BRUINS GDT GAME 80: 8:15 PM - BRUINS face a desperate Penguins team - ABC, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1712941347100.png

1712941369138.png

Penguins take on the Bruins following overtime win​

The Associated Press
9h ago

Boston Bruins (46-18-15, first in the Atlantic Division) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (37-30-12, fourth in the Metropolitan Division)
Pittsburgh; Saturday, 8 p.m. EDT
BOTTOM LINE: The Boston Bruins visit the Pittsburgh Penguins after the Penguins took down the Detroit Red Wings 6-5 in overtime.

Pittsburgh has a 22-13-4 record at home and a 37-30-12 record overall. The Penguins have a +six scoring differential, with 241 total goals scored and 235 given up.
Boston is 22-8-9 on the road and 46-18-15 overall. The Bruins have a 19-5-6 record in games they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponents.
The matchup Saturday is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Bruins won 5-1 in the last meeting.
TOP PERFORMERS: Sidney Crosby has 41 goals and 48 assists for the Penguins. Bryan Rust has six goals and seven assists over the last 10 games.
David Pastrnak has 47 goals and 60 assists for the Bruins. Danton Heinen has scored three goals and added five assists over the last 10 games.
LAST 10 GAMES: Penguins: 7-0-3, averaging 4.2 goals, 6.2 assists, 3.4 penalties and 7.1 penalty minutes while giving up 2.9 goals per game.
Bruins: 6-4-0, averaging 2.8 goals, 4.5 assists, 3.7 penalties and 8.5 penalty minutes while giving up 2.2 goals per game.
INJURIES: Penguins: John Ludvig: day to day (illness), Ryan Graves: out (concussion), Noel Acciari: out (lower body), Lars Eller: day to day (illness), Matt Nieto: out (knee).
Bruins: Justin Brazeau: out (upper-body), Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
shockingly big game actually, if you WANT the division (which is honestly unclear to me).

Win puts us up 3, we own all the tie breaks. Florida would have to win both without us getting a single point in our last 2. Florida does have a gimme in the last game where Toronto will 100% sit their stars.

I don't know what I want here if I'm honest, beyond no injuries and some PP success. If you force me to pick, I pick a Toronto series over a Tampa series 100% of the time...

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
shockingly big game actually, if you WANT the division (which is honestly unclear to me).

Win puts us up 3, we own all the tie breaks. Florida would have to win both without us getting a single point in our last 2. Florida does have a gimme in the last game where Toronto will 100% sit their stars.

I don't know what I want here if I'm honest, beyond no injuries and some PP success. If you force me to pick, I pick a Toronto series over a Tampa series 100% of the time...
No injuries.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB

The Bruins do not own any of the tie breaks except for head to head.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Saw interview with Maroon and him saying he was getting time on powerplay at practice.Can't lie its a bit surprising but why not nothing else is working :dunno:
At this point, I’m ready to try Linus on the PP point, at least he practices shooting from the blue line every pregame skate:sarcasm:

Beecher? scratch or sent down until end of season?
:scared:Oh wait, there he is on the third line:wg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad