GDT: Game 78: MTL @ CBJ | Game of the Season | Mar. 28, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Which avatar should Mrb1p use from now on? (see Post no. 10 in this thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here we go with that coitus interruptus cannon, again.

This time, we think we have found a way to silence it ...

HkFdqrS.gif

A lot of pundits and fans are saying this is the game of the season for the Habs. And so, all precautions must be taken ...

dhZFrm1.gif

Habs heading into this one without one of their trusted warriors, with Byron not making the trip for reasons we all know. Several reasons in fact, that sadly made too good of a contact with Byron's head.

However, several other circumstances are painting a positive outlook, as the Habs are coming off netting 9 points out of 10 in their last 5 games.

Lots of good news as several Habs have been having career years when it comes to scoring:

Among them is this guy, who was featured on a timely basis in our last GDT:

Hh4OetA.jpg

Tuna has caught the big fish but so have the Habs. That Pacioretty trade just keeps on giving ...

qUX0FXE.gif

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-03-27_%C3%A0_16.42.48.png

Tatar with 2 goals and 1 assist in Tuesday's Panthers game, has the whole city talking ...

6vo1bh7.gif

Given how well the Habs have been doing lately, Bergevin and Julien have had more time on their hands, feeling less pressure than they normally do.

In fact, they have felt particularly emboldened to do this ...

oe5sfRD.gif

They're both featured in a cheese commercial that is airing currently. Full version here:

Jeez, I wonder how come they're both mutes in the ad. Maybe the producer was all too aware of gems like "matssssss", "sahhh-ke" and "kan kon" seeping in at any moment.

We'd be remiss not to mention this forum's favorite whipping boy, who is celebrating a birthday today. Take that!

5yeMiI8.gif

Finally, from the Mint File, you won't be surprised to find out that the Mint Boys are always up to something. This time, they're jointly attempting a fashion statement ...

erxmvmJ.jpg

HABS LINEUP

CBJ LINEUP TBA

YfYAg6y.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Guillaume Latendresse wished Drouin a happy birthday with this reality-check comment last night on AC:

Si (Drouin) était là à tous les soirs pis ses performances étaient là, le monde serait en arrière de lui pis ça serait l'idole du peuple. Je pense que c'est entre ses mains de réaliser l'opportunité qu'il a devant lui, pis de suivre des Gallaghers.

Moi j'pense pas que si tu veux gagner une Coupe Stanley à Montréal, ça va être Drouin ton premier ailier gauche. Ben honnêtement. J'pense qu'il va être un très bon joueur de soutien qui va suivre d'autres leaders. C'est un suiveux, c'est pas un leader. Mais y'a un potential pour faire changer la game à tous les soirs.

TRANSLATION: If Drouin showed up every night and performed, fans would back him up and he'd be an idol of the people. I think it's up to him to take advantage of the opportunity he has and to follow the likes of Gallagher.

If you want to win a Stanley Cup in Montreal, Drouin will not be your no. 1 left wing. Honestly. I think he'll be a good support player who is going to follow other leaders. He's a follower, not a leader. However, he does own the potential to change the outcome of a game every night.

So, Guillaume, the Habs traded an 18 year old potential top pairing D for a forward who is only valuable in a supporting role?

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We didn't make this trade, Bergevin did, and Guigui is right on this.

I'm going to have to use the third person from now on, just like Drouin did recently:

“That’s one thing about Montreal now,” Drouin said. “Someone (else) turns it over six times, his name’s not named. When Jonathan Drouin turns one over, it’s on Twitter, its in the media, everyone talks about it. I don’t control what people say. If I have one turnover a game, everyone turns the puck over. It’s hockey.”

And nowhere am I disputing that Latendresse is wrong on his assessment.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Guillaume Latendresse wished Drouin a happy birthday with this reality-check comment last night on AC:

Si (Drouin) était là à tous les soirs pis ses performances étaient là, le monde serait en arrière de lui pis ça serait l'idole du peuple. Je pense que c'est entre ses mains de réaliser l'opportunité qu'il a devant lui, pis de suivre des Gallaghers.

Moi j'pense pas que si tu veux gagner une Coupe Stanley à Montréal, ça va être Drouin ton premier ailier gauche. Ben honnêtement. J'pense qu'il va être un très bon joueur de soutien qui va suivre d'autres leaders. C'est un suiveux, c'est pas un leader. Mais y'a un potential pour faire changer la game à tous les soirs.

TRANSLATION: If Drouin showed up every night and performed, fans would back him up and he'd be an idol of the people. I think it's up to him to take advantage of the opportunity he has and to follow the likes of Gallagher.

If you want to win a Stanley Cup in Montreal, Drouin will not be your no. 1 left wing. Honestly. I think he'll be a good support player who is going to follow other leaders. He's a follower, not a leader. However, he does own the potential to change the outcome of a game every night.

So, Guillaume, the Habs traded an 18 year old potential top pairing D for a forward who is only valuable in a supporting role?

Ironic comment from a 6'3 guy playing like a p***y in his 5 years career whos on Antichambre before he was 30. The guy that had everything and 2 much of p***y to use it.

but hes right about mcnuggets

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is going to be one stressful game. Maybe a little levity is in order.

With that in mind ... should Mrb1p keep his current avatar or consider one of his 3 other options?

T5xgJdz.jpg

The dog is just generic internet photo stock.

Fatso is Mrb1p's real life cat as mentioned in a recent GDT but a pic has never been published.

And Beefaroni is a Mrb1p fave.

Please take the poll.

Hopefully the game will provide plenty of good memories so we won't remember that this poll even existed. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Expecting the cannon to be red hot by the end of this game.(That is if they shoot it when the Habs score.) Say bye bye to the 180 mins. of shutout goaltending by Bobrovsky.

Price will bè "The Wall"(insert Pink Floyd music here.) as the CBJ's remember how it is to play against Carey. This is my warmup music before this game, as the Habs add another Brick in the Wall leaving Columbus.
Then Columbus gets to play back to back against Nashville (Sat.) & Buffalo (Sunday)

Expecting great things from Lehkonen, Shaw & Domi line as usual. Leading the way the other two top lines Gallagher, Tatar & Danault always tough to play and Kotkaneimi, Army & Drouin( Happy Birthday Johnathan) may all the bounces go your way today.
Weber, Benn & Kulak have added scoring from the defence lately, Mete's due to get that monkey :wedgie:off his back, no better time for that.

Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::devdance::devdance::devdance::dm::dm::dm:Weal has bèen a great addition adding his speed & offensive talents to the checking line.
Expect the Habs to play a tight game & take advantage of the CBJ's mistakes. Three cheers for the entire coaching staff Luke Richardson, Kirk Muller, Dom.Ducharme & Claude Julien Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy: Oh yeah training staff also:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm going to have to use the third person from now on, just like Drouin did recently:

“That’s one thing about Montreal now,” Drouin said. “Someone (else) turns it over six times, his name’s not named. When Jonathan Drouin turns one over, it’s on Twitter, its in the media, everyone talks about it. I don’t control what people say. If I have one turnover a game, everyone turns the puck over. It’s hockey.”

And nowhere am I disputing that Latendresse is wrong on his assessment.
Drouin really say that? Man, he won't last his contract here.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Win and you're in. Not officially, but a loss at this stage puts Montreal 4 points up. Columbus would have a game in hand I believe.

Montreal plays tough teams but those tough teams will be resting players likely, so might get the advantage.

Biggest game of the season and biggest game they've played in a while.

Time to see who shows up and breaks through. I'm hoping Peca takes Byron's spot.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

We discussed how JD was a fifth wheel in Tampa and wouldn't necessarily bust out here in Montreal. Keep in mind this was before he actually played a game with us. It's nice to see some of the pundits catching on.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Outstanding GDT Runner... I hate tuna, and love Tatar.

They need to make Bob crack tonight. I want Jay in BOBROVVVVVVSKY-mode tomorrow morning, the Habs are on his case tonight.

I woke up at 5h15 like it's TWD out here. Nope, no walkers, just the game of the year against the same guys who ripped us 10+ goals in a single game - going on recent memory. Now 12 ish hours from puck drop, and whilst the Old Craig dude may have 6 naps between now and then I won't be able to close either one of my eyes that's for sure. If they lose tonight I go into full Spring / let's get the car ready, mode.

Reactions: Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We need all the good luck charms to be inserted into this GDT.

tenor.gif

Since I can't yell at the tv past 7h30 every night -20-month old sleeping about 25 feet away- this looks like an enhanced version of me celebrating a Lehkonen goal when they happen. I wear socks so I'm just gliding in front of the couch.

I'll go with a wishful 3-1 Habs. Lehkonen empty-netter, from roughly 11 feet away just to be sure it goes in.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
JD whining about everyone on his case because of turnovers...cracks me up, because up until now, no one mentioned it, and should have back in October!! He was given so much rope he did not deserve. Such a sook.

Play JD, just play!

Drouin should let his play talk for him from now on.
Tonight would be a great night to shut a lot of people up, especially on his birth day.

Habs won the 2 first games between the 2 teams, now let's sweep them clean. Don't even want them to get one point out of this one.

Reactions: CanadiensChick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad