BRUINS GDT GAME 80 6:10 PM - HAPPY EASTER - Can history be made in South Philadelphia??? - TNT, SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1681034607315.png

1681035006640.png

1681034641326.png

1681034720674.png
Officials
1681035289256.png
1681035256046.png
Referees Furman South (13), Corey Syvret (23)
Linesmen Tommy Hughes (65), Brandon Gawryletz (64)
Ntl. Anthem Lauren Hart

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Flyers tonight in the 3rd and final game between these teams this season and Boston’s lone visit to Wells Fargo Center. - They are 62-12-5 overall this season and they are 29-8-2 on the road ... The Bruins are 37-7-3 vs Eastern Conference opponents. - They have tied the highest win total in NHL history with 62 victories equalling the 1995-96 DET and 2018-19 TB teams ... Boston’s win total at the 64-game mark were the fastest 50 wins in NHL history and they set the team’s alltime wins mark at 59 and points mark at 123. - The Bruins are playing their 14th and final set of back-to-back games this weekend … They are 12-0-2 in the 1st game of those sets and are 10-3-0 in the 2nd games so far. - The Bruins will close out their regular season in Philadelphia on 4/9, vs. Washington on 4/11 and in Montreal on 4/13.​
MILESTONES APPROACHING - Tomas Nosek is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Taylor Hall is 7 points shy of his 700th NHL point.​
INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2022-23: 142) - David Krejci: Undisclosed - Derek Forbort: Lower body (LTIR) - Nick Foligno: Lower body (LTIR)​
BOSTON vs PHILADELPHIA, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Flyers are meeting for the 215th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 117-63-21-13 record and 712-614 scoring advantage in those games. - They are 52-39-10-5 in 106 lifetime games in Philadelphia with each team having a 327-327 scoring line in those contests​
1681034857949.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I don't mind a 6:00 game, should be a nice, relaxing evening. I am loving this stress free hockey, different story soon so I'll enjoy this one with no injuries please. I am glad I'm not a fan of the 3 teams trying to grab the two wild cards, it's like musical chairs on skates with elbows and head shots.

Win, stay healthy, have fun kids, be strong Sway. Let's dine on some cheesecake.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Flyers are on a 6-game losing streak and look for all the world to be staggering towards the end of the season and just waiting for it to end. Although against that I watched them play a wildly physical and entertaining game against the Sens only a little over a week ago so perhaps the heart has not completed gone out of them quite yet. Do they get up for this one simply because it's the Bruins, or roll over? No idea.

For Boston I can see the attraction of wanting to leave a few guys out for this one - second part of a back-to-back with travel - but at the same time securing the wins record ASAP could be desirable. My guess is they just go for it here and then re-assess their options after that. I think given where they're at they'll want the wins record, but the points one will be less of a carrot - they won't turn it down, but they won't push right to the end purely to secure it either.

I reckon we'll see history made in South Philly.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
The Flyers are on a 6-game losing streak and look for all the world to be staggering towards the end of the season and just waiting for it to end. Although against that I watched them play a wildly physical and entertaining game against the Sens only a little over a week ago so perhaps the heart has not completed gone out of them quite yet. Do they get up for this one simply because it's the Bruins, or roll over? No idea.

For Boston I can see the attraction of wanting to leave a few guys out for this one - second part of a back-to-back with travel - but at the same time securing the wins record ASAP could be desirable. My guess is they just go for it here and then re-assess their options after that. I think given where they're at they'll want the wins record, but the points one will be less of a carrot - they won't turn it down, but they won't push right to the end purely to secure it either.

I reckon we'll see history made in South Philly.
From the looks of the Leafs-Habs game last night. It appears Boston could start all backups and kids and still have a decent chance to take two out of that final game.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope they play the call ups today.

If they called people up and flew them to Philly, they are gonna play them

question is who doesn't play. I assume Krejci stays out. Hall probably stays home, no need for back to back. McAvoy likely stays home to nurse his wounds. Maybe Gryz, because Gryz and Ahcan can't be in the same place in the universe at the same time.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They only have three call ups left, so unless they can finagle more “emergency” call ups, it would appear they will be keeping anyone they call up up for the week. And one of those is probably Bussi since they’ll probably start him in Montreal. I really hope one of the others is Lettieri.

Reactions: hrdpuk

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Play the backups tonight and see what happens ....if they get win #63 then great we all celebrate Tuesday night

if they don't beat Philly.....play most of the regular line- up on Tuesday night, go get the record at home and we all celebrate Tuesday night

either way -two kicks at the record before the Montreal game which I want to become totally meaningless

and then next week the fun really begins

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So real rough goon themed teams coming up. Wilson was running over everything last night. Philly sucks and have a bunch of tomato cans. Montreal was rough last game. Keep your heads up

Any ideas when the playoffs will start? Guessing Saturday and Sunday?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So real rough goon themed teams coming up. Wilson was running over everything last night. Philly sucks and have a bunch of tomato cans. Montreal was rough last game. Keep your heads up

Rumor is game one for B's is Monday

Reactions: bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They only have three call ups left, so unless they can finagle more “emergency” call ups, it would appear they will be keeping anyone they call up up for the week. And one of those is probably Bussi since they’ll probably start him in Montreal. I really hope one of the others is Lettieri.
Welp. Must be a giant emergency lol.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

First possible game for all playoffs is Monday April 17th, which is Patriots Day aka Marathon Monday in Boston. Red Sox have their traditional 11:00am game and the Marathon fills up the city for the weekend and Monday. Could be either the Bruins or Celtics have playoff that night at the Gahden :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad