GDT: Game 8: Anaheim Ducks Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00pm | Happy Nevada Day

Did hangman almost forget?

• Total voters

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I know I am a big critic, but I really just don’t think Lehner is a good goalie. If he doesn’t control the initial save he does not recover well. His lateral movement is terrible for today’s standards and he’s been flopping around quite a bit again. He’s been bailed out a couple times tonight. He positions himself well and sees through traffic pretty good too I’ll give him that. I hope he makes me eat crow.
What's wrong with being critical?? Lehner is awful, despite doing OK tonight in the shootout. Lousy rebound control, completely out of position after initial saves, crappy glove hand. His main redeeming feature is his size he can block a lot of initial shots.

Reactions: Puckstop40

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lehner is the type of goalie who needs great defense to survive. It is why he did so well when he played for the Islanders being that they played great defense.

This Knights team though so far has been making some really bad defensive mistakes. Every game their has been some pretty bad turnovers and what not.

This goes back to last season as well. Fleury was able to mask these mistakes though. Lehner is not going to be able to do it as efficiently as Fleury did.

A win is a win, but the team shouldn't be happy about it. Giving up a 4-1 lead with 9 minutes to go is awful any way you look at it.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Lehner is the type of goalie who needs great defense to survive. It is why he did so well when he played for the Islanders being that they played great defense.

This Knights team though so far has been making some really bad defensive mistakes. Every game their has been some pretty bad turnovers and what not.

This goes back to last season as well. Fleury was able to mask these mistakes though. Lehner is not going to be able to do it as efficiently as Fleury did.

A win is a win, but the team shouldn't be happy about it. Giving up a 4-1 lead with 9 minutes to go is awful any way you look at it.

I’m amazed at the number of people giving the same criticism of Fleury. They say he needs great defenders to survive and is failing in Chicago because he isn’t in Vegas anymore. They really overrate the defense he always had when he was here.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad