GDT: GAME 79: CAPS @ HABS | Meatloaf | Thurs., April 6th, 2023, 7:00PM -- TSN2, RDS, NBCSWA, TSN690, 98.5 FM

When will the Habs break their current no-scoring streak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off 4 consecutive losses, the last two by shutout. They've now gone 121 minutes and 25 seconds without scoring.

The last two games were eyesores, it took all the gumption you could muster just to get through them.

That's when you wipe your brow with the back of your hand and seek novelty, a distraction, something else to focus upon.

QoEhTe9.jpg

He's the guy whose teammates have dubbed "Will" and "Chazz", for obvious reasons.

F06XByL.png

Like any other hyped up prospect making his debut in the NHL, it hasn't taken long for Habs fans to size him up, not always in a good way. He's "smol", "he's another Pitlick" and "he belongs in Laval", are common themes. Even his jersey number was deemed banal.

It's predictable that Habs fans have zero patience. No wonder the guy is being included in every second forum fake trade. He barely got here and he just seems to be inconsequential.

eE6WTLF.gif

He's played 4 games so far, has 3 shots on goal and has been averaging 14:24 of TOI. Marty seems to want to get a good grip on what he's about, so the Habs' decimated roster provides a perfect opportunity to put him in an offensive role by playing him alongside Nick Suzuki.

He was thrown to the wolves on his first game vs. Philly, where he played without the benefit of a practice. He had no shots on goal in that one but he did execute a play that showed good awareness and positioning.

jKdpkRj.gif

He notched his first goal on his first NHL official SOG, vs. Florida, on an innocuous, bad angle shot:

qucZI12.gif

Against Detroit, he drew a penalty on this play:

3xyaAq2.gif

We don't know if "Chazz" will stick as one of his nicknames but it's a sure sign of welcome that he got one so early from his teammates.

h4xeo13.gif

Being tabbed "Chazz" is a bit of a low brow move for a Harvard grad, but if he can manage to stay above the fray, who knows what his next nickname might be.

30Hz6jM.gif

LINEUPS

Lqqp2ER.gif

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I like that nickname "Chazz."

Which made me think of a nickname for this year's team: ChAss.

Chances of me watching this game are as good as a tree falling on my neighbor's car mid-day.

@Runner77 Let's see how many of us still got power today :laugh:

In all seriousness, hope everybody is doing okay, wherever you all are. Be safe and best of luck.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
My place has been dark since yesterday afternoon. I'm sitting in an A&W right now, charging my phone and laptop, while draining my mental battery watching this season mercifully approach the end. Tonight may be the emptiest GDT in HFHabs history.
Hey @Lshap

Take good care of yourself bud. Always enjoyed reading your posts. One of the many good posters and members of this forum.

Any talks of the Habs game at the Bell Center getting postponed or cancelled?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
4 more games of his travesty. ... and I can't watch tonight. what a shame. will miss all these goals habs don't score. Is Primeau playing tonight? :D

and with habs losing last 4, how the F is Arizona still only one point up on them? I don't have a good feeling about this.

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
4 more games of his travesty. ... and I can't watch tonight. what a shame. will miss all these goals habs don't score. Is Primeau playing tonight? :D

and with habs losing last 4, how the F is Arizona still only one point up on them? I don't have a good feeling about this.

Monty is the man tonight.

We will pass AZ.. 6th pre-lotto.. not the best, not the worst. Looked like we would catch Philly and Vancouver for awhile, so I'll take it.

Reactions: Rapala

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pride night so the team will probably be buzzing to avoid bad PR. This is the most winnable of our remaining games. Gotta hope the Leafs, Islanders and Bruins crush us. There's a chance the Leafs and Bruins are resting their stars against us though.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Well since Michkov's dad was murdered.. I can understand a little bit more about the fear of security in Russia for their families. They aren't incapable of senseless violence over nothing.
Was he murdered? I haven't followed the story much but from the little I read there was nothing about a murder, only that he's been found drowned.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Was he murdered? I haven't followed the story much but from the little I read there was nothing about a murder, only that he's been found drowned.

It hasn't been ruled a homicide yet but it probably never will be. Not going to get a reliable autopsy or investigation.

Not long after Michkov confirmed his desire to be in the NHL.

Reactions: HuGo Sham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad