GDT: Game 79: Coyotes @ Blues / 4 Apr 2016 / 5 PM PDT/ TV: FSAZ Plus/Radio: 620 AM

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Nash is terrible at teaching the game. He repeats the same superlatives and cliches. I feel dumber for watching the Coyotes broadcast.

Like I said, he's obnoxious. I personally can't stand to listen to him either, but he does know the game. You just have to tune out the repetitive, cute little remarks he insists on making over and over and you'll see it.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The young pups, as you like to call them, can never see any wrong when it comes to Domi and Duclair.

Duclair kept his man to the outside, that goal was scored from like the opposing hash marks along the boards. It looks like he was caught flatfooted that's fair, but lets not pretend like he massively failed a defensive assignment or something.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Duclair kept his man to the outside, that goal was scored from like the opposing hash marks along the boards. It looks like he was caught flatfooted that's fair, but lets not pretend like he massively failed a defensive assignment or something.

Here is a prime example.:) Can do no wrong. Look, I really like Duclair and Domi, hell you can add Martinook to that mix and even Reider who I was not a fan of last year. These kids do and will make mistakes, and as their learning curve progresses the secret to their success is to make less and less mistakes. They all are doing just that. They all have exceeded my expectations this year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just because someone's "been there, done that" does not necessarily make him an expert observer.

I give you Wayne Gretzky. :laugh:

I believe it does. If Nash didn't observe during his younger years, he would not have ''been there, done that''.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

The point was that a little extra effort would have thwarted a goal. The point was also designed to be somewhat humorous, for those that understand.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He may be obnoxious and repetitive, but you and several others here could stand to learn an awful lot about the game of hockey, should you elect to listen to him.

No, listen to Boynton. You can learn a lot from Boynton, not Nash.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Boynton was one of the stupidest players to ever lace 'em up, but he does have something to offer from what little I've heard after I leave the games.

He does - he's had the best actual analysis of the game action I've heard in a long time - but I do get sick of the way he keeps harping on how the whole team needs to be fighting everybody.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I learn more about hockey from McConnell than I do from Nash or Boynton. Walshie is a close second to McConnell; he truly knows the game of hockey :nod:
:joker:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I learn more about hockey from McConnell than I do from Nash or Boynton. Walshie is a close second to McConnell; he truly knows the game of hockey :nod:
:joker:

Walsh hit his nadir last night during the D'backs home opener, when he interviewed some nuns to ask them where they thought Joe Garagiola was now. :facepalm:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Nash is terrible at teaching the game. He repeats the same superlatives and cliches. I feel dumber for watching the Coyotes broadcast.

The team his son plays on that he's an assistant coach for is very well-coached, at least.

He knows the game well, just doesn't do a very good job of communicating things to people who don't know it as well as him.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He does - he's had the best actual analysis of the game action I've heard in a long time - but I do get sick of the way he keeps harping on how the whole team needs to be fighting everybody.

Boynton's right! Teams were pounding OEL with borderline hits time and again and nobody but Domi seemed to want to put a stop to it. Our team allowed itself to be manhandled because nobody protected the smaller skilled players.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Boynton's right! Teams were pounding OEL with borderline hits time and again and nobody but Domi seemed to want to put a stop to it. Our team allowed itself to be manhandled because nobody protected the smaller skilled players.

OEL dishes out as much as he gets. It's a big boy's game and OEL is more than aware of that. Penalties are called for infractions and seldom are they missed, there is but the rare occasion to go "all Boynton" with stupid retaliation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad