GDT: Game 80 | Bruins @ Caps | 4/8 8PM | RIVALRY NIGHT | NBCSN, TVA, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
gdt-20150107_01.jpg
gdt-20150107_02.jpg

gdt-20150107_03.jpg
gdt-20150107_04.jpg

gdt-20150107_05.jpg
gdt-20150107_06.jpg

gdt-20150107_07.jpg
gdt-20150107_08.jpg

gdt-20150107_09.jpg
gdt-20150107_10.jpg

gdt-20150107_11.jpg
gdt-20150107_12.jpg

standings.jpg

Last edited:

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
A regulation loss will make things very, very interesting... and not in a good way. I really hate the idea of our playoff chances coming down to a game against TB in Tampa, so let's try and wrap this one up in regulation if we can. I'm so sick of all this stress.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is going to be a tough game as the Caps want to secure home ice for Round 1.

The B's need to get at least one point tonight.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I don't mind the Caps....but I hate the **** out of them when we play them cos we can't seem to beat them. Kryptonite. Stay out of the box so Ovi doesn't one time us out of the playoffs. Come on Bs, we need a big game from everyone, we're well rested and there's no excuses. Come on!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A regulation loss will make things very, very interesting... and not in a good way. I really hate the idea of our playoff chances coming down to a game against TB in Tampa, so let's try and wrap this one up in regulation if we can. I'm so sick of all this stress.

regulation win makes it less interesting;)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Winning this game would be huge

First, they just need to pretty much win their last three because it is possible for us to do ok but still fall out of the playoffs

Second, the Bruins haven't been able to beat Holtby since 2012 IIRC...and even then we didn't ultimately beat him. The caps and Habs are the only two teams that still are a monkey on the Bruins collective backs. Beating them tonight would be a huge win

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm strugglingnto be optimistic regarding this game. If the Bruins could score on Holtby I might be more positive but this team has struggled with scoring in general this season and they have yet to solve Holtby who owns them. But there's always the first time and maybe tonight ushers in a new era-the one where the Bruins can beat Holtby and the Caps.

I really hate the fact that the most winnable team of the three games is the one on the back half of a back to back with the opponent resting the day before.

Maybe the new lines will bring some scoring magic.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
I'm strugglingnto be optimistic regarding this game. If the Bruins could score on Holtby I might be more positive but this team has struggled with scoring in general this season and they have yet to solve Holtby who owns them. But there's always the first time and maybe tonight ushers in a new era-the one where the Bruins can beat Holtby and the Caps.

I really hate the fact that the most winnable team of the three games is the one on the back half of a back to back with the opponent resting the day before.

Maybe the new lines will bring some scoring magic.

Not sure about everyone else but I find 3/4 lines absolutely dreadful.

Poor Pastrnak will never have anyone with him. Krejci's slow style of play totally neutralizes his effectiveness and the slower the center the slower the Lucic.

So we give our best center in the past 20 games, Chris Kelly as a linemate???? Good god, what did Ryan Spooner do to deserve that?

Smith and Campbell on the same line? Enough said.

I like our top line. That's it. Against a speedy Caps team I don't see the sense in making all of our lines slower. Claude baffles me at times.

Personally I'd like the following. But thats just me. You know you have a badass lineup with Krejci is your 4th line center. But again, you can roll these lines fairly evenly which we do anyways.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Krejci-Smith

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Probably the last team I would want to be playing right now but that's the way she goes.

At least they go into it knowing full well what's at stake. And if there's players still not willing to crash the net and make Holtby's life as difficult as possible they can play somewhere else next year.

It's winning or golfing at this point. Take care of business.

Southern Gentleman B

May 1, 2011
Brevard, NC
Gotta give the Sens credit, they are forcing the B's to win their way in. As much as I would have liked to have some breathing room it does not appear the B's are going to get any so the only solution is to follow the Sens lead and win ourselves.

Go B's, the playoffs are there for the taking. No excuse not to be at your best these last three games.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Game of the season again, we just can't afford to lose tonight.
Stay out of the box!, Pens play buffalo last so we really need these points!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
We're obviously not getting any help, so the B's just have to take care of business on their own.

Start tonight with ROW and then worry about everything else later.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Not sure about everyone else but I find 3/4 lines absolutely dreadful.

Poor Pastrnak will never have anyone with him. Krejci's slow style of play totally neutralizes his effectiveness and the slower the center the slower the Lucic.

So we give our best center in the past 20 games, Chris Kelly as a linemate???? Good god, what did Ryan Spooner do to deserve that?

Smith and Campbell on the same line? Enough said.

the sense in making all of our lines slower. Claude baffles me at times.

Personally I'd like the following. But thats just me. You know you have a badass lineup with Krejci is your 4th line center. But again, you can roll these lines fairly evenly which we do anyways.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Krejci-Smith

You must have enjoyed Soderberg's 3 goals in 34 game stint with Kelly on the wing and Kelly's 3 goals in 34 games with Soderberg at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad