. You don't get the same affect with gags centering that line.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I actually like Calvert-Jenner-Anderson.

What a heavy line, built to destroy teams physically in the playoffs.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Yeah, how dare Torts change up the lines significantly during this horrendous scoring drought that everyone is worried about and doesn't seem to be going away by sticking to status quo.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
533b52b531ef7f553fca887f4f9ad72f.jpg

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Moderately concerned about the Hartnell-Karlsson-Gagner line, just because 2/3 have been cold as can be. Other than that, the forward combos are intriguing. I think that fourth line could put some hurt on people!

That defense though. O_O

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'd love to see 71-17-13 turn into a points machine but hell, any scoring at this point would have me ecstatic.. :yo:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
those look like the 12 playoffs forwards, yes?

Unless Sedsy cat can make it back in time (and take Calvert or Karlsson's spot?). Or they decide they want more offense and call Milano back up? But yeah, for now, that's the lineup. Torts is just trying to figure out line combos.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
?... Keep Johnson/Savard together and give Jones Nuti or even Quincey as his partner before having to worry about Harrington on the other side. Then limit the 3rd pair to 10-12 minutes of ice time.

I'm Right there with you on your DMen strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad