BRUINS GDT GAME 79 7:?? PM - THE BEAR pays respect to "Le Démon Blond" - NESN, ESPN+, RDS, TSN2, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1650823355134.png

1650823198707.png

1650823255371.png

1650823473208.png
1650823484645.png

Arbitres/Referees Brian Pochmara (16), Trevor Hanson (14)
Juges de ligne/Linesmen Julien Fournier (56), Derek Nansen (70)

Canadiens de Montréal Notes de Presse/Game Notes

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Canadiens tonight in the 4th and final game between these teams and the 2nd and last game at Bell Centre this season ... The Bruins are 48-25-5 this season and they are 24-12-3 on the road. - They are playing their 10th of 11 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 8-1-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 4-5-0 in the 2nd games so far. - The Bruins face consecutive games this weekend with a 3-1 win vs. NY Rangers yesterday afternoon and playing in Montreal tonight ... They will close out the regular season hosting Florida on 4/26 and Buffalo on 4/28 and before finishing in Toronto on 4/29 ... The playoff schedule is not yet determined.

MAN-GAMES LOST TO INJURY – 224 - Jesper Froden: Lower body - Jakub Zboril: Right knee surgery; Expected to miss remainder of the season

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Nick Foligno’s next point will be the 500th NHL point of his career. - Charlie Coyle is two games short of 700 NHL games. - Matt Grzelcyk is three points shy of his 100th NHL point. - Craig Smith is four points short of 400 NHL points. - Mike Reilly is four points shy of his 100th NHL point. - Patrice Bergeron is five goals short of his 400th NHL goal ... Will become the 4th Bruin in history to hit that milestone.

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for 753rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 287-353-103-10 record and 1,999-2,260 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 115-211-47-3 in Montreal with a 898-1,243 scoring margin in those 376 games. - The Bruins have won the 1st 3 games of this season’s series with a 5-2 win in Boston on 11/14, a 5-1 home win on 1/12 and a 3-2 OT win in Montreal on 3/21 ... They are now 12-2-1 in their last 15 games vs the Canadiens.

The Boston Bruins will look to keep pace in the Atlantic Division when they visit the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday night.

The Bruins (48-25-5, 101 points) are three points behind the Tampa Bay Lightning for third place in the division after posting a 3-1 triumph against the New York Rangers on Saturday. The win was Boston's third in the team's past four games following a three-game losing streak.

The Bruins were buoyed by the returns of forward David Pastrnak, defenseman Hampus Lindholm and goalie Linus Ullmark. Pastrnak had been sidelined eight games with an undisclosed injury, Lindholm missed seven games due to a lower-body ailment, and Ullmark sat out three with an undisclosed injury.

"This time of year is when you're in the dog days, looking forward to the playoffs but still have to play games and play well ... so it brings a littler bit of different energy in the room," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "It's going to make a difference in your lineup. Other guys shift back down to where they're best suited as well. Once you get the bump from them, you get guys back to their normal spots, and I just think it makes for a cleaner game."

Pastrnak had a goal and an assist to reach 500 career points and bring his season total to 73 points, one shy of Brad Marchand for the team lead. Pastrnak is one goal away from reaching the 40-mark for the second time in his NHL career.

"It was nice that I was able to come back and help the team," he said. "Obviously, it's nice (to get 500 points). If you told me as a kid, I wouldn't have believed you. I'm very humbled about it and happy."

The Canadiens (20-48-11, 51 points) are coming off their eighth straight defeat with a 6-4 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Montreal has been outscored 37-16 during its skid.

The Canadiens have allowed at least three goals in six of the seven losses and in 12 of their past 13 games overall.

"It (stinks) to lose," forward Rem Pitlick said. "I think as a team, as an athlete, there is that fire and frustration when you lose. We're (angry), but we're just going to keep working. There's nothing you can do other than try to keep getting better, and hopefully it bounces in your favor. We're doing what we can do to control it."

The scoring touch has been hard to come by this season for Brendan Gallagher, who is stuck at a career-low six goals in 53 games. The 29-year-old, who recorded consecutive 30-plus goal seasons in 2018-19 and 2019-20, brings a nine-game goal drought into Sunday's contest and has tallied just twice in his past 34 games.

"I'm a process guy," Gallagher said. "You continue to get those chances, continue to do the right things, they'll go in. Maybe not this year, but they'll go in. I haven't lost belief in myself. I still know I'm capable of scoring goals, regardless of results. It's just a matter of me understanding some areas to improve and some areas that are the bread and butter of my game that I need to continue to do."

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MONTREAL -- In accordance with the wishes of the Lafleur family, the Montreal Canadiens announced on Sunday the events for the coming week leading up to Guy Lafleur's funeral.

Out of respect for the public, which has supported Guy over the years, the Lafleur family has agreed to share their grief with the community. And in keeping with the family's wishes, all activities will reflect the image of the late hockey legend: they will be humble and accessible.

At tonight's game at the Bell Centre, all Canadiens players will don the famous No. 10 as a ceremonial patch on their jerseys. To honor Lafleur's legacy, the team will present a special pregame ceremony in memory of the iconic player and man he was.

Lafleur will lie in state at the Bell Centre on Sunday, May 1, from noon to 8:00 p.m. and Monday, May 2, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fans wishing to pay a final tribute to Lafleur are invited to visit the Bell Centre, using its main entrance at 1909 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal.

The national funeral will be held on Tuesday, May 3 at 11:00 a.m. at Mary Queen of the World Cathedral, located on Rene-Levesque Blvd., corner Mansfield. At the family's request, the events will be organized by the Canadiens, with the collaboration of the Protocole du Gouvernement du Quebec.

Members of the public wishing to express their condolences can visit the Canadiens' website.

Fans wishing to honor Lafleur's memory by contributing to the Guy Lafleur Fund for Cancer Research can make a donation in his name to the Fondation du Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM).

The Lafleur family thanks the media and the public for continuing to respect their privacy during this difficult time.

Overview of the events:
Sunday, May 1, from noon to 8:00 p.m. and Monday, May 2, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Mr. Lafleur will lie in state at the Bell Centre (main entrance, 1909 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montreal)
Tuesday, May 3 at 11:00 a.m.
Funeral (Mary Queen of the World Cathedral, Rene-Levesque Blvd., corner Mansfield)

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I definitely will be tuning in for the ceremony. RIP to an all time great. . .

Also Fenway great food choices. . . Better have a nap before the game. . . .hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad