GDT: Game 78: Capitals @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
In 7 games since returning, Smith has a .962 save percentage and 1.29 goals-against average.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
In 7 games since returning, Smith has a .962 save percentage and 1.29 goals-against average.

Pretty impressive, wonder why he has been so good. No pressure or Loui playing well? Short sample though.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Pretty impressive, wonder why he has been so good. No pressure or Loui playing well? Short sample though.

My theory is still that he's had a nagging injury for a while. Even tonight early in the game he went down awkwardly and stretched out his left leg after. As good as he's been I wish we would've kept him out to be sure he's 100% recovered.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Just back. I enjoyed seeing us win again. My section won the Papa Johns pizza. My experience with the pizza gift code that they hand out is that it won't work. But I did snag a t-shirt when they tossed those about. Not sure if I'll have the money for a ticket package next year. Probably will feel the wrath of Spirit of Lindgren for that last comment.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This was a nice way to end the home games. The Coyotes were demons along the boards. The refs swallowed their whistles and both teams took liberties. The guy next to me won something. Such is life.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Just back. I enjoyed seeing us win again. My section won the Papa Johns pizza. My experience with the pizza gift code that they hand out is that it won't work. But I did snag a t-shirt when they tossed those about. Not sure if I'll have the money for a ticket package next year. Probably will feel the wrath of Spirit of Lindgren for that last comment.

You'll be back - it can't be helped - it's in your blood!
Never had a problem with the pizza code (the one time I got one) :laugh:, so good luck!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This was a nice way to end the home games. The Coyotes were demons along the boards. The refs swallowed their whistles and both teams took liberties. The guy next to me won something. Such is life.

They sure did let 'em play - great game.
Atmosphere for the last three games has been outstanding, particularly the last two Saturday's.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Murphy is looking really good. Next year he's going to be even heavier and smarter. May not be so out of place with OEL after all. We still need a RHD for our top four, but I think one of those spots is firmly his next year.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Murphy is looking really good. Next year he's going to be even heavier and smarter. May not be so out of place with OEL after all. We still need a RHD for our top four, but I think one of those spots is firmly his next year.

Almost bought myself a Murphy jersey tonight too. Really loving his game, but will hold off until I see his contract.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They sure did let 'em play - great game.
Atmosphere for the last three games has been outstanding, particularly the last two Saturday's.

Yup. The Capitals were playing back to back, but still, the Coyotes gave them more than they could handle this game.

I agree.

Reider had an incredible game

One of his best of the year. Another kid progressing nicely.:nod:

Best game of season? Certainly entertaining.

Not sure if it was the best but entertaining. I love watching Martinook play. He hustles every game and his line was very good.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Boyd Gordon was really good last night. I wonder if we had big crowds engaged every night how much better would the Coyotes be??? They seem to elevate their game when the buzz is there.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Yeah I think he's shown he can be a partner for oel. I still think we need another rhd as good or better than he is, but I'd prefer to but that guy on the "second" pairing for depth, that way we have two badass a pairs. If we can swing it so kconn and stone are the third pair next year we'll be in damn good shape on d imo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah I think he's shown he can be a partner for oel. I still think we need another rhd as good or better than he is, but I'd prefer to but that guy on the "second" pairing for depth, that way we have two badass a pairs. If we can swing it so kconn and stone are the third pair next year we'll be in damn good shape on d imo.

The way Stone was playing before he was hurt he was a great second pairing. I think it would be a waste to have him as a third pairing. I would rather have a 2nd pairing LHD.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How to they pick the recipients of the player jersey give away?

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just ok I'd say. Not quite ready for the NHL yet, but soon.

I thought that he looked good for a rookie call up. Needs to get a bit stronger on the dot, defensively responsible, blocked a shot or two.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The sunshine fans came out last night!!!!!!
Ive suggested to the front office that they call EVERY game "Fan Appreciation Night"...
Glad I went..Did NOT boycott to protest phony fans this year.....and it was the best night of the year.
Its a testament to the team that they were so good last night, to the very fans that are still letting them down all year long.
IF YOU LIVE IN ARIZONA, SUPPORT ARIZONA TEAMS!
And that starts with your phone call! 480-563-puck
Hope to see all of you packing the house ALL YEAR next year!!!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The sunshine fans came out last night!!!!!!
Ive suggested to the front office that they call EVERY game "Fan Appreciation Night"...
Glad I went..Did NOT boycott to protest phony fans this year.....and it was the best night of the year.
Its a testament to the team that they were so good last night, to the very fans that are still letting them down all year long.
IF YOU LIVE IN ARIZONA, SUPPORT ARIZONA TEAMS!
And that starts with your phone call! 480-563-puck
Hope to see all of you packing the house ALL YEAR next year!!!

War bonds are on sale in the front lobby.

Rah! Love your emotional investment. Seriously. I get a kick out of over the top. I'm sure the crowd will go up an average of 2,999 a game when the team gets a new barn in the East Valley or downtown... That's 3000 minus Feckless.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad