GDT: Game 8 | Arizona @ Columbus | Return of the Laine | 7 PM EST

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
This quote in reaction to someone stating the amount of shots that each team took when two players were on the ice is astonishing to me😂😂
I guess tracking saves is now illegal as well, since they don't actually affect the game? Goals against is now the only allowed stat for goalies.

Reactions: LJ7

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It was 5v5 SF and SA.

All strengths as individuals:

Laine 19 shots for, 3 shots against.
Gaudreau 18 shots for, 1 shot against.

Laine scoring chances for 20, scoring chances against 2
Gaudreau scoring chances for 19, scoring chances against 2
Thanks for the numbers.

That’s just a lot of “bad luck”, I guess.

Did the ARI Coyotes have any impact on what occurred in that game?? Serious question.

Are all scoring chances equal?? Another serious question.

How many of the Laine “scoring chances” didn’t make it onto the net?? Who is responsible for that??

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This quote in reaction to someone stating the amount of shots that each team took when two players were on the ice is astonishing to me😂😂
The fact is that we are hyping up the amount of shots and scoring chances our $9-10 million dollar players got in a game where they had ZERO goals and were down 3-5 goals for the vast majority of the game.

At the time, I was also responding to a post that said they had no shots on goal against them, when they were on the ice together for a goal against.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks for the numbers.

That’s just a lot of “bad luck”, I guess.

Did the ARI Coyotes have any impact on what occurred in that game?? Serious question.

Are all scoring chances equal?? Another serious question.

How many of the Laine “scoring chances” didn’t make it onto the net?? Who is responsible for that??

That's called variance. One day Laine scored 5 goals on 5 shots against the upcoming Stanley Cup winner.

That wasn't sustainable either.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
It was 5v5 SF and SA.

All strengths as individuals:

Laine 19 shots for, 3 shots against.
Gaudreau 18 shots for, 1 shot against.

Laine scoring chances for 20, scoring chances against 2
Gaudreau scoring chances for 19, scoring chances against 2
Yeah, you very rarely see this kind of stats out of any players. Too bad they could not capitalize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad