PGT: Game 8: Finland 5 - Kazakhstan 0

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
mtv is a joke of a media, completely embarrassing....

Joko helpottaisi? Nuorilla Leijonilla maalikarkelot menossa – altavastaajalla hirmuvaikeuksia
Nuorille Leijonille suvereeni voitto heittopussista – superlupaukselle ja ykkösketjulle kaivatut onnistumiset

5-0 crappy win over the worst team in the tournament and mtv reacts like we were amazing and destroyed them....

Jep, it was a totally even came, Kazakhstan came really, really close winning it. I say let's forfeit this tournament before we lose 12-0 to Slovakia and 42-0 to the USA.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
The crowd in Victoria gave the Kasakhstan goalie a huge standing ovation. He earned it and seemed touched by it. I was very disappointed with Utanen the last 2 games I watched him play in. Late to the play, loses battles against the boards and seemed to sit back and watch the play happen around him.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
56 shots on goal for Team Finland. In terms of possession and chances, they were dominant against Team Kazakhstan. The Kazakh goaltender was incredible, though -- a force who stopped chance after chance after chance from everywhere on the ice. He was astounding to witness today with his quick reflexes and positioning in goal. The talk of this game should be the goaltending performance -- Hasek-like.

In terms of Team Finland's weaknesses, one of their most glaring issues is their slow and sloppy decision-making in the defensive zone. In particular, the defensemen really like to keep the puck behind Team Finland's own goal line, hemming themselves in their zone for no reason when they had opportunities to move the puck up the ice. Team Finland's defencemen were horrific to watch, putting themselves in trouble time after time. They had better start moving the puck up more effectively, or this will become a major issue in the games against Slovakia and the U.S.

Kaapo Kakko was a dominant force. 8 shots on goal, a behemoth with the puck on his stick, and so shifty, intelligent, as well as relentless with the puck. He created lots of chances, set up his teammates on numerous occasions, and made some great, creative plays, including the play resulting in his goal. Kakko played approximately 15 minutes tonight, per IIHF's game sheet. The Tolvanen line played 18 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Agar

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
As a Habs fan, I have to say Im super impressed by Ylonen, didnt think he was that good...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad