GDT: GAME 78 | Senators @ Panthers | Let Them Fight Edition | Tue Apr 9 2024, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Can’t blame the goalies tonight so typically people start blaming the refs 😭

Major work needs to be done with this team
The Refs were terrible... Uneven and missed calls all night. Are we supposed to ignore that so we don't upset you? The Refs off limits?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Can’t blame the goalies tonight so typically people start blaming the refs 😭

Major work needs to be done with this team
I would just say, what you saw was a playoffs team who will likely go at least to the eastern conference final, versus a none playoff team. It's a learning lesson for our team. Perfect video for Martin to show the boys before the break.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I hope the Senators took some lessons from Florida tonight, because Florida is playing playoff hockey right now.
To be fair, we played a pretty solid game, we were physical and limited their chances, and that while missing our top two centers to injuries, a bad change on the PK is what cost us. Florida is going to give most teams a hard time, I'd have liked to get at least one by Stolarz but all in all we did a lot of good things.

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
Slafkofsky, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach and Ghule in the NHL at the moment then Reinbacher, Beck, Mallioux and Joshua in the pipeline. They seem to be putting a good team together.
I don’t really know how anyone sees anything much with them. Some of those names have potential to be stars in the league and others inching close but it’s how you surround and support those stars and it’s a results based league. They’ve done jack sh*t yet. Same as us. I hate that Habs uniform, that toilet seat logo, as well as their passionate and insufferable delusional fan base with a strong passion, unlike any other. Like I despise them. I don’t even know what it is exactly. Maybe the Ole’ing those cocky arses start doing every time they win a regular season game. I don’t wish them well at all but I’m approaching the old and bitter stage. I want the Sens to have success now that we have proper ownership in place finally. Back to Habs, hopefully for them at least, they found the right coach and blend of players to put it together. Maybe they will. Maybe they won’t. We haven’t yet and look at us toil in pure suckage for years now. How long will it continue to last. I forgot where I was going with this other than you’re probably not gonna get much Hab love here from Sens fans…. Yes, mainly I’m bitter I think. 🤔 Oh and old but I pointed that out already 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LiseL

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
To be fair, we played a pretty solid game, we were physical and limited their chances, and that while missing our top two centers to injuries, a bad change on the PK is what cost us. Florida is going to give most teams a hard time, I'd have liked to get at least one by Stolarz but all in all we did a lot of good things.
I’ll have to take your word for it. I just hit delete. I usually love watchingthe Sens play. Tonight I started it 30 mins late as per usual. I then woke back up on the couch in time to see Jacques post game. The last thing remembered was Greig fighting Mikkola. Oh well. Great nap just the same. Lol

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I'm not saying our game wasn't good. I am just saying that Florida is on another level right now.

Reactions: lang006

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
At least they made the loss somewhat respectable and not another blowout by Florida. That Florida team is built for the playoffs. Going to be fun watching this year......from the outside again.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Shutouts against suck

3 shutouts to one team in a single season is ridiculous

Chychrun is a better player on his strong side. That left side of Sandy Chychrun Chabot is formidable. I know there are cap considerations and we have to strengthen the right side and get more physicality though.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chychrun is a better player on his strong side. That left side of Sandy Chychrun Chabot is formidable. I know there are cap considerations and we have to strengthen the right side and get more physicality though.
This is why Chychrun is getting shipped out, and the assets used to get ourselves a RHD. This team is badly out of balance, an outcome that was obvious to everyone except our former GM.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ghaaa... If you are watching the TSN feed (commercials), that "all new" Hyundai Santa Fe is one ugly mo-fo. Design is so squared out it looks like a bread delivery van! I can't imagine Connor Beddard and his sister are going to be happy.... unless they get a cheque and free ones of course.

I actually love boxy SUVs. That's what I grew up on.

I hate these new age curvy SUVs that look like cars but bigger.

The first SUV I drove was the 80s/90s jeep Cherokee which is the same boxy shape as that Santa Fe.

Or look at your classic land rover range rover. Square body.

Love it.

So that was their big response, huh?

Lmao right.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
So that was their big response, huh?
Big build up as a grudge match and retribution by the Sens, but those 2 fights didn’t do much for us & were rather pointless. MacEwan is the new Watson from the pugilistic perspective.

We’re as dry as a popcorn fart when it comes to scoring goals against the Panthers. Pretty sure we need to score goals to win. Panthers play a strong, responsible defensive game that makes it tough on their opponents though.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Shutouts against suck

3 shutouts to one team in a single season is ridiculous

I think we have to move one of Chychrun or Chabot. I would not call it formidable we need better defenders. I'd rather have Kleven on the 3rd pair.. He will need some development but he will be a good , relatively cheap solution

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I think we have to move one of Chychrun or Chabot. I would not call it formidable we need better defenders. I'd rather have Kleven on the 3rd pair.. He will need some development but he will be a good , relatively cheap solution

Easily Chychrun. He is unbearably soft and a turnover machine

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad