GDT: Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In fairness, neither does Allen.

Allen is 2nd in the team behind Beleskey in hits and 3rd for blocked shots. He's also the only one getting into people's faces with little cheap shots after and away from the play. Allen actually IS providing what he was brought here to do. the problem is he's not doing much else of a positive nature.

Corey Perry*

I'll sleep well tonight after seeing the faces of the Sharks fans after we beat those ****s.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Allen is 2nd in the team behind Beleskey in hits and 3rd for blocked shots. He's also the only one getting into people's faces with little cheap shots after and away from the play. Allen actually IS providing what he was brought here to do. the problem is he's not doing much else of a positive nature.

ya. now he needs to find a way to do it sneakily lol

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.

Normally I'd roll my eyes, but I'm totally with you here. Etem looks great. He's come so close to scoring so many times and I'm actually pretty proud of how good he's become at distributing the puck.

maplehawk

HFB Partner
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.

He's looked better in his 1st few NHL games than he ever did in the AHL in my opinion.

Some player's individual skills stand out at the AHL level while others require better players around them and more structured play to excel - Etem appears to be in the latter category.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Jeez, some of you guys need to pop a Xanax or two. After the first period, Fasth is the worst goalie in the league and we should trade for a goalie... Nope, never mind, he's great. Then it's Allen who's horrible, trade him. No wait, let's trade Perry, he had a bad game. Vatanen is the gretest prospect, oh wait, he made a bad pass, he has no business in the NHL, send him back.

I'm not singling anyone out, it just seems that in every GDT we're overreacting to every single event that happens on the ice and looking for someone to blame, when in fact we're actually playing pretty damn well.

Oct 18, 2011
Normally I'd roll my eyes, but I'm totally with you here. Etem looks great. He's come so close to scoring so many times and I'm actually pretty proud of how good he's become at distributing the puck.

He's looked better in his 1st few NHL games than he ever did in the AHL in my opinion.

Some player's individual skills stand out at the AHL level while others require better players around them and more structured play to excel - Etem appears to be in the latter category.
sometimes higher end talents they see the game differently than the average lower level player, and it doesn't work, then they get surrounded with more talented players who also see the game similarly and it clicks. like you know how some guys in the offensive zone will try to pass directly to someone, whereas a Getzlaf/Thornton will pass to an open area where someone should be.

teams figured out the RPG line last year, the speed element and forechecking presence Etem can have could work with them, anyways the speed is making things happen out there and that's all you can ask of a 20/21 year old kid

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jeez, some of you guys need to pop a Xanax or two. After the first period, Fasth is the worst goalie in the league and we should trade for a goalie... Nope, never mind, he's great. Then it's Allen who's horrible, trade him. No wait, let's trade Perry, he had a bad game. Vatanen is the gretest prospect, oh wait, he made a bad pass, he has no business in the NHL, send him back.

I'm not singling anyone out, it just seems that in every GDT we're overreacting to every single event that happens on the ice and looking for someone to blame, when in fact we're actually playing pretty damn well.
:handclap: so true :D

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Great win.

Didn't think the first goal was on Fasth, would of been nice to of held it, but it took a pretty ridiculous close quarters deflection, just a shame it fell to the feet of Couture. Fasth was great tonight, rebound control is iffy at times, but apart from that he's looked really good.

Souray was great again, I'm still so impressed by his defensive work. Had one iffy moment with that 5v3 breakaway for Marleau, but with what Stars fans etc said about his defensive game, I'm pretty happy with it.

Etem looked solid on the top line as well, wonder if he'll see a bit more time there in the future.

All in all, 6-1-1, inflict first regulation loss for the Sharks. This is good :nod:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Oh yeah I loved Souray's interview.

French: "Good game tonight Sheldon"
Souray: "You're welcome"

:laugh:

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
What I like most about Souray (besides his shot) is his presence and composure in the defensive zone. These small things are transferred to the rest of the guys, and might make that small difference which results in a win rather than a loss.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

You know, you're going to have your Ducks fan card revoked if you keep trying to be logical. ;)

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009

You better not visit the Montreal or Leafs Boards :laugh:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I had a bad feeling about this game but good to see Anaheim winning this one.

Boudreau should stop his linemixing, if it isn't broken don't fix it. Go with:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selänne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz/Rakell/Holland

Souray-Beauchemin
Sbisa-Vatanen/Fowler
Allen/Vatanen-Lydman

Send DSP down already! And play the hot goalie. BTW, could it be possible for Selänne to take faceoffs but Ryan would play the center role?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Great win! Fasth seems to be the real deal. Vatanen showed glimpses but overall not ready and made a terrible mistake once. Luckily didn't result in a goal though. That 5 vs. 3 was horribad, can't remember the last time I've seen such a pisspoor performance.

Loving Viaplay! :)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
This was the first game where Getzlaf got torched on faceoffs, but everyone was pretty bad. Bonino's numbers were good overal, but he was terrible on defensive zone draws. Thornton and Handzus just ate everyone up.

Feb 9, 2010
Arrowhead Pond
I thought Etem looked good besides that one brutal giveaway in the defensive zone late. Love his speed and ability to drive to the net, had a good scoring chance from that.

Honestly really impressed with Staubitz. Not saying he's anything more than he is but when he was on the ice he hit well I thought and definitely let the Sharks know he was playing.

Fasth looked good but like everyone else is kinda saying I want to see his rebound control get better. Still he looks confident and calm out there. You can work on technique/maybe he'll get better as he adjusts to his dmen and the NA ice but you can't always make a mentally weak goalie into a strong one.

Still not entirely sure what to think of this team yet but I'll take the spot in the standings regardless.

Small note: I know all home broadcasters are guilty of this but Hayward and Ahlers really need to pull it in a bit. One of the more judgmental games I have heard them call and it was embarrassing to hear them call for dives or embellishment or bad penalties what seemed like every few minutes. Burish looked like a dive but everything else was just bad form on them imo. Just a side thought.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought Etem looked good besides that one brutal giveaway in the defensive zone late. Love his speed and ability to drive to the net, had a good scoring chance from that.

Honestly really impressed with Staubitz. Not saying he's anything more than he is but when he was on the ice he hit well I thought and definitely let the Sharks know he was playing.

Fasth looked good but like everyone else is kinda saying I want to see his rebound control get better. Still he looks confident and calm out there. You can work on technique/maybe he'll get better as he adjusts to his dmen and the NA ice but you can't always make a mentally weak goalie into a strong one.

Still not entirely sure what to think of this team yet but I'll take the spot in the standings regardless.

Small note: I know all home broadcasters are guilty of this but Hayward and Ahlers really need to pull it in a bit. One of the more judgmental games I have heard them call and it was embarrassing to hear them call for dives or embellishment or bad penalties what seemed like every few minutes. Burish looked like a dive but everything else was just bad form on them imo. Just a side thought.
I didnt realize how fast etem was until i saw him in person. I heard he was fast but you cant really see the speed on tv(maybe i need a hd tv o_O)

I usually mute the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad