GDT: Game 79 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens | 7PM | They'll Start Trying Soooooon

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this exact same argument happens every year with Kessel though. Every year. It goes back to Boston. This is who he is.
see I don't remember him being like this last two years, I mean he was our best player first 40-50 games by a long margin, he skated, he backchecked he was aweome, maybe thats why this looks like major drop...anyways...I also don't see him not hustling in play offs...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Our third pairing looks good against a **** team. A **** team without its best forward, its best defenseman and playing its backup goalie.

Saying not to draw conclusion from a game against such a team is not being pessimistic.

Who knows. Maybe our 3rd pairing will be better vs better teams.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
did you think we were doomed when we backed into the playoffs last year?

see I don't remember him being like this last two years, I mean he was our best player first 40-50 games by a long margin, he skated, he backchecked he was aweome, maybe thats why this looks like major drop...anyways...I also don't see him not hustling in play offs...
He probably skated and backchecked more in those first 50 games of this season than he did all last regular season.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just really want them to come out and grab this game by the balls and get those 2 points and a PO berth...

I’d also really like G to get a couple goals...his PDO and his confidence has been dropping....

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
you're gonna stand your ground on +/-?

Look, Phil Kessel does this every single year of his career. Sometimes for a full season. The guy takes chunks of every single season off. He always has, and he always will. When the rest of the team took the first three months off, Phil carried us. Now it's his turn. He's never done it in the playoffs though. When he's dogging it in a game that matters I'll worry.

Who said otherwise?

I took issue with your intoning that Kessel's point totals in March are a mitigating factor. They're no more a mitigating factor than Geno's points early in the season were.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Our third pairing looks good against a **** team. A **** team without its best forward, its best defenseman and playing its backup goalie.

Saying not to draw conclusion from a game against such a team is not being pessimistic.

We can spread our bottom 4 though. Never really liked Maatta with Schultz

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Who said otherwise?

I took issue with your intoning that Kessel's point totals in March are a mitigating factor. They're no more a mitigating factor than Geno's points early in the season were.
they absolutely are a mitigating factor. The point of hockey is to outscore the other team. Sure, he's playing bad defense allowing goals against. Putting up points mitigates that. And even at his worst, he's doing that for us at a very high rate.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just really want them to come out and grab this game by the balls and get those 2 points and a PO berth...

I’d also really like G to get a couple goals...his PDO and his confidence has been dropping....
he's been good, no worries here, he is skating, he's got that hop, a little bit snakebit, but that always happens when PGH media start praising someone, immediate jinx;), I swear I knew it

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

He was worse last year for long stretches and some wanted him traded before Malkin went down in 16. Seems easy to forget now but in the playoffs he’s always been a gamer.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
did you think we were doomed when we backed into the playoffs last year?
We had the 4th best record in the league last year I believe. We were pretty much locked in to where we were. I don't think the situations are at all the same.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kopitar is the best defensive player in the game along with bergeron. So it's more than Points with him and he plays with Dustin brown and Alex Iaffolo..him having 90 points is amazing.

And McDavid should be ahead of Hall in the MVP voting. He is more valuable.

Did Mario win the MVP in 88-89?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad