BRUINS GDT Game 8 7:14 PM - Bruins invade 'Centre of the Hockey Universe' - NESN, CBC, NHLN, SN4K, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-10-19_16-14-44.png

upload_2019-10-19_16-24-47.png

head-block.jpg

Tonight's Officials

DM36.jpg
BP16.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36), Brian Pochmara (16)

TK63.jpg
JT61.jpg

Linesmen Trent Knorr (63), James Tobias (61)

Ntl. Anthem Martina Ortiz-Luis
B1ZlGUwIEAEjqo-

upload_2019-10-19_16-30-58.png

upload_2019-10-19_16-31-28.png

upload_2019-10-19_16-31-54.png

upload_2019-10-19_16-32-24.png

:bruins:leafs

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Maple Leafs tonight in the 1st of 4 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 this season at Scotiabank Arena … The Bruins are 5-1-1 thus far this season & are 3-1-0 on the road … They are 0-0-1 vs. Atlantic Division opponents & are 1-0-1 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins are playing the road end tonight of a home-and-home series with TOR as they will host the Leafs on 10/22 … They will host STL on 10/26 before traveling to New York to face the NYR on 10/27.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Tuukka Rask’s next game will be the 500th of his NHL career … He will become the 72nd goaltender all-time to hit that milestone & the tenth active netminder to do so. - Bruce Cassidy is 2 games shy of coaching his 200th game behind the Boston bench. - Patrice Bergeron is 3 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - David Pastrnak is 3 points shy of his 300th NHL point. - Torey Krug is 6 points shy of his 300th NHL point. - David Krejci is 6 goals short of his 200th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is 7 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jaroslav Halak is 8 games short of his 500th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 12) - David Krejci: Upper body (not on trip) - Joakim Nordstrom: Upper body (not on trip) - John Moore: Shoulder (LTIR) - Note – Kevin Miller & Anton Blidh are listed as injured non-roster players

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 675th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 299-265-98-12 record and the Leafs holding a 2,002-1,993 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 133-166-51-7 lifetime in road games vs. the Maple Leafs with Toronto having a 1,108-888 scoring advantage in those 337 contests. - The Bruins went 3-1-0 vs. the Maple Leafs in last season’s series, including a 1-1-0 mark in Toronto … They are 4-2-0 vs. Toronto following an 0-5-1 stretch & they are 21-10-4 in their last 35 games overall vs. the Maple Leafs … They are 5-5-2 in their last 12 trips into Toronto.

Fun Fact: The Bruins’ next win vs. TOR will be their 300th of this lifetime series which will be the 1st time they will reach that win milestone vs. an opponent.

giphy.gif

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I know I’ll be bringing some hatred.

Nothing Like an olde fashioned Original Six matchup on Saturday night.

I’ll be behaving accordingly.

I nominate this for post of the day.

If you like it, THERE IS MORE FROM WHERE THAT CAME FROM.

My main “base” are Canes, but as a Czech native I am contractually obliged to adore Pasta and DK.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
David pastrnak is on pace to score 71 goals. Come on pastr.
Off the top of my mind ...don't think there's been a Czech born player to score that many

Reactions: bbfan419

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
“Centre of the Hockey Universe” my foot.

One would think that to claim that title, they would need a championship or two more recently than 1967.

In 1967 when the Maple Leafs last won the Stanley Cup:

Lyndon Johnson was President of the United States.

Paul VI was pope.

Elizabeth II was still Queen of the United Kingdom, but was ‘only’ fifteen years into her reign.

The first American Lunar landing was still two years away.

The Vietnam War was still eight years away from ‘officially’ ending in 1975.

The Soviet Union still existed.

All four Beatles were alive and well and making hit records.

Bobby Orr was a rookie.

There were people alive who actually remembered the Chicago Cubs World Series win of 1908 and the Boston Red Sox World Series Championship of 1918.

Yup. It’s been a while.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We are so fortunate to have the best goaltending tandem in the NHL, the best two way centre, arguably the best first line, one of the most lethal PPs and an amazing young defense, not to mention a great Captain. The secondary scoring will come. I love this team, they are close knit and play through adversity with passion.

Beating the Leafs is always icing on the cake. Let's do it again.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

One would think that to claim that title, they would need a championship or two more recently than 1967.

Paul VI was pope.

Elizabeth II was still Queen of the United Kingdom, but was ‘only’ fifteen years into her reign.

Bobby Orr was a rookie.

There were people alive who actually remembered the Chicago Cubs World Series win of 1908 and the Red Sox World Series Championship of 1918.

Yup. It’s been a while.
I was 7 years old !!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Paul VI was pope.

Bobby Orr was a rookie.

There were people alive who actually remembered the Chicago Cubs World Series win of 1908 and the Boston Red Sox World Series Championship of 1918.

Yup. It’s been a while.
I was -4. And that's not my plus minus stat. :sarcasm:

member 96824

I don’t really feel the fire for MTL anymore...Pittsburgh is still there for sure....but there’s very little that’s as great as absolutely crushing the spirit of maple leaf square though. f*** those people. Every one of them.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
What a patriot!

Many Czech hockey fans work that way.

Their true club allegiance is in Czech republic, so they primarily stick to Czech players.

During Jágr’s actuve NHL tenure (he’s still playing for a club he owns) it wasn’t unusual to cheer for his current team simply because he was playing there.

HOWEVER, it is true both Pasta and DK were always ready to represent in NT jersey when they cluld.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s be friends.

I can stop by, from time to time, but I need mods permission to use Shift key. A lot. (NO SELF-RESPECTING HURRICANES FAN USES CAPS)

Some of my earlier work. Shed of Vengeance

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Many Czech hockey fans work that way.

Their true club allegiance is in Czech republic, so they primarily stick to Czech players.

During Jágr’s actuve NHL tenure (he’s still playing for a club he owns) it wasn’t unusual to cheer for his current team simply because he was playing there.

HOWEVER, it is true both Pasta and DK were always ready to represent in NT jersey when they cluld.

I can stop by, from time to time, but I need mods permission to use Shift key. A lot.

Some of my earlier work. Shed of Vengeance
I checked out your “other work” and please allow me to say that it is my privilege to know you. You are a BEAST. (That’s a complement)

I have a black Bruins Jagr jersey with a 2013 Stanley Cup Final patch on it. I will wear it tonight in your honor.

Feel free to stop in any time.

PS: “An ounce of vengeance is worth a pound of forgiveness.”

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad