Pre-Game Talk: Game 8-10/28 - An Original 6 Rivalry Renewed - Boston Bruins vs. The Winged Wheel - 7pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Potsy needs to have a good game. I'm getting nervous that they may want to send him back.

I doubt that in my personal opinion. 3g 2a is pretty solid for 7 games. He's contributed to at least 3 goals and didn't get awarded points on them either.

He's strong on the puck in the corners and cuts back really well. As a 19 year old defensively and face-off wise he's not that bad. He wasn't the single cause for any goal against when he's been out either.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Potsy needs to have a good game. I'm getting nervous that they may want to send him back.

Can't see this given their center Corp also has #19 in it. Why would they send
#51 back to Junior and keep Beecher on the roster? Their center Corp is really thin right now. They send him down and your centermen are 18-13-38-19. That's gross.

If they decide to shift #39 to center then your weakening your wingers.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The next 3 games will show how the forward corp can do against high powered team after losing for all intents and purposes 3 top 6 forwards from last year.

Bruins missed #37 big time the last 2 minutes Thursday night. No way #37 pulls a Zacha.
Yes the next 3-5 games plus games played will be a good indicator but not this one game. At least that's what I believe Joker was saying. Otherwise my bad.

Hoping the bruins have made some adjustments to the pp. It's been a long time since the bruins have looked this bad on pp. I'm not worried. They have the scoring power but the pp structure is off.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I doubt that in my personal opinion. 3g 2a is pretty solid for 7 games. He's contributed to at least 3 goals and didn't get awarded points on them either.

He's strong on the puck in the corners and cuts back really well. As a 19 year old defensively and face-off wise he's not that bad. He wasn't the single cause for any goal against when he's been out either.
I 100% agree with you and @Blowfish but I am just nervous because he's been so good and earned his role on this team. I'm paranoid

Reactions: hrdpuk and KrugAvoy

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
#51 back to Junior and keep Beecher on the roster? Their center Corp is really thin right now. They send him down and your centermen are 18-13-38-19. That's gross.

#19 should be moved up to see what he can do with some decent players with him. His speed can generate a quicker pace for his wings.

Playing with Brown on your wing defeats Johnny's best asset, his speed

I also think Potsy is here to stay

Reactions: bruins19

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Who's #38?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
#19 should be moved up to see what he can do with some decent players with him. His speed can generate a quicker pace for his wings.

Playing with Brown on your wing defeats Johnny's best asset, his speed

I also think Potsy is here to stay

Beecher has speed, but he IMO isn't processing much offensively. Right now he looks like a guy thinking defense first, second and third.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The hockey show is talking about needing DeBrusk to pick it up and start putting the puck in the net.

They are also discussing how Monty needs to leave the lines alone and let them marinate a bit.

The Bruins have gone from a coach who wouldn’t (barring injuries) change lines even if his life depended on it to a coach who will change lines after 2 shifts. Need to find the middle ground here

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Bruins have gone from a coach who wouldn’t (barring injuries) change lines even if his life depended on it to a coach who will change lines after 2 shifts. Need to find the middle ground here

Ahh yes Cassidy the guy who broke up the perfection line, had Debrusk with krejci, bergeron and Coyle as his center in a short period of time, had Frederic and smith all over the lineup and constantly moving around d pairs.

He always changed lines as well. The only two players that never moved were bergeron and Marchand under cassidy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ya love to see it. I expect him to be shot out of a canon every shit. The forwards need some excitement injected
Poor kid, hope he can play with that going on

Ahh yes Cassidy the guy who broke up the perfection line, had Debrusk with krejci, bergeron and Coyle as his center in a short period of time, had Frederic and smith all over the lineup and constantly moving around d pairs.

He always changed lines as well. The only two players that never moved were bergeron and Marchand under cassidy

It seems to me the difference is that Cassidy would eventually get there if he wasn't happy about something after a couple of periods whereas Monty seems to start tinkering much sooner. Just my impression ,though - I have no hard data.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Poor kid, hope he can play with that going on

It seems to me the difference is that Cassidy would eventually get there if he wasn't happy about something after a couple of periods whereas Monty seems to start tinkering much sooner. Just my impression ,though - I have no hard data.

Agreed, but for the original poster to say Cassidy wouldn’t change lines if his life depended on it is crazy. Cassidy was constantly changing lines as well.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Brown again? Wtf does that guy have on Sweeney? I feel like if Poitras took that same penalty in the third last night there would be an uproar.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad