GDT: Game 80: Columbus vs. Toronto | 4/8 7:30PM EDT

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
My opinion, this finish by the Blue Jackets should increase season ticket sales.... They can only improve next year with or without injury... They need a solid backup though, I'm not 100% sure Bob is an ironman goalie....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Shutout for Bob.... awesome...

10-0-1..... no regulation losses in 11 games... That's character for a team out of the playoffs long ago..

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Do we know how Billy's doing? He tweeted a pic of him getting treatment a while back, but I don't think we've heard anything since. Obviously it's a private thing, I respect that, I'm just hoping he's on the path to getting better. He's a good guy.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What a group of ****ing losers in Toronto. Holy **** what a lifeless heartless bunch of plugs featuring Phil Kessel and Morgan Rielly. What an embarrassment .

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Don't know if it's been said, but every line scored a goal tonight.

Jenner - Johansen - Atkinson on the Jenner goal.
Hartnell - Wennberg - Dano on the Hartnell goal.
Foligno - Dubinsky - Anisimov on the Anisimov goal.
Calvert - Letestu - Morin on the Morin goal.

Then there was the Murray power play goal.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
WTF!? Can't even get off the bench to celebrate a win without suffering some sort injury.
Doesn't even surprise me at this point.

For those wondering, Johansen's skate blade appeared to come up and cut Cam's forearm as they were getting off the bench.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
WTF!? Can't even get off the bench to celebrate a win without suffering some sort injury.
Doesn't even surprise me at this point.

For those wondering, Johansen's skate blade appeared to come up and cut Cam's forearm as they were getting off the bench.

I've often wondered why that didn't happen, especially during quick line changes.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Those guys don't know the meaning of a lot of words, but they know they meaning of the word quit.

I haven't been embarrassed of many teams other than the CBJ but that was a preseason game for the Jackets. I wish Toronto would have to forfeit their first.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Cam injured in the post-game celebration? Of course he was.

He was.... being the end of the season he can take time off, what I saw on TV I have to assume it was a deep gash..

I hope it doesn't impact a Buffalo beat down on Friday though..

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Those guys don't know the meaning of a lot of words, but they know they meaning of the word quit.

Yep.

I just can't get myself to comment on Toronto's play. It will take a few years of playoff runs before I forget our years playing like that. I have too many memories of being down multiple goals and watching Nash do his butt move entering the zone while icing a crap storm of mediocrity and AHLers. Good luck to Toronto, they need it.

I love this Jackets team and I feel really good about our future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad