Post-Game Talk: Game 78: It's a Bird! It's a Plane! | Blackhawks @ Jets | 4/1/2016 | 7 PM CDT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
TVR was absolutely terrible tonight. Barely AHL worthy. Let's just say that -3 was a generous representtion of his play.

Well, he's all we got. Either he figures it out in the next 4 games or ... we talk about next year.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
I'm not exactly brimming with confidence after that performance, but can we all just appreciate for a moment what a great player Panarin is? Seriously, I expected a good player, but I genuinely believe he is one of the best wingers in the league. Such a joy to watch.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Hawks-bench-April-1-2016-300x200.jpg

Hawks post-game audio: Coach Q, Hjalmarsson and Seabrook should be up right away.

To listen click here.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'm not exactly brimming with confidence after that performance, but can we all just appreciate for a moment what a great player Panarin is? Seriously, I expected a good player, but I genuinely believe he is one of the best wingers in the league. Such a joy to watch.

Apart from his obvious all star skills, he's far tougher than he looks.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Gus needs to be an everyday dman
Tvrneeds be on the right side of the third pairing

Keith seabrook
Hammer gus
Erhoff/svedberg tvr/rozy

Rotate those bottom 6 any way you want q

Crow

May 19, 2014
Rosi made two huge plays on one shift that impressed the **** out of me in the late 3rd. I'm happy we have him. Seems like he can step up.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Love that Kane was wearing the A. Speaks volumes of what the room/org thinks on him this season. Usually Hjalmarsson wears it after Toews, Keith, Seabrook and/or Hossa are out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Listening on radio it seemed Panarin just took over game

Would that be accurate description?

He was very visible out there but Kane was more dominate. Panarin looked like he did before the slump.

Kane, Panarin, and TT were our best forwards.

AA had a good game as well.

Weise has a solid game but he needs to get off the schneid.

There were some really good signs from the game (the Hawks showing life) and their then there was TVR and Seabs.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Does it really even matter how the Hawks finish in these last 4 games? This team still is playing like **** even against **** competition like Winnipeg.

Whoever gets the Hawks in the first round is going to feast on this team's inability to play hockey.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015

Panarin is a great player, however, he holds on to the puck too long, causes relatively frequent turnovers at his own blue line, and is looking for Kane too much / doesn't shoot the puck enough. When his plays work they are highlight reels and I love them, but as we progressed through the season that has been less and less the case.

I think his ability and the ease with which he scored at the beginning of the season are detrimental to him now. Teams are aware of him now, they watch him closely, put their best defensemen on him, and he can't get away with the plays he did before. So often you see him try a fancy play only for it to turn into a giveaway. Rather than go for the safe, effective play he forces the fancy play and it backfires more often than not.

His true worth will depend on how he can adapt to the new adversity, especially when it ramps up in the playoffs. I hope he can simplify his game and be effective even in the post-season, but his recent slump (and play) have not filled me with confidence that he'll be able to deliver ...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Does it really even matter how the Hawks finish in these last 4 games? This team still is playing like **** even against **** competition like Winnipeg.

Whoever gets the Hawks in the first round is going to feast on this team's inability to play hockey.

Can you clarify your mental midget comment about Crawford?

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014

Fairly certain I thought this last year after we dropped the last 4. I realize.. not same team, but who knows.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He was very visible out there but Kane was more dominate. Panarin looked like he did before the slump.

Kane, Panarin, and TT were our best forwards.

AA had a good game as well.

Weise has a solid game but he needs to get off the schneid.

There were some really good signs from the game (the Hawks showing life) and their then there was TVR and Seabs.

Honestly, it was refreshing to see the Hawks not wilt after going down in the game, which they have had a tendency to do lately.

You can say it's "only" the Jets, but keep in mind that's a very physical team, not exactly easy to play against, and the Hawks were playing with only two good NHL defensemen (or one, depending on your opinion of Seabrook). Plus they were without Hossa, too.

So all in all, a good night.

Yep... baby steps to peaking in the middle of this month.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Kruger quietly had a pretty good game imo. He looks rejuvenated. Definatly a better player than we saw earlier in the year.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Kruger quietly had a pretty good game imo. He looks rejuvenated. Definatly a better player than we saw earlier in the year.

Have to admit, the PK has stepped it up since his return. Don't think we have given up a goal on the PK since his return.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Have to admit, the PK has stepped it up since his return. Don't think we have given up a goal on the PK since his return.

He actually even looked good in the offensive zone. That pass to Panarin on the game tieing goal was a beaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad