[Game #78] Cynicism - 8:00 PM CT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I mean ... that's not even possible. Even if Dallas loses against Seattle, the worst the Stars could be going into Tuesday is tied.

If we lose to Seattle and they beat San Jose wouldn't they be ahead of us on regulation wins?

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I like where our team is at.

Feeling like this boat: | Funny pictures, Funny, Funny signs

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
Okay do the math now- looking pretty shitty! What gets them motivated to try and win a game? This is so frustrating as a fan- no MOTIVATION at all- this coaching staff better start cleaning out their offices!

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think the funny thing about all of this overreacting is the exact scenario that we discussed 1 to 2 weeks ago could also still play out where Dallas eliminates Vegas on Tuesday. Nothing essentially has changed.

Dallas wasn't playing all that well all season. Melting down at this point is pretty surprising considering they've been in this exact same position all year. They're not a great team.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Okay do the math now- looking pretty shitty! What gets them motivated to try and win a game? This is so frustrating as a fan- no MOTIVATION at all- this coaching staff better start cleaning out their offices!

It's identical to what it was for the past week or two.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think the funny thing about all of this overreacting is the exact scenario that we discussed 1 to 2 weeks ago could also still play out where Dallas eliminates Vegas on Tuesday. Nothing essentially has changed.

Dallas wasn't playing all that well all season. Melting down at this point is pretty surprising considering they've been in this exact same position all year. They're not a great team.
I don’t understand why you’re so combative about this.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

Because the team looks like shit and don’t deserve to make the playoffs. We have to rely on other teams sucking to squeeze in.

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
LA up 2-0 on Chicago

That'll pretty much eliminate that 3rd spot in the Pacific chance for Vegas

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I don’t understand why you’re so combative about this.

It's the overreaction. The same people throwing a tantrum about a 3 game losing streak were hyped and talking about which team Dallas had a better chance of upsetting in Round 1 a week or two ago.

It's just funny. Nothing has changed much, and Dallas playing poorly isn't some new revelation. I get being upset about outcomes, but the full-on meltdowns talking about it's all over is ridiculous.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Because the team looks like shit and don’t deserve to make the playoffs. We have to rely on other teams sucking to squeeze in.

I think he’s saying it’s odd people are melting down now because this shouldn’t be a surprise. They’ve been a mediocre team all season.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

Again ... how is that different from 2 weeks ago, month, January ...

Outside of a few periods where they 3 spots out or actually in the Top 3 in the Central, they've been firmly in that 6 to 10 range nearly the entire season.

It doesn't matter much if they deserve to get in. They've positioned themselves where they somehow still control getting in.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Again ... how is that different from 2 weeks ago, month, January ...

Outside of a few periods where they 3 spots out or actually in the Top 3 in the Central, they've been firmly in that 6 to 10 range nearly the entire season.

It doesn't matter much if they deserve to get in. They've positioned themselves where they somehow still control getting in.
I was bitching in January too lol. This is not a fun team to watch. Period. Maybe a couple of games this season.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think he’s saying it’s odd people are melting down now because this shouldn’t be a surprise. They’ve been a mediocre team all season.

Yes. It's humorous that people seem to be reacting like they're getting let down despite 78 games of evidence suggesting the team is pretty much exactly where it should be, and at this point, the thing saving them is their OT record. Good on them for that because every metric suggests they're below average.

If they slip out ultimately, it'll suck, and I'll be disappointed, but to suggest this 3 game period proves they didn't deserve it or this was the untimely end to the season just seems comical.

The cherry on top though ... is they are still in total control of making the playoffs because pretty much every other team in the race is doing everything to not make it as well.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Yes. It's humorous that people seem to be reacting like they're getting let down despite 78 games of evidence suggesting the team is pretty much exactly where it should be, and at this point, the thing saving them is their OT record. Good on them for that because every metric suggests they're below average.

If they slip out ultimately, it'll suck, and I'll be disappointed, but to suggest this 3 game period proves they didn't deserve it or this was the untimely end to the season just seems comical.

The cherry on top though ... is they are still in total control of making the playoffs because pretty much every other team in the race is doing everything to not make it as well.
Yeah this team is bang average to sub average. You'd still like to see the team rise to the occasion in crunch time, but yeah this is just a team that is built flawed and a coach out of his depth. If they make it in thats cool, but if they don't make it I'm not surpised

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's the overreaction. The same people throwing a tantrum about a 3 game losing streak were hyped and talking about which team Dallas had a better chance of upsetting in Round 1 a week or two ago.

It's just funny. Nothing has changed much, and Dallas playing poorly isn't some new revelation. I get being upset about outcomes, but the full-on meltdowns talking about it's all over is ridiculous.
It’s not overreaction. This three game losing streak has dropped the Stars odds of making the playoffs from 93.8% to 78.4%. That’s a heck of a swing. Snagging some points on this trip could have made the Vegas game meaningless, but the Stars failed.

Reactions: The Tourist

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Pavelski, Klingberg, Radulov, Raffl, Holtby(was he injured at deadline I forget) as UFAs and we got nothing. The worst asset management in NHL history if we miss the playoffs.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

Dallas eliminates Vegas or Vegas eliminates Dallas? The way they are playing Vegas will beat Dallas.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I didn't have a good feeling about this game so I didn't bother going. Which is a first for me.

Tough B2B matchup against a solid club. There's lots to like about Oettinger long term though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad