GDT: Game 79 | NYR @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I dislike calling up Jiricek.

Takes one of Cleveland's most important players away and puts him into a bad situation.

Sweezey would have made more sense here.
Much like Greaves, I think they’re “rewarding” Jiricek with a call up. I don’t think he’s going to stay for the rest of the year.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Much like Greaves, I think they’re “rewarding” Jiricek with a call up. I don’t think he’s going to stay for the rest of the year.
It made sense for Greaves because he hadn’t made his NHL debut yet and it was in his hometown. Jiricek already has.

Just don’t really understand the point; hopefully it’s just because they think it’ll help his development (although I’m not really sure how 1-4 games in our current situation would help him much longer-term) and not because they’re trying to ice the best NHL team possible for tonight.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So are our defensemen Peeke, Boqvist, Jiricek, Bayreuther, Bjork, and Berni tonight? If thats the case Jiricek is our 2nd most expensive D for the game :laugh:

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I dislike calling up Jiricek.

Takes one of Cleveland's most important players away and puts him into a bad situation.

Sweezey would have made more sense here.
Tough luck Cleveland. LOL. It's a way of life for a minor league team.

Giving him more NHL exposure can only help him. He'll have a better of idea of where he needs to improve. If he's all of what everyone here says he is, then he'll be able to hold his own on the ice.

Also, getting paid ten times his AHL rate as others have noted will not put him in a bad mood.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Tough luck Cleveland. LOL. It's a way of life for a minor league team.

Giving him more NHL exposure can only help him. He'll have a better of idea of where he needs to improve. If he's all of what everyone here says he is, then he'll be able to hold his own on the ice.

Also, getting paid ten times his AHL rate as others have noted will not put him in a bad mood.
Giving him NHL exposure when the vets are going through the motions playing out the rest of terrible season vs being heavily relied on in a playoff push? Id say 1 is much better for development and its not the NHL option

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Hoping Jiricek takes a lesson from his short stint and will be working hard in offseason to make it next year from the camp, never ever looking back. He needs those games even if he´s going to burn like paper(I hope he´s not going to) to progress to the next level.

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
So... hopefully Jiricek gets a better idea of what's needed at the NHL level, the guys play hard to show him what they can do, but not well enough to win.

CBJ fan status "it's complicated".

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Uh oh, they're calling it fan appreciation night.

On the plus side the 4 call ups only got a few hours sleep.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
What does 'fan appreciation night' mean in reality?

Hopefully these little things being against us doesn't mean that they do the opposite and go and win this game...

Of course we get the first PP...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad