GDT: [Game #8] Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW+)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #08 – 10/29/2021 – 7:30 PM CT – BS-SW+
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Ottawa Senators
3-3-1, 7 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 2-4-0, 4 pts

STATS

gkkrNWU.jpg
o9MrfLI.jpg

:stars
vsV97aH.png
:sens

Stars
j7g3fOA.png
QP8XUIe.png
7yB2zXn.png

r2eq1bL.png
8Ye99rm.png
LnF7Q27.png

fB5lrh6.png
Xy5H8jn.png
1lgZhLo.png

bNfLSg7.png
yX5z5uK.png
JHFYi8B.png

DpkaJIF.png
1PAgWWq.png

KQciTzi.png
FNS31xJ.png

PjJRLsO.png
XgXIryF.png

bwNY1us.png

Ottawa Senators
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Paul - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Shaw - Sabourin

Chabot - Zub
Holden - Zaitsev
Mete - Brown

Gustavsson

iug5VMR.png

Last edited:

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Miro looks like he is in fast forward in that clip. He has made watching this team bearable.

Keep the effort from last game going and we should win. Go Stars!

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I’m so tired of hearing about how awesome Dallas played last game and how it was one of the ‘most complete’ games in forever. It wasn’t complete. We turtled and lost, and as a fan that loss felt completely inevitable.

I give up on hoping for a sys/coaching/gm change at this point.

Here’s to hoping Dallas can win a game against a lesser team in their own building.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I’m so tired of hearing about how awesome Dallas played last game and how it was one of the ‘most complete’ games in forever. It wasn’t complete. We turtled and lost, and as a fan that loss felt completely inevitable.

I give up on hoping for a sys/coaching/gm change at this point.

Here’s to hoping Dallas can win a game against a lesser team in their own building.

They did play much better last game though. They lost and it pissed me off too. Doesn’t mean that wasn’t their best effort of the year. It’s not like anyone is heaping a ton of praise on them. They didn’t finish on their chances, they turtled and they lost, sucks ass.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
They did play much better last game though. They lost and it pissed me off too. Doesn’t mean that wasn’t their best effort of the year. It’s not like anyone is heaping a ton of praise on them. They didn’t finish on their chances, they turtled and they lost, sucks ass.

The forecheck looked like it actually had some backbone, but it's hard to give them credit for looking great when they were feasting on a Vegas team without Patches, Stone, and Tuch while on the tailend of a back to back with their backup goaltender. If they beat Ottawa, whatever. To me the real test is Tuesday against Winnipeg.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
The forecheck looked like it actually had some backbone, but it's hard to give them credit for looking great when they were feasting on a Vegas team without Patches, Stone, and Tuch while on the tailend of a back to back with their backup goaltender. If they beat Ottawa, whatever. To me the real test is Tuesday against Winnipeg.
Agreed. Like I said, not heaping praise on them. Saying that was their best effort so far this year isn’t that high of praise. They’ve set that bar quite low so far.

I do think they’ll have more success if they continue playing with that work ethic but Bones needs to make some changes to his system to get the best out of this team (which I don’t expect). Start with not going FULL turtle with a one goal lead. A mild turtling is ok, never go full-turtle…

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wait were 31st in Gf?
What lowly team are we outscoring?
Edit. Ah yes the Arizona "devoid of nhl talent" Coyotes
And if the Stars score nine goals tonight, they'll bring their goals per game average up to 16th best.

/I really half assed the math, so I could be way off.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
And if the Stars score nine goals tonight, they'll bring their goals per game average up to 16th best.

/I really half assed the math, so I could be way off.
Not too far off, they would be tied at 19th with Seattle 2.75 goals per game then

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well, I get to watch a game live for the first time in a long time. Lets see if they crap their pants playing tonight.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
But guys the Stars have three wins surely scoring the second least goals per game isn’t inductive of any underlying problems that will manifest themselves on the scoresheet over the course of a season

Reactions: Elysian and M88K

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
But guys the Stars have three wins surely scoring the second least goals per game isn’t inductive of any underlying problems that will manifest themselves on the scoresheet over the course of a season
Manifest is a fancy word, like analytics.
So must mean we're going to be great.
-Nill probably

Reactions: Elysian

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

I don't know what you could possibly be talking about, it's not like the lack of 5v5 goal scoring in the first several games of last season were an indicator for anything. Everything turned out great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad