GDT: GAME 79: HABS @ ISLES | Manolo? Slafsquatch? Chadkovsky? | Thurs. April 11, 2024, 7:30 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Slaf score at least one goal tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs on the heels of an impressive 9-3 win over the supposedly playoff-vying Flyers, that led to several personal firsts/ bests. The most evident was Slaf's first career hat trick, which begat a statement celly:

0vlaudP.gif

As well as giving rise to a new wave of fan monikers.

Why, only last week, several posters bandied about "Slafsquatch" as their preference.

EYHtbQh.png

WjXOEDz.jpg

cFD1Ubr.gif

What about this week, following his hat trick? It's Manolo from Scarface, given how Slaf has shown a tendency to stick out his tongue following major game performances.

It all started with @overlords presenting the following lingual evidence:

q6DLW1o.jpeg

0Iuo42q.png

And so, at the request of @waitin425, there goes Slaf making a cameo as Manolo in the same scene.

6DLzx4w.png

We had already broached the Manolo comparable last December when @Habs10Habs suggested that this still from Scarface, would be a perfect template to transpose Slaf and Suzuki into.

Y9E1GlL.jpeg

And with that, this was born and a pet was also inserted for good measure ...

18Rw4nB.gif

I have a feeling this will just be the tip of the iceberg as Slaf continues his ascent. Not so long ago, some of us embraced "Chadkovsky" as a moniker.

hRPGLJc.gif

All of which takes us back to Nick Bobrov, the man who was apparently responsible for extolling Slaf's virtues at the Habs' scouting meetings leading to the 2022 draft.

Bobrov once again, came into the spotlight recently as fans got to see Reinbacher make his debut with the Rocket and just this week, with the signing of Florian Xhekaj's ELC. I'm sure Bobrov's co-head of scouting, Martin Lapointe also had something to do with it, but it does look like Bobrov pulls more weight.

Speaking of Florian Xhekaj, the artist formerly known as Ebony Mackenzie, has decided to go for his yearly user name switch and Florian was his freshly-minted target of choice.

JXHVSJA.gif

More power to ya, @FloJack!

So, what's Bobrov's secret?

ijNLbpN.gif

We don't really know why Bobrov's fortunes are soaring but it may just be he has become a visionary in no small part thanks to how his glasses magically stay in place, on his forehead. Even Martin Lapointe could be seen at scout meetings sporting his eyewear in the same manner.

In that 9-3 drubbing of the Flyers, it was equally satisfying to see Cole Caufield achieve the 60-point plateau and Joel Armia reach a career high in goals with 17. Even the Power Donkey managed to snap out of his goal scoring funk.

Just when some of us were getting real blasé with the season and couldn't wait for it to be put out of its miserable existence ...

gUapbDQ.gif

Hey, we'll take any piece of good news we can get.

Habs final road trip of the season tonight, as they take on Patrick Roy and the Isles. Note the special starting time.

LINEUPS

vhXfxC1.png

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Islanders are going to be playing hard. This is a playoff game for them for all purposes.

We'll see who's in net for Montreal.

Red Wings are @ Penguins tonight, which Pittsburgh needs to win in regulation if they want a playoff spot.

Capitals @ Sabres.

NYI, Washington, Detroit & Pittsburgh are the teams left in Eastern playoff race. Philadelphia bowed out in a huge way in the game against us.

Hoping for a 20th goal for Slafkovsky.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Habs on the heels of an impressive 9-3 win over the supposedly playoff-vying Flyers, that led to several personal firsts/ bests. The most evident was Slaf's first career hat trick, which begat a statement celly:

0vlaudP.gif

Why, only last week, several posters bandied about "Slafsquatch" as their preference.

EYHtbQh.png

WjXOEDz.jpg

cFD1Ubr.gif

What about this week, following his hat trick? It's Manolo from Scarface, given how Slaf has shown a tendency to stick out his tongue following major game performances.

q6DLW1o.jpeg

0Iuo42q.png

And so, at the request of @waitin425, there goes Slaf making a cameo as Manolo in the same scene.

6DLzx4w.png

We had already broached the Manolo comparable last December when @Habs10Habs suggested that this still from Scarface, would be a perfect template to transpose Slaf and Suzuki into.

Y9E1GlL.jpeg

18Rw4nB.gif

I have a feeling this will just be the tip of the iceberg as Slaf continues his ascent. Not so long ago, some of us embraced "Chadkovsky" as a moniker.

hRPGLJc.gif

All of which takes us back to Nick Bobrov, the man who was apparently responsible for extolling Slaf's virtues at the Habs' scouting meetings leading to the 2022 draft.

Bobrov once again, came into the spotlight recently as fans got to see Reinbacher make his debut with the Rocket and just this week, with the signing of Florian Xhekaj's ELC. I'm sure Bobrov's co-head of scouting, Martin Lapointe also had something to do with it, but it does look like Bobrov pulls more weight.

Speaking of Florian Xhekaj, the artist formerly known as Ebony Mackenzie, has decided to go for his yearly user name switch and Florian was his freshly-minted target of choice.

JXHVSJA.gif

ijNLbpN.gif

We don't really know why Bobrov's fortunes are soaring but it may just be he has become a visionary in no small part thanks to how his glasses magically stay in place, on his forehead. Even Martin Lapointe could be seen at scout meetings sporting his eyewear in the same manner.

In that 9-3 drubbing of the Flyers, it was equally satisfying to see Cole Caufield reach the 60-point plateau and Joel Armia reach a career high in goals with 17. Even the Power Donkey managed to snap his goal scoring funk.

Just when some of us were getting real blasé with the season and couldn't wait for it to be put out of its miserable existence ...

gUapbDQ.gif

Habs final road trip of the season tonight, as they take on Patrick Roy and the Isles. Note the special starting time.

LINEUPS TBA

vhXfxC1.png
Brilliantly done…..absolutely brilliant (Like an English football call)

You’re a star RUNNER, an absolute GEM

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Another must read and enjoyable GDT Thread from the Runner! Well done sir!

As for tonight I want to see a competitive game with no injuries with Slaf scoring his 20th and Caufied scoring his 25th. I also want Matheson to get his 60th point.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
L O EFFIN L! Even if I didn't get a mention.

Isles should be fighting for their lives but teams that have been in their position have not effectively been fighters lately. Another game I have no idea how to predict.

I say go Habs go, even though the first thing I did this morning was check if Phoenix got the extra point last night. :D

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Another must read and enjoyable GDT Thread from the Runner! Well done sir!

As for tonight I want to see a competitive game with no injuries with Slaf scoring his 20th and Caufied scoring his 25th. I also want Matheson to get his 60th point.
Suzuki also needs a couple of points for sure to bring 80 closer to reality.
I'm losing faith though after that 1 point breakout game while we were potting 9. :sarcasm:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

0vlaudP.gif

EYHtbQh.png

WjXOEDz.jpg

cFD1Ubr.gif

q6DLW1o.jpeg

0Iuo42q.png

6DLzx4w.png

Y9E1GlL.jpeg

18Rw4nB.gif

hRPGLJc.gif

JXHVSJA.gif

ijNLbpN.gif

In that 9-3 drubbing of the Flyers, it was equally satisfying to see Cole Caufield reach the 60-point plateau and Joel Armia reach a career high in goals with 17. Even the Power Donkey managed to snap his goal scoring funk.

gUapbDQ.gif

LINEUPS TBA

vhXfxC1.png
Is it me or does Bobrov look like Viggo Mortensen?

Must win for the Isles, we should see Sorokin.
It was must win for the flyers too... we all saw what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad